• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP131: Full Battle! Shinji VS Satoshi!! -Part 1-

Re: DP 131 "Full Battle! Shinji vs. Satoshi!! (Part One)" Preview Thread

Can people actually wait until BOTH episodes airs before we assume that Ash will lose. Where's the proof that that "manga scan" is legit? I don't see it.

Can people actually wait until BOTH episodes airs before we assume that Ash will lose. Where's the proof that that "manga scan" is legit? I don't see it.

The manga scan is the same one that spoiled Buneary's capture by Dawn a few years ago.

Hence it being legit.

Ash losing here is great, because I'd rather see Ash lose here than in the league where it counts.

The writers may actually be wrapping Paul's character up, if Ash beats Paul in the league he'll end up going the way of Gary.

Its possible Paul will be leaving the show after Sinnoh.

Has anyone mentioned that Ash's Chimchar may evolve in these two ep?

Has anyone mentioned that Ash's Chimchar may evolve in these two ep?

Yeah.

We've been discussing it for the past few pages. And it's about time, too.

The manga scan is the same one that spoiled Buneary's capture by Dawn a few years ago.

Hence it being legit.

Maybe, but we can't just say that it will end up being legit, either. Just because one manga scan confimed Buneary's capture doesn't mean that this would confirm that Ash was beaten easily by Paul, especially when you remember the 7th movie manga adaptation (Which, considering the huge amount of differences between it and the actual movie, I'm surprised that one can even call it an "adaptation".).

I can handle a really, REALLY close match, but I doubt that it would have Ash losing in a similar fashion to how Cynthia beat Paul, as well as how Brandon beat Paul, especially giving the nature of the battle (it encompassing two consecutive episodes, the first time a battle spanned more than one episodes in a consecutive manner since I think Ash's battle against Harrison in the Johto League).

Maybe, but we can't just say that it will end up being legit, either. Just because one manga scan confimed Buneary's capture doesn't mean that this would confirm that Ash was beaten easily by Paul, especially when you remember the 7th movie manga adaptation (Which, considering the huge amount of differences between it and the actual movie, I'm surprised that one can even call it an "adaptation".).

I can handle a really, REALLY close match, but I doubt that it would have Ash losing in a similar fashion to how Cynthia beat Paul, as well as how Brandon beat Paul, especially giving the nature of the battle (it encompassing two consecutive episodes, the first time a battle spanned more than one episodes in a consecutive manner since I think Ash's battle against Harrison in the Johto League).

Ash himself said he easily lost so it wasn't a narration so it could just be an exaggeration on Ash's part. Sort of like "I'm so hungry I can eat a horse" no narrator would say that unless to involve the reader, however this isn't the case.

I reall don't care about result of this match. It is not so important. It is just regular battle and that's all. The really important thing is that Chimi will evolve and that counts.

These episode manga are ALWAYS accurate so it's stupid to doubt them... all the BF and DP ones were very close if not IDENTICAL to the episodes...
I remember a few of these from BF like Tucker's ep and in DP we had Bunny's cpature, Dawn beating May in Wallace Cup, etc...

Scizorhands - only things I can make out of these: Uxie ep mention Monferno (if anyone still had doubts...) Tangrowth ep mention Dawn, Mamo and a Pokémon Contest (I -think- they're training for next Contest, not that this is actually a Contest) and for the last ep, whatever that competition everyone enter - it seems Ash/Dawn/Brock all enter (well, the title kind of made that obvious but sometimes Brock isn't participating despite the "everyone" in titles...)

...better call Sushi/Dogasu/someone who can read more than a few words XD

They've already been translated on a few other threads.

I already read several of them, but I'm mainly interested into DP131 and DP132. I didn't find these ones.

I already read several of them, but I'm mainly interested into DP131 and DP132. I didn't find these ones.

I'll help you out ^^.

DP 131: With the belief of being pokemon trainers, Ash and Paul will have a 6 on 6 full battle. The battle was thought to be a vigorous one; however, both trainers kept their cool and read the opponent's pokemon before making moves.

DP 132: Ash, who believes that bonding and trusting his pokemon is the most important thing, is facing against Paul, who believes that pokemon power is crucial. To prove that his belief is correct, Paul sent out his powerful pokemon Magmortar.

DP 133: While the pokemon in the previous battle were under treatment in the pokemon centre, in order to heal the seriously injured (!) Monferno, Brock goes to search for a berry.

DP 134: Aiming for the next pokemon contest, Dawn tries to encourage Mamoswine to battle, but to no avail. Mamoswine ran into the forest, and Dawn chases it anxiously.

DP 135: In a corner of a city, there is a popular programme called "pokemon hustle", and it is employing actors. Dawn is a fan of this programme, so she forces Ash and Brock to join the programme with her.

Hope this helps. Looks like Ash's Chimchar evolves, and gets seriously injured while losing the battle.

Sounds like Brock seeing Uxie is a given now based on that summary.

Heh, Mamoswine STILL doesn't obey Dawn? I thought that Aggron episode was "Charizard Chills" for Mamoswine, but I guess not.

DP 133: While the pokemon in the previous battle were under treatment in the pokemon centre, in order to heal the seriously injured (!) Monferno, Brock goes to search for a berry.

So it looks like I was sort of wrong, it looks as if the Team Rocket thing will happen after Brock gets the berry and sees Uxie. It is shocking that Monferno would be so injured that the Pokemon Center doesn't have the right berry.

Although I'm seriously wondering what will happen in DP 132 at the end, I can't think of any sort of transition between DP 132 and DP 133 that would explain why Ash's Pokemon are injured in the next episode. I know that it could take place right after but that's not what I mean. The only way it makes sense to me is if DP132 ends with Nurse Joy saying. "We don't have any "Sitrus Berries" everyone is shocked and it has the to be continued on it. Other than that how do they transition the episodes?

as i've said over at serebii and shall repeat here, depending on how badly Ash loses this battle, might dictate some things later down the line at the league.

well ash's pokemon are all hurt badly in intensive care especially monferno so I would think ash would beat Paul in the league.

O_O Was that Lucky who jabbed Takeshi? Lmao!

LOL both of them jabbed him? Wow. xD

Is it just be or does the Green hair dude look like he could be related to Aoi? xD

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom