• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP121: The Lonely Yukikaburi! / DP122: Evolution! This Time for Pochama!?

Re: DP 121-122 "The Lonely Yukikaburi!" & "Evolution! This Time for Pochama!?" Previe

Looked to me like the Poison Jab montage was from previous episodes. It was a clip show after all. There had just been segments about Ash and Dawn and their Pokemon, so that was simply a segment about Brock and his Pokemon, giving most of the screentime to Croagunk for obvious reasons.

But it was in widescreen. It must be something from this week.

Re: DP 121-122 "The Lonely Yukikaburi!" & "Evolution! This Time for Pochama!?" Previe

This Snover, should it become a reoccuring character, shall be dubbed "Douglas".

It is an awesome name for this Pokémon.

Really, we've had our fair share of reoccurring pokemon, especially Jigglypuff who hasn't been seen for over 5 and a half years.
And I doubt Snover would be a reoccurring character, since it has all of those little kids.

Has anyone noticed Chimchar's Flamethrower in the new episodes, how it looks like a stream of fire as opposed to a flamethrower. Call it wishful thinking but could that indicate Chimchar's evolving really soon. I mean at first it thought it was a new move, but I don't know any fire moves that would look like a stream.

You can see this stream of fire in the Candice Gym Episode preview in DP120. The flame looks a little weird. I'm sure its not the animation director, because why would that animation director suddenly animate it like this. The only way it could be an animation director is if it's a new one but I'm sure whoever animated the Snover episode (which is where it occurs for the first time, I believe) won't animate the Candice battle.

This Snover, should it become a reoccuring character, shall be dubbed "Douglas".

It is an awesome name for this Pokémon.

Or Phillip.
Either way I agree.

Has anyone noticed Chimchar's Flamethrower in the new episodes, how it looks like a stream of fire as opposed to a flamethrower.

Pardon my ignorance, but hasn't it always been a stream of fire? (Or have I just not looked properly? ;-))

Pardon my ignorance, but hasn't it always been a stream of fire? (Or have I just not looked properly? ;-))

I thought Chimchar's Flamethrower always looked like....oh man this is really hard to explain. I suppose I can say is Chimchar's streamed flamethrower looks like it's coming from water bottle set to stream but I always thought Chimchar's flamethrower looked more like a huge spray of flames.

Has anyone noticed Chimchar's Flamethrower in the new episodes, how it looks like a stream of fire as opposed to a flamethrower. Call it wishful thinking but could that indicate Chimchar's evolving really soon. I mean at first it thought it was a new move, but I don't know any fire moves that would look like a stream.

You can see this stream of fire in the Candice Gym Episode preview in DP120. The flame looks a little weird. I'm sure its not the animation director, because why would that animation director suddenly animate it like this. The only way it could be an animation director is if it's a new one but I'm sure whoever animated the Snover episode (which is where it occurs for the first time, I believe) won't animate the Candice battle.

It's just the animation director being lazy. Not a new move or anything..

And FYI, the animation director doing the Snover episode is the same one who's doing the Candice battle, Kunihiko Natsume. So that adds to it.

BTW, did we get any new scenes in Pokemon Sunday?

It's just the animation director being lazy. Not a new move or anything..

And FYI, the animation director doing the Snover episode is the same one who's doing the Candice battle, Kunihiko Natsume. So that adds to it.

I was basing it on the idea that Chimchar's power got weaker because evolution is imminent, in sort of an "eye of the storm" kind of deal (if I have right analogy that is).

And really is it confirmed? Because we really don't have an episode number for the Candice battle, so are you basing it on the animation itself or actual confirmation? Because as far as I know people were still guessing about the Ping Pong episode which takes place before the Candice battle.

I think we're only confirmed up until Pochama-doesn't-evolve ep.

And really is it confirmed? Because we really don't have an episode number for the Candice battle, so are you basing it on the animation itself or actual confirmation? Because as far as I know people were still guessing about the Ping Pong episode which takes place before the Candice battle.
It isn't officially confirmed but it is still competely obvious judging from the art in the episode. Natsume has a very special way of drawing Ash and Chimchar, so yeah, very easy to see it's Natsume (and Natsume is confirmed to animate the Snover ep.)

BTW, did we get any new scenes in Pokemon Sunday?

Not unless you count Hikari holding Pochama above her head at night with sparkly things flying around. (Water maybe? I don't remember anymore.)

I was basing it on the idea that Chimchar's power got weaker because evolution is imminent, in sort of an "eye of the storm" kind of deal (if I have right analogy that is).

Nah, Chimchar could just be tired from battling for a long time making its flame weaker.

Either way, it's pretty obvious that Chimchar's going to evolve any time now.

Where to see the episode preview?

^ Youtube...where else? Just search "Pokemon dp episode [insert ep # here] preview"

First screenshots

It's adorable!

And yes, Instead of watching the show like a normal fan, I'm taking some caps for you guys

sorry they're cropped, keyhole tv is 4:3

Kengo and Jun are, as Jun kindly pointed out in plain english, 'best friends'. That's all kinds of awesome.

Chimchar and Grotle are out of their pokepoll,great!

Snover's green glow is attack or what? Wood hammer?!

what is Grotle's new move?

Kengo and Jun are, as Jun kindly pointed out in plain english, 'best friends'. That's all kinds of awesome.

make sense, they are from the same town. I must watch those two episodes.

Last edited:

Cool, there is a scene mirroring Hikari´s first adventure with Pochama and an Ariados.

Jun is awesome again...

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom