• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP130: Denryu Train! Enter Handsome!!

Wow, it was surprising to see Dawn send bunny of its ball directly on to a tree and the bunny jumped from a tree to tree! since when did it have that ability? nice addition to its character, hopefully they'll remember that
Sudo randomly wants to battle and pulls Hammer Arm out of nowhere
Pachi and Happiny didn't jump alone but were sent on Gliscor, similar to how DP39 they explained Pika and Pip sent these two on Staravia since they're the youngest
Pip continues to show its pride and stubborness and it was funny to see it embarassed that Happiny could do something it couldn't... it was also nice to see Happy's ridiculous strength again
We also once again saw how the writers like to let poor Pip to suffer but that's one of the things that makes it an entertaining character XD

I actually quite enjoyed this ep! Much more so than I did the previous 2. I forget how much I actually love Pocha when it spends long periods around Hikari. It needs to shine by itself to remind me! Also, I thought the dynamic between Pika/Pocha and Pinpuku was ADORABLE! It reminded me of Pika's protectiveness over Togepi, except that Puku is cute and absolutely un-annoying.

Also, I can't understand why people were bitching about the AD before. Sure, Handsome...well, he looks positively unhandsome. But otherwise, as with Mitchman, I see a lot of promise here folks! This was his first episode and it was (apart from not-Handsome) almost totally unjarring, something which is rare for me to find. This guy could be great...

where did you guys watch this episode? I usually watch it on youtube, but the users got banned. What is your source?

Look up and load Keyhole TV. It's a program that lets you watch live Japanese TV on your computer, and if the blurb I read about it is to be believed, it's sponsored by the Japanese government. 100% legal, and you won't get infracted for talking about it either.

I really like this episode a lot more than the Cherubi episode with Marilyn. I don't know why but that episode to me was kind of "meh" but this episode I'm actually looking forward to watching it a few times more even the dub. Maybe it was Happiny's character dynamic(?) with the rest of the group and while nothing really happened I still liked it.

Of course it could just be because of Ampharos one of my favorite electric Pokemon (tied with Luxray).

For a debut episode, Handsome was actually barely in the episode.

It felt more like another "Pokemon get lost" type of episode (which is what most of it was exactly), but I was kind of expecting him to be a bigger deal.

I'm sure he's in the upcoming Uxie ep though.

He's a detective. He should not reveal everything about himself, of course. Though Handsome was only given small appearances, that's what we should know for a while; and the episode is mostly filler. The "official" debut will likely happen in the Yuxie episode, however.

I though whatever Handsome did do was sufficiently funny/awesome anyway to warrant his lacking in the episode, and as everyone's said he'll be back in an official capacity come Yuxie and the Ginga Dan eps.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom