• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP121: The Lonely Yukikaburi! / DP122: Evolution! This Time for Pochama!?

Re: DP 121-122 "The Lonely Yukikaburi!" & "Evolution! This Time for Pochama!?" Previe

so do you guys think piplup is EVER going to evolve or will he be like ash's bulbasaur and pretty much refuse to do it ever?

I think it will evolve eventually but not for a long time. The reason Piplup didn't evolve now is because it was afraid it would become Mamoswine v2 as Prinplup and it didn't want to make Dawn put up with that again.

An Everstone is only a temporary solution, so I bet it'll be Prinplup at the end of DP, or by the time Dawn has her gen V cameo.

Re: DP 121-122 "The Lonely Yukikaburi!" & "Evolution! This Time for Pochama!?" Previe

THE NEW ENDING IS SO CUTE!!!!!!!

oh my gosh, just way to adorable. It kinda confirms no evo for Piplup though, even with this whole everstone thing.

An Everstone is only a temporary solution, so I bet it'll be Prinplup at the end of DP, or by the time Dawn has her gen V cameo.

I hope it ends up evolving before Gen V begins, so it can be an Empoleon like when Dawn makes an her cameo. I highly doubt it though, at least it won't be a Piplup forever.(Or not?)

I have yet to watch this episode, but Jun and Kengo being best friends ghei for eachother? xDD Man, that's hilarious. Jun and Kengo alone appearing for a few episodes was already sweet.

About the new ending, it's..weird and random, but I like it. Notched Pichu is adorable in it<3

Any new Movie 12 stuff?

Does anyone else really really really really love the new ending? I don't know if it's just the novelty of granting an ending to a movie Pokémon and a giveaway Pokémon, but I'm digging it. <3

I ADORE the new ending.
Gizamimi Pichu and Pikachu-colored Pichu are toooooo freakingggg cute aaghahfahg <33333333

In other news, Jun is aweso- OH WAIT, WE ALREADY KNEW THAT.
He needs his own series, like, now.
Haha "We look like brothers!" oh my god.
<333 him.

Dawn breaking into the TR mecha was actually pretty interesting. Have we ever seen that before with Ash?

Oh boy, the writers sure do love Piplup, don't they? The scene at the end with the sparkles and Dawn holding Piplup in the air and swinging around with it was really something, I'm convinced it'll stay like this forever, even after Dawn leaves the series and makes a 5th gen cameo.

Re-using DP1 stuff was pretty funny too with the Ariados, I thought.

Good episode. I like that everytime Jun re-appears he sticks around for the next episode.

Dawn breaking into the TR mecha was actually pretty interesting. Have we ever seen that before with Ash?

Hikari did the same thing in the episode where she captured Urimoo. Satoshi tried it as well but fell off. :p

It seems Dawn is quite successful at breaking into the TR mechas. This is her second time, no?

I have to say everything speeds up with Jun around. His character has made the episode go twice as fast.

Piplup is gonna to evolve only if someone beats it really hard. Because Dawn is a coordinator I don't see it is going to happen. If she was a trainer who spedialized in battles and for example Paul demolished her Piplup would evolve

I just hate Pilpup

It seems Dawn is quite successful at breaking into the TR mechas. This is her second time, no?

I have to say everything speeds up with Jun around. His character has made the episode go twice as fast.
When Jun is around you know that you would get a gym battle soon cause he would take them up or down or wherever really close to the gym. In this case i expect snowpoint to start around 126.

I want to watch the last part of 122 ;-;
The HD at first didn't seem to me like a huge change but compared to previous episodes you can see how improved it is

Both episodes were great! Snover was funny and Grotle got some "development" and a new attack too (but I don't like how all of a sudden it can be fast)
I liked how they showed that little Pokémon eat from Grotle's... beeries? whatever that was (and all of a sudden Grotle grew it... interesting if it'll continue to have these sometimes)
And once again they use Kricketot as a background Pokémon... they're so stupid for not letting Kricketot have a real appearance after more than 120 episodes

The Piplup episode was just amazing
People were stupids as always and quickly decided this episode is "remake" of Pikachu/Raichu but it SO not even similar... except the fact Pip didn't want to evolve (only Pika is allowed that?)
If I understood correct Meowth's translation of Piplup (and anyone with better Japanese knowledge is welcome to correct me) Piplup doesn't want to evolve because since the first day it met Dawn it protected her as a Piplup and it wants to continue protect her as a Piplup... I love my Pip even more now! ^__^
Oh and remember Piplup's control of its Whirlpool in the Mamo episode? notice how now in this episode Pip just shined and made a quick Whirlpool? did this ever happen before? if not, maybe they're trying to show Pip is getting stronger or something
Jun and Kenny being best friends is amazing... Jun running into Ash making Ash's hat fly and then go down directly back to Ash's head was funny
And we got build up for the ping pong... looks like Jun will force everyone to compete XD

The Pichu ED is just amazing! I don't know how anyone can not like it XD
It's crazy how I like Pichu even more now!
I SO laughed at the Buneary scene! it looks like Bunny is trying to FIX Pichu XD and then its ear change back to how it was XD
Now I really want these Pichu to appear in the show but I know it won't happen... Go away stupid legendaries! I want movie 12 to be about the two Pichu and the Johto starters!

Now someone give me last part of 122 ;-;
I want to see what happens with the Everstone!

I LOVE the new ending! :-D Probably a big reason being my relief to see the back of Ashita wa Kitto, but it's a cut song anyway.

So even though Jun and Kengo just met they're already best friends (lol Just when you thought Jun couldn't be anymore awesome.) and because they're from the same town that makes them like siblings...

That ship didn't last very long.

I like the Lonely Snover/Yukikaburi (OMG DUB MATCHES JAPANESE NAME SAY WHAT?) because.... FROSLASS

Did you look through the archive for a 15 month old thread to say that?

Nope, just came across this one when I was looking through, I wasn't trying to find it on purpose, I saw it and was like hey, thats The Lonely Snover in Japanese.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom