• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP117 Title and summaries for 114-117

I will admit, having read Dogasu's description again... if this ends up crossing over with Training Daze, I wonder how that will affect the HoSo's status as non canon.

What with this "canon" stupidity? Why wouldn't it be? The Chronicles episodes are just like the regular show episodes... and we even got a flashback to this Chronicles episode in that "Back to basics" TR episodes that aired recently in English

EVERYTHING is canon... "canon"... fans' stupid invention
It happened in the show (and the movies/whatever is all part of the show) than it happened
They don't have to reference something to "confirm" it happened... that's just ridiculous

Well, you could argue that it negated Jessie and James being friends as teens when they were trying to get into PokeTech and when they were members of the Sunny Town bike gang. But I don't think they actually said something in the Hoso that confirmed or negated their previous friendship...

I'll post this here to avoid double posting in the AD thread...

[bp]DP114[/bp]: Written by Atsuhiro Tomioka, animation director is Kunihiko Natsume
(as I predicted based on the preview)

[bp]DP115[/bp]: Written by Shōji Yonemura, animation director is Izumi Shimura
(thankfully, for this episode anyway, my gut feeling was wrong)

[bp]DP116[/bp]: Written by Yukiyoshi Ōhashi, animation director is Yūsaku Takeda
(...but, of course he had to be in charge of the episode with, IMO, one of the stupidest looking Pokémon in existance)

[bp]DP117[/bp]: Written by Junki Takegami, animation director is Toshihito Hirooka

Now, I wonder how many people on SPPf have seen DP117's title/synopsis and freaked out thinking that Team Rocket's disbanding for good in that episode...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you could argue that it negated Jessie and James being friends as teens when they were trying to get into PokeTech and when they were members of the Sunny Town bike gang. But I don't think they actually said something in the Hoso that confirmed or negated their previous friendship...

Even if they contradict what was said in the past it doesn't matter- it's all part of the show and that's it... there's no "canon / no canon"
And anyway we got a flashback to that TR chronicles episode in a "regular" episode so here... it's "canon"

Ok. So I was expecting a TR episode sometime soon. Even though it does sound like the BF ep, I have a feeling that there'll be something different/more interesting about this one.

I'm disappointed, but I thought the Croagunk episode would suck, which it most certainly didn't. I agree that this isn't anything new to get excited over. The only way to differentiate this episode would be a Tangela cap.

I don't see much reason for the negativity. Brock may be neglected too much but Team Rocket need love too.

Considering Team Rocket still gets incredible screen time even in episodes that don't revolve around it, makes that untrue. Hell Carnivine learned vine whip in the Iron Island episodes. And Team Rocket had some decent screen time in the Phione episode. They aren't suffering, they technically don't even need episodes focusing on them at all, because when they do that, it's just another reason to not focus on someone who does need it.

From the summary, it's not going to be a complete ripoff of the BF episode either. The only tired idea here is more Team Rocket backstory that probably manages to contradict what we knew about them before.That was a Pokémon seperation episode - the true overused plotline in the series. A breakup is more of a conscious decision, probably involving one of them wanting to stay at the ramen shop.

Okay maybe someone changing their ways and becoming a food shop owner is slightly different. But again if it adds nothing of value then "Oh it's that one guy, who used to be a Team Rocket member but isn't now" then what's the real point of the episode?

And I originally knew the title as "Dispersion" which isn't exactly the same as "Break up" and like I said (I think I said it in this thread, well I'll add more detail regardless)

Translated words are fickle. Because they're can be very similar words (that basically mean the same thing) but their core definition could be different thus changing the context.

But even so, like I said, unless Jessie wins a ribbon, I don't see the worth of this episode. And while Team Rocket episodes are fun, they really aren't needed.

And of course someone has to come on and tell me all about the episodes that aren't really needed.

You don't care much for Team Rocket, am I right?

Well, I care, and I think they're much more interesting than Brock. If they get more episodes than Brock, then maybe it's because people think they're interesting? Ever thought about that?

I don't think that every episode should contribute to the plot in a series like Pokemon. There's nothing wrong with character-focused episodes or humorous episodes that are just filler. As long as they're fun to watch, who cares about anything else?

What if this underclassman tells them TR the organization has disbanded? That would be something different. :\

That seems like something they'd save for the end, or at least the end of a series. I can't seem them doing something that major right before the 7th gym.

I'd be jumping up and down if they did do that though.

Takegami? Are they trying to give me a heart attack? <3

I figured as much when I read the episode description. I know I don't have to tell you this, but this is the same writer who wrote the Rocket Hoso episodes.

Been awhile since he/she gave us (and by us, I mean Rocketshippers) anything good, so I don't think you should get too excited yet.

I really do hope the idea of Musashi doing contests full time comes up. That's too obvious an idea too ignore.

I figured as much when I read the episode description. I know I don't have to tell you this, but this is the same writer who wrote the Rocket Hoso episodes.

I know! He also wrote some great TR episodes. You know, Pokémon Shipwreck, Holy Matrimony, Princess vs. Princess, Meowth Rules, Ignorance is Blissey, Control Freak, Crossing Paths... The fact that they finally gave him a TR episode to work with in Crossing Paths should've given me a clue. He didn't get any TR episode during AG other than the Hosos, so the fact that he got one recently is a great sign.

Of course, I'm not really looking forward to anything Rocketshippy. I've grown past that naive stage. I'm just hoping for that ultimately good and human Team Rocket that rather likes to pop up in his TR episodes.

They should just have Team Rocket become recurring rivals.

The only downfall would be no boss fantasies.

The only downfall would be no boss fantasies.

The end of the boss fantasies for good will be the best thing to happen to the anime in a long time.

Seriously I liked them at first, but now they're just doing them just for the hell of it.

It's like they feel Meowth has a borderline obsession with Giovanni now.

But at least they don't do it as often....

Anyways, I love how people say this is the BF episode just because of one word. Even though this summary makes NO mention of them splitting up or anything. People really need to freshen up on their vocabularly. I would be interested if this guy turned out to be Mondo or something and he's a recurring character.

It's a bit out there to suggest this random guy is going to say TR is disbanded in the middle of Sinnoh. I would perfer for this to be one of those occasions in which this guy is trying to run a scam and TR stops them(with no Moltress).lol.

What if this underclassman tells them TR the organization has disbanded? That would be something different. :\

This.

This is the first thing that came to my mind when I read the summary. While I really really hope that this doesn't happen (I'd like for TR to disband in a bigger way, not just 'oh by the way' mentioned in a random episode) I'm excited about the episode and about who the underclassman is.

I'm not going to get my hopes up, but let me just say that if it was Mondo, I would start watching the anime again.

I'm going to be pissed if it's Butch or Cassidy though. I love Butch or Cassidy, but I don't want to see one of them running a noodle shop. I hope they wouldn't be that uncreative, either.

What do the other summaries say?

Other than that, just another TR filler. goodie.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom