• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP130: Denryu Train! Enter Handsome!!

Re: DP 130 "The Denryu Train! Enter Handsome!!" Preview Thread

After the gen 3 Poké - which gen was the most showcased during AG in your opinion? I believe it was gen 1 even before FRLG
Correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't watch early Hoenn for years now, but I remember it was this way...

After the gen 3 Poké - which gen was the most showcased during AG in your opinion? I believe it was gen 1 even before FRLG
Correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't watch early Hoenn for years now, but I remember it was this way...
Early Hoenn had a lot of Johto if I remember correctly...but not as much as Sinnoh.

I was going to make a list but I should tell you Fire Red and Leaf Green were released before the eighteenth episode, and judging by primary Pokemon 15/18 episodes were definitely involved with 3rd gen Pokemon.

3 measly episodes isn't enough for your argument. And only 1/3 of those episodes definitely involved 1st gen (Weezing and Arbok), the other 2 I can't tell you.

I don't see that at all. The writers always put old Kanto and Johto Pokemon into random episodes. I think you're looking too deeply into this.

And look, Kenny has a Breloom, does that mean the writers are advertising Hoenn? Of course not, its just a random Pokemon they chose for him.

II think you're looking too deeply into this.

Funny to hear that from -you-

And look, Kenny has a Breloom, does that mean the writers are advertising Hoenn? Of course not, its just a random Pokemon they chose for him.

Kenny isn't a main character
Fact is, the only non gen 4 Poké the main characters got are gen 2 (yes, they evolve into gen 4 - but they could choose tne gen 1/3 ones that could evolve too)
Also, I didn't even talk about just the main characters but generally the Poké that appear the most
It's obvious gens 4/2 are the ones who appear the most in DP

More importantly, the main focus of the episode is an Ampharos, a Pokemon from Generation II. Usually these episodes would focus on a Gen IV pokemon. Guess the anime is likewise preparing for HGSS as well.
The J episode was "alright," but her debut apperances (DP020 and DP045) were much better episodes. Maybe it is because I have already established in my mind that J is already a Pokemon Hunter, and she can't possibly get any better... or worse, for that matter.

Well, what Generation IV Pokemon would it feature? It would have to be an Electric one if it's helping run a train.
Shinx-Luxio-Luxray -> all been seen before
Pachirisu -> Dawn
Electivire -> Seen with Gary and possibly will be seen with Paul.

One would think a FIRE type would be running a train. Unfortunately in Sinnoh that leaves us with even fewer choices.

One would think a FIRE type would be running a train. Unfortunately in Sinnoh that leaves us with even fewer choices.
Pokemon goes eco! Burning coal releases gas emmisions thus polluting the area. Since this is a perfect world its much better to have an animal give off its powers to run a train even if it kills it.

Yeah but wouldn't that apply if it was a steam engine? I'm sure the one in the episode is an electric locomotive.

DP130Preview_1.jpg

DP130Preview_2.jpg

Who could these people be? :p

Those eyes of his are just downright disturbing.

Those eyes of his are just downright disturbing.
Now that you mention it he looks like he wants to carve you up.

Oh man! I hope he is like Jacque Clouseau! LOL @ TR's disguise!

Oh man! I hope he is like Jacque Clouseau! LOL @ TR's disguise!
I know. Its like puttinf 2 terrorists behind bush and no one would notice. How the hell did they go on the train in the first place?

They disguised themselves as baggage? :p

All of their eyes are creepy in that pic

These seem to be all the new scenes from the Sunday preview:
snapshot20090531193717.jpg

snapshot20090531193728.jpg

snapshot20090531193808.jpg

And Pokémon Sunday's Handsome Yamamoto (that's how they call Yamamoto-taiin when he dresses up as Handsome) is going to appear in (or after?) DP130 apparently o_O
snapshot20090531193826.jpg

When they announced the upgrade to HD, they said a Sunday member will have an an appearance in the anime... maybe this is it? Maybe Yamamoto-taiin is the voice actor for Handsome?

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom