• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP124: Pokémon Ping Pong Tournament! Eteboth Does Her Best!!

So in other words, yes. We have to have the fact that Monster Balls are exchanged along with the pokemon whenever any trade takes place shoved into our faces.

Great :rolleyes:

It was the early 2000s and the writers handled things differently back then?

Also, good job avoiding my question by asking me a question in return.

And I don't see what's wrong with assuming that Hikari gave the Monster Ball to Ou.

And again, none of this even matters. Eteboth is gone either way. If the writers want the pokemon to come back bad enough, they'll find a way for it to come back regardless of who's in possession of the Monster Ball.
Dogasu besides Piplups addiction to balls(pokeballs mind you yeh dirty minded fiends!) I only want dawn to have it cause i really want them to return to kanto for a bit before they go to Johto to show off the region cause I want gs remakes. And that is al.. :drool:

What's wrong with that? Ambi did what Dawn asked it to do: It gave Dawn back the Pokéball and kept to PP ball to let her know it chose PPP over Contests
And then, Dawn could give Ambi's ball (whether the ball used as a symbol was Ambi's or not) or she could just keep it - we can't know and both cases can be logical
How can you be arguing both sides of the argument?

There's no such a thing as "Contest Ball"... that was a regular Pokéball inside a Ball Capsule... if Dawn gave Ou Ambi's ball she probably just took it out of the capsule...
Also, even if she were to give it with the BC (which I doubt since I guess she only have two of these and will need them both for the GF) it could possibly just be so Ambi can continue enjoy these effects that it probably still likes

But again, if Dawn gave Ou the ball she probably just took it out of the capsule - if that was even Ambi's ball)

Ou wanted Ambipom, I really don't see how hard it is to believe that. I don't think Ou really gave a damn about Ambipom's Poke ball. If you watch the episode, every Ping Pong Pokemon Player is outside their Poke ball. Ambipom does not need a Poke ball to play Ping Pong. The only reason for it would be if Ou uses Ambipom in other things. Would in case would be moot because Ash's Pikachu is outside it's Poke ball constantly.

What is the purpose of the Poke ball to Ou? See with Dawn it was so there aren't like 50 Pokemon walking town to town. But Ou had a bus and he had a training center. And Ambipom is only one Pokemon, Poke ball isn't important.

Pokemon need Pokeballs to be transferred
I don't think so, does anyone remember Team Rocket switching regular Pokemon inside Poke balls with empty ones. May's Bulbasaur meets Ash's Bulbasaur. Anyway is it so hard for Dawn to put her empty Ambipom Poke ball in the transfer system. Send it to Vermillon's Poke Center transfer computer. Ou recalls Ambipom and then transfers Ambipom to Dawn.

Hey a member of PC just noted this and I wonder how this slipped. On this episode the flower colors change and the Shiny Pichu now has sparkles. If they can do this they can at least change the opening without Ambi right?

Hey a member of PC just noted this and I wonder how this slipped. On this episode the flower colors change and the Shiny Pichu now has sparkles. If they can do this they can at least change the opening without Ambi right?

Hey! I noticed that too! I just assumed it was there before and I fotgot or didn't notice...
Next time I'll say things like that even if I'm not sure... I think I read today at Serebii that some people noticed little changes in the OP too that made the OP seem to have more place in some shots with the groups' Poké (they compared this episode DP124 to previous DP123 - so no, it couldn't look like this because of the change to HD since both of these are HD)
But I didn't notice that in the OP myself so I'm not sure

About the ball thing, let's just drop it

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought anything Pichu was in the ending. How is comparing the OP really going to show a difference about something that happens in the ending. Of course I realize it could be a poor choice of words, so I apologize if that's the case.

The anime is just a big cycle, Dawn's already had the whole 'Pokemon wont obey her' drama the same as Ash had with Charizard, now they've done the same thing they did with Primeape with Ambipom, except as everyone agrees there was a lot of flaws in the first series with releases and such so they're putting it right.

Pidgeot: Pidgeotto finally evolves and then Ash releases it, this time round they finally give us a strong fully evolved bird type for Ash to do some damage with, strong suspicion that he won't release this one.

Charizard: They gave us Charizard straight away, cos to be fair Charizard just looks cool, but this time round they're taking the pace with Chimchar, it'll evolve, everyone who's seen that poster know it will.

Primeape: So yeah Primeape just dissapears for good yeah? Well, Dawn's still got Ambipom's ball so she quite possibly might get it back, who knows how long for. They've given her more space in her party for new types, and seeing as Lopunny can use fire attacks, if we get a Buneary evolution then Dawn will have the elements of Ice, Fire, Water and Thunder, so we might get to see a grass type soon, that would be good, maybe Chikorita?

Besides, with no Ambi, we'll get to see some Mamoswine action at the next contest for sure

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom