• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP121: The Lonely Yukikaburi! / DP122: Evolution! This Time for Pochama!?

Re: DP 121-122 "The Lonely Yukikaburi!" & "Evolution! This Time for Pochama!?" Previe

Can I just note that it was great to hear Oracion again, even if it was only the first few bars.

What is the point of having a tent set up if everyone is sleeping outside?

Wow, I see Hikari magically transformed from her PJs into her regular clothes during Team Rocket's motto. Either she changed right in front of them or the tent was put to good use. But why would you waste time changing when you have a Pokemon to save?

Wow, Together! When was the last time we heard that?

This really felt like a capture episode.

Last edited:
Re: DP 121-122 "The Lonely Yukikaburi!" & "Evolution! This Time for Pochama!?" Previe

Oh. Ho. Ho. Ho. Ho...!! Katakana (deformed, but it's katakana all the same!) and it almost legibly reads "Pokemon Ping Pong!!!" :-D

Awesome eps which I will write about once I finish my katakana celebrations ;-)

Oh. Ho. Ho. Ho. Ho...!! Katakana (deformed, but it's katakana all the same!) and it almost legibly reads "Pokemon Ping Pong!!!" :-D

Awesome eps which I will write about once I finish my katakana celebrations ;-)

I know! I almost freaked my freak when I saw that! The return of Japanese characters in the anime!? :D

Im watcing it now. Holy crap the HD makes a difference.

(Part of its Pokedex entery in Pearl)

I really loved that they included that. Though it's pretty hilarious how the berries (they looked more like acorns to me) can come and go. Hopefully we'll see that again.

Does anyone else hate the new To Be Continued font? It's too small and doesn't even have the ... after it. What was the point in changing it?

It really sucks for PUSA that all these changes are happening in the middle of season 12.

Real sucky. Anyway lol i love the Jun and Kengo one. He sounds really cool. I never actually hear his voice as the speakers just got to work. But man piplup not evoling although known the glowing all the time was annoying. I also love how the hell tem rocket has enough money to by such a damn cool robot but none for food.

Now that my celebration of the return of katakana is somewhat more subdued, I can say my thoughts on the actual eps :p

I LOVED Yukibaburi, it was so cute! And I never really realised how great Hayashigame is until this ep either. I hope this new attack (a HM?! What does it do in game?) isn't used as a cheap solution to its speed problems though.

As for 122, Jun TOTALLY made it for me. God I love that boy. And it also reinforced why, despite its needless overexposure, I like Pochama. I was pleased to see Nyasu be happy at its non-evo choice.

I wish I could watch them widescreen :-( But all the same, I thought Natsume did a good job, and Shimura a rather mediocre one - what a shame really. And it was damn strange to hear Together!

This episode made me love Hayashigame. He was just epic! And I even like Pochama more now, weird.

Wut, the "To be continued" changed? After 12 years? :eek: Pic please. And katakana = yay! They realised that PUSA won't bother painting over them.

newtbc.jpg

It looks like a PUSA edit.

Whoa... that is really ugly. Not that the old was pretty, but atleast it was in caps lock and was there since the first episode.

:eek: What have they DONE!? :-( Guys, I know you've gone HD, but that is just dumb! Bring the old one back!!!

Can we bring the old format back while we're at it...?

I actually like the new look, the TBC font is ugly, but everything else is decent. Maybe if people make a big enough fuss, they'll animate the show so it actually looks better in HD.

Alternatively, sacking Takeda would probably do the trick ;-) But yeah, I don't have particularly high hopes for actual animation quality increasing much, though I'd like to see what Iwane/Hirooka/Tamagawa(oh if only!) will make of the extra room.

Jun was freakin' awesome, as usual, but everytime there's a new appearance of him that increases by an order of magnitude. Jun with an arm around Kenny's shoulder made it look more like a bromance going on. I like. I also liked it when he was pushing Ash, Brock, etc. about the ping-pong tourney. Man, that kid is nuts. I love it what they did to him in Platinum. And his Empoleon too...one thing I didn't like is when it got caught along with Kenny's Prinplup. Couldn't it put up a decent fight? Unless it's as goofy as its trainer is. :p

The switch to HD gives a slight difference to me. I can't really tell the difference side by side. And the Piplup "evolving" part made me cringe a lot. I know it's a tribute to Bulbasaur's, but it got annoying at the end. Oh, one more comment. Ash and co. looked unusually taller in the Snover episode.

I liked the ending to the second one where Dawn was facing off Kenny. Can't wait to see more of Jun and his "relationship" with Kenny. XP

Jun was freakin' awesome, as usual, but everytime there's a new appearance of him that increases by an order of magnitude. Jun with an arm around Kenny's shoulder made it look more like a bromance going on. I like. I also liked it when he was pushing Ash, Brock, etc. about the ping-pong tourney. Man, that kid is nuts. I love it what they did to him in Platinum. And his Empoleon too...one thing I didn't like is when it got caught along with Kenny's Prinplup. Couldn't it put up a decent fight? Unless it's as goofy as its trainer is. :p

The switch to HD gives a slight difference to me. I can't really tell the difference side by side. And the Piplup "evolving" part made me cringe a lot. I know it's a tribute to Bulbasaur's, but it got annoying at the end. Oh, one more comment. Ash and co. looked unusually taller in the Snover episode.

I liked the ending to the second one where Dawn was facing off Kenny. Can't wait to see more of Jun and his "relationship" with Kenny. XP

so do you guys think piplup is EVER going to evolve or will he be like ash's bulbasaur and pretty much refuse to do it ever?

Oh yeah, weren't there an assumed pic of an Everstone in a magazine scan? Was it just the Ice Candy of Yukikaburi?

I dunno, before I was thinking when Dawn appears in Gen. V it'll be a Prinplup, but now I think it'll stay a Piplup.

I dunno, before I was thinking when Dawn appears in Gen. V it'll be a Prinplup, but now I think it'll stay a Piplup.

Yea, i think im starting to agree.

Oh my gosh, new eyecatch!

I havent watched the raw eps for a while, thats probably been there....

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom