• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP130: Denryu Train! Enter Handsome!!

Re: DP 130 "The Denryu Train! Enter Handsome!!" Preview Thread

We all forgot this guy who animated this episode is new. So if you think Handsome looks old blame it on the n00b! *shot*

Handsome looks really strange.

Yeah, I agree. He looks really off for some reason.

But it's Handsome, so it's going to be awesome nontheless!
Hopefully we'll get a segment with Handsome Yamamoto in place of the Okido segment at the end - they DID tell us to look out for Pokemon Sunday cameos.

I think Happiny will evolve in this episode. It's the only reason it's out so much this episode.

It won't evolve - it's still Happiny in the movie...
Maybe it'll get its first battle that was supposed to be in DP 125

Whoa was that handsome at the end talking with such a calm voice? And what Pokemon is screeching its name? I hear paku paku. Or is it pichu? PICHU?! *add scary question music*
It's Takeshi, and PinPUKU ;-)

LOL @ Handsome, the Doctor! :p He does look like it, doesn't he?

This episode looks fantastic.
I am wondering what Looker's English voice sounds like.
Knowing Pokemon of America they will probably mess it up.

Oooh. Usokki is using some generic glowing arm attack in the preview.. Maybe it finally learned Hammer Arm.:D
Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how Looker acts since I've never played the games and everyone who has seems to like him.

i agree dashing fox i think mr sudowoodo is learning wood hammer or sucker punch

This ep seems pretty standard fare, can't say I'm expecting too much out of this one. Especially given its right in the middle of Brandon/Regigigas and the upcoming Ash/Paul battle.

This ep seems pretty standard fare, can't say I'm expecting too much out of this one. Especially given its right in the middle of Brandon/Regigigas and the upcoming Ash/Paul battle.

I'm SO going to like this episode MUCH more than the Regigigas episode
I'll never understand what's so good about the serious stuff
Give me happy/funny and it's great, don't care about evil teams or an episode is "filler" or not
I'm sure Looker will be an entertaining character and I think we'll get some funny scenes with Pip/Pika/Happy/Amphy

I'm SO going to like this episode MUCH more than the Regigigas episode
I'll never understand what's so good about the serious stuff
Give me happy/funny and it's great, don't care about evil teams or an episode is "filler" or not
I'm sure Looker will be an entertaining character and I think we'll get some funny scenes with Pip/Pika/Happy/Amphy

More importantly, the main focus of the episode is an Ampharos, a Pokemon from Generation II. Usually these episodes would focus on a Gen IV pokemon. Guess the anime is likewise preparing for HGSS as well.
The J episode was "alright," but her debut apperances (DP020 and DP045) were much better episodes. Maybe it is because I have already established in my mind that J is already a Pokemon Hunter, and she can't possibly get any better... or worse, for that matter.

How is this a filler episode if it's introducing a character relevant to the Platinum plot? >_>
Obviously the focus on a gen2 pokemon makes it a filler. Seriously it is not filler. We will get looker who he is and if he is doing a case on galactic.

What makes you think Ampharmos is here to advertise HSGS? The writers always feature old Pokemon from time to time, what do you think the Electrike/Manectric filler in DP was about, it was a Hoenn Pokemon. They even brought back Deoxys for the third time.

What makes you think Ampharmos is here to advertise HSGS? The writers always feature old Pokemon from time to time, what do you think the Electrike/Manectric filler in DP was about, it was a Hoenn Pokemon. They even brought back Deoxys for the third time.

I clarified that "most" of the fillers in this arc were about Gen IV pokemon; I did not forget about the few episodes that featured a Gen I/III pokemon.
Honestly, they could have picked any pokemon they wanted. But there may very well be at least some correlation between a "filler" episode which stars a Gen II pokemon and the G/S remakes, especially after they were confirmed to come out later this year.

I already explained how extremely stupid the term "filler" is and that we shouldn't use it at all and instead always call an episode... "episode"... OMGWTF!

And don't bother with Scott, he lost his mind and went into a crazy MUST-HATE-JOHTO-MODE... hopefully he'll get over it in the near future, I seriosuly feel sad for him...
Really, I have my few crazy things like my "ASH/DAWN=EQUALS" but even if Dawn will leave I won't act like Scott is doing now with Johto, it became ridiculous and irritating
But I'll enjoy to laugh at his posts when we go back to Johto and the Johto starters are shown about as strong as all other teams (not that I say this is 100% to happen, but I believe it'd be this way)

The writers have featured a lot of Johto Pokemon on the cast, but they're all for the new DP evo's.

Aipom = Ambipom
Gligar = Gliscor
Swinub/Piloswine = Mamoswine
Bonsly = Sudowoodo (in reverse)
Yanma = Yanmega
Misdreavous = Mismagius (eventually)
Elekid/Electabuzz = Electrivire
Murkrow = Honchkrow

I think the only exception is Paul's Ursaring, who is a staple of his team but has no new DP counterpart.

The Johto starters in Movie 12 is the first real example of HGSS advertising, not anything else in the region prior.

Last edited:

The writers have featured a lot of Johto Pokemon on the cast, but they're all for the new DP evo's.

Aipom = Ambipom
Gligar = Gliscor
Swinub/Piloswine = Mamoswine
Bonsly = Sudowoodo (in reverse)
Yanma = Yanmega

Way to ignore the fact that Pokémon from gens 1/3 also got new evos but the ones chosen for the main cast were all gen 2
AG clearly focused on gens 1 & 3 - even before FRLG were announced
DP clearly focus on gens 2 & 4 - even before HGSS were announced

Way to ignore the fact that Pokémon from gens 1/3 also got new evos but the ones chosen for the main cast were all gen 2
AG clearly focused on gens 1 & 3 - even before FRLG were announced
DP clearly focus on gens 2 & 4 - even before HGSS were announced

I disagree with your AG comment. The only advertising of FR/LG as far as I know started with May's Bulbasaur which wasn't caught until 4 months after the games were released, I don't know how AG clearly focused on 1st gen (before FR/LG). And not to mention Brock actually brought Foretress with him to Hoenn which is a second gen Pokemon (as far as teams go, it really wasn't until Bulbasaur that 1st gen was focused on and like I said that came after the games were released).

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom