• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP131: Full Battle! Shinji VS Satoshi!! -Part 1-

Re: DP 131 "Full Battle! Shinji vs. Satoshi!! (Part One)" Preview Thread

Lucky didn't touch Takeshi. You guys' lag must be really terrible or something o_O

- So Satoshi and his friends know about how Yuxie's supposed to be at the lake? Is that common knowledge or what?

- I love how Lucky looks pissed when Gureggru attacks its trainer.

- Look at that not-Japanese writing!

- Those moustaches are...interesting...

- Nice Shirona reference, Takeshi and Hikari.

- So let's rent out a big-ass hot air baloon with a built-in monitor *just* for a random, non-official battle between two trainers. Like...WTF?

- Musashi and Kojirou are wearing their disguises from the episode where we met Kojirou's fiance XD

- Haha...Sonansu's wearing the same disguise.

- Buoysel's called out to fight Dodaitoise but is recalled before it gets a chance to battle. So Glion's up first.

- Dodaitoise manages to pin Glion down and use Giga Drain, so Satoshi recalls his pokemon and calls out Mukuhawk.

- And Mukuhawk gets badly hit with Stone Edge. Dodaitoise is recalled, though, and Manyula comes out.

- So Takeshi tells Reiji that everyone put Pikachu was caught in Shin'ou and that he's been using them the whole way through the region.

- ...and Mukuhawk knocks Manyula out.

- Next up is Eleboo vs. Hayashigame. Eleboo uses Light Screen and is then recalled, being replaced by Donkarasu.

- Takeshi mentions the link between Naetle and Donkarasu.

- Now, Hayashigame's knocked out. Next is Pikachu vs. Booburn. To be continued!

Last edited:

Ash starts with buizel and Paul sends out torterra...thats just being mean!

Not really. It's the same thing any of us would do in the games.

Hah, I kinda hope that the episode would have ended in Booburn sending a Fire Blast towards Pikachu.

Good god, Booburn's... huge o_o

So the score's currently 1-1
Damn, if we didn't already know the outcome I would say this is pretty exciting.

Aww man, I missed the first half T_T

But the music is really something else in this ep! All my favourite BGMs! :-D I really enjoyed that which I saw of the battle as well.

TR's invisibility suits (last seen in...ep 48?!) are back :p I'm quite pleased about that.

It's starting to become a pretty intense battle. I like how varied some of the attacks Shinji's Pokémon have.

Not really. It's the same thing any of us would do in the games.

Ahhh in the games you can't do because your stuck with your lead before the fight starts. Anyway least this fight should finally teach Ash it's not all about being friends with your pokemon...some of it is about type matching!

Oh! (I just read Dogasu's summary) - so the battle proper didn't start till after the break? Great, I didn't miss any! :-D

I'm just shaking from excitement of the suspense of the battle, who's going to win and who's not going to win. Gliscor did pretty good nearly knocked out Torterra, and it was a lot stronger then when it first practice battled when Torterra was trying to show Grotle it's strategy.

Staraptor doesn't disappoint it took what looked like a stone edge (wasn't paying attention to the audio) almost fainted and managed to knock out Weavile, which really is sort of a shame since Weavile hasn't done all that much.

Honchkrow vs Grotle, I'm a bit peeved Grotle lost a bit more easily than when it evolved from a Turtwig. But I have to commend Paul's strategy, using Electabuzz's light screen was an impressive strategy.

So Satoshi and his friends know about how Yuxie's supposed to be at the lake? Is that common knowledge or what?

They know about Uxie and Lake Acuity, two ways, one from May and Zoey, and second from the Team Galactic Cyrus (debut) episode.

------

I also have to say it was awesome they were treating this fairly official. I mean what looked like a league official and a Screen with their Pokemon. Very impressive.

Those disguises are actually supposed to be the costumes the stagehands in kabuki plays wear.
Oh wow! Still doesn't explain how Musashi and Nyasu expected to not be seen, but still :p

Wow so they made this almost like a league battle? Great scot if they had satoshi win then I would assume no Shinji in the league.

Really great episode. Loved all the past references, and the battle itself was very intense. You knew as soon as Buizel was recalled this was going to be a serious battle. It already feels like the league. I can't image how awesome that battle will be.

- Musashi and Kojirou are wearing their disguises from the episode where we met Kojirou's fiance XD

What makes this even more awesome is that Guardie and Kojiro first aired exactly 11 years ago today. :-D

DP131_Outfits.jpg

So much for those being disguises anyone can see through. :lol:

What makes this even more awesome is that Guardie and Kojiro first aired exactly 11 years ago today. :-D
Oh wow! Happy anniversary #48! *goes off to celebrate*

Oh wow! Still doesn't explain how Musashi and Nyasu expected to not be seen, but still :p

Because wearing those costumes means you're not actually part of the play, and the audience is supposed to ignore you and pretend you're not there.

Because wearing those costumes means you're not actually part of the play, and the audience is supposed to ignore you and pretend you're not there.
No, no, I get the reasoning behind it, but it's still extraordinarily stupid xD No wonder Satoshi.co were weirded out.

DP131_Outfits.jpg

So much for those being disguises anyone can see through. :lol:

Oh my god, the picture is so funny and I can't believe it was brought back and from my favorite episodes.

And from the summary and pictures it looks so crazy and awesome. I say more once I seen the episode myself.

Not much happened in the first ep. Just a lot of battling without any proper conclusions. Looks like the second part is definitely going to be rushed.:/

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom