• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP117 Title and summaries for 114-117

Kairyu

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Reaction score
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1959/scanloljc0.jpg

Summaries for 114-117
I can't make anything out from the summaries,, need someone to translate.

DP117 Title: Team Rocket Dispersion?! (cp'd from sppf ^^)

DP117's title is disappointing if you ask me. Another filler and another TR episode. I know, TR episodes can be good sometimes but i still find it disappointing..

I'm certainly looking forward for an episode with TR. Then again, I probably won't watch it until it's dubbed, so it will take a long time.

But still, I hope they don't make too much fillers. They really should get to Snowpoint soon.

I'm going to be a little bit more descriptive here, as I explain why I'm already hating this Team Rocket Episode.

Assume for a moment, that Jessie doesn't get a ribbon (which in my eyes, is the only way this episode would redeem itself).

I think it's a bit unfair that Team Rocket who has a lot of screen time, would get another focal episode so soon, and yet Brock hasn't done anything since the Croagunk Festival. I highly doubt the fillers we know of will have Brock be the focus, even if he takes a more active role in the episode, we need an episode title revolving around Brock in order for me to change my mind. And yes I don't count the Pachirisu episode, since Brock wasn't the focus of the episode.

Secondly, we don't need another episode about Team Rocket getting separated or any other synonym with a totally different meaning in accordance with the episode. As if the Canalave separation episode wasn't enough. Oh I suppose technically it was Meowth that was separated but still, I don't see why this episode would be interesting at all.

Like I said, the only way the Team Rocket episode redeems itself is if Jessie gets another contest ribbon. I don't care if it's funny or touching, I'm still not liking it.

Having said that, I would laugh if someone mistranslated it, and I got upset over nothing.

I have a feeling this episode isn't going to be just the trio getting seperated from each other and reuniting at the very end of the ep. There might be something more than that here.

When did Team Rocket episodes become "disappointing"? I've been waiting for this kind of episode since... what was the last Rocket-focused one? It was so long ago I forgot. XP I'm kind of excited, to be honest.

If this ep has a different plot than previous TR-episodes, then its all good.

"The Rocket-Dan's Breakup!?"
The three members of the Rocket-Dan attack Satoshi and his friends in yet another attempt to capture Pikachu. The trio is blasted away by their target and, physically and emotionally drained, lands at a ramen shop. There, Musashi and Kojirou are surprised when they discover that the shop owner was one of their underclassmen from their days at the Rocket-Dan training facility.

So this is what I instantly thought about when I read the word "underclassman"...

The three members of the Rocket-Dan attack Satoshi and his friends in yet another attempt to capture Pikachu. The trio is blasted away by their target and, physically and emotionally drained, lands at a ramen shop. There, Musashi and Kojirou are surprised when they discover that the shop owner was one of their underclassmen from their days at the Rocket-Dan training facility.

So this is what I instantly thought about when I read the word "underclassman"...
That title, that discription... Does that sound an awful lot like "Team Rocket's Disbandment!?/Ole Berate and Switch" to anyone else?

So, no Suzuna in Yukimenoko episode. Knew it. And they're not even in Kissaki yet. Bad writers. Will they ever end the DP Saga?

Underclassman? I'm wondering who would he be... Sure Mondo would be awesome, but I don't think they'll reference that old CD Drama. He/she would be probably a character we've never seen before.

Last edited:
Would be great if Mondo actually appears. Not that he's interesting or anything.

Wow, they're rehashing episodes from Battle Frontier now.

Did we really need to see this again?

Well, that fully proves the Torkoal-evo 'scan' to be fake.

I don't see much reason for the negativity. Brock may be neglected too much but Team Rocket need love too. From the summary, it's not going to be a complete ripoff of the BF episode either. The only tired idea here is more Team Rocket backstory that probably manages to contradict what we knew about them before.
Secondly, we don't need another episode about Team Rocket getting separated or any other synonym with a totally different meaning in accordance with the episode. As if the Canalave separation episode wasn't enough. Oh I suppose technically it was Meowth that was separated but still, I don't see why this episode would be interesting at all.
That was a Pokémon seperation episode - the true overused plotline in the series. A breakup is more of a conscious decision, probably involving one of them wanting to stay at the ramen shop.

That title, that discription... Does that sound an awful lot like "Team Rocket's Disbandment!?/Ole Berate and Switch" to anyone else?

This has got to be at least the third time the plot has been redone. What a disappointment... and especially now when we have to at least cover Snowpoint Gym and the lakes by July.

Vinny: people have known that was fake for over a month :/

First of all, I'm glad the pattern of a Rocket-Dan episode every 20 or so episodes remains intact.

Secondly, I'm disappointed the title is almost exactly the same as that Battle Frontier episode. Like others said, why are they breaking up again? I was hoping if we had another one of these episodes it would be because Musashi was leaving to be a Coordinator on her own. But, we still may get that type of episode 20 or so episodes from now.

And lastly, I think this could be a really good episode. My only problem with the Battle Frontier one was that Nyasu resolved the fight between Musashi and Kojiro, and the whole thing felt rushed. It's like the writers went "Oops! We're almost out of time! Um...let's have Nyasu find some cookie that gets them to remember how much they care about each other!" If they can fix the pacing problem (and hopefully leave Satoshi-tachi to a minimum) this could be a really good episode.

Diamond and Pearl has given more Rocket episodes than any of series, and they've all been very good, so I'm willing to give this the benefit of the doubt.

And if it is Mondo this episode is epic no matter what happens.

I'm sorta disappointed too.

I love Team Rocket, I'm happy the writers haven't forgotten them, but can't they give us some different stories?

(and hopefully leave Satoshi-tachi to a minimum)

I noticed that in DP all the Rocket episodes actually insist to have the twerps be active in them too... for example compare the Arbok/Weezing episode to the Cacnea or Dustox episodes... so I doubt this will change now

Now that I've thought about it for a few minutes, I don't think this episode will be similar to the Battle Frontier one at all.

Reading the summery a few time, I'm thinking that the three of them quit the Rocket-Dan. Possibly because once they see how successful their fellow classmate is, they figure they can have a better life than chasing some 10 year old boy around. That sounds like the kind of plot people have been asking for for years. It would also prove to some people that they'll always stick together.

I don't think this episode will be the rehash some people think it will be.

Yeah the summary doesn't sound like that BF episode at all... not to mention that BF episode was like more than 100 episodes ago so it's not THAT bad even if they're similar

What if this underclassman tells them TR the organization has disbanded? That would be something different. :\

Okay, this? This sounds potentially different and really, really cool. I see flashbacks and good Rocketty friendshippy moments in my future!

I will not dance, even though I really want to.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom