• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP132: Full Battle! Shinji VS Satoshi!! -Part 2-

Why would he have a "lesser team" brought in for anything? The idea that Paul used a poor team contradicts his entire character. Here you have a guy consistently searching for the Pokemon he deems as strong, even so much as throwing out those he feels are weak. So why, on such a big occasion, would he suddenly use anything less (for the gym battle, or the match with Brandon)? And the very fact that they were brought in implies that they were reserves more than anything.

Paul relies more on type advantage than anything else. Almost all the members on that team had some move that were super-effective against ice-types. That's the same reason why he didn't bring Torterra. He obviously wasn't expecting to go up against Brandon when he selected the team and easily could have added some newbies to prove their strength.

Again....bad writing.

Though...his ursaring is more inexperienced than his other mons....and he clearly raped half of Ash's team.

I would say "beligerently bludgeoned" fits more, considering how three of Ash's Pokèmon got thwacked out cold by Ursaring.

In fact, this seems kind of like how this guy I knew online felt Death Note was: Filled with such amazing "OMG, how did he figure that out" moments that, when you went back and looked over, didn't make as much sense as they seemed.

I would say "beligerently bludgeoned" fits more, considering how three of Ash's Pokèmon got thwacked out cold by Ursaring.

In fact, this seems kind of like how this guy I knew online felt Death Note was: Filled with such amazing "OMG, how did he figure that out" moments that, when you went back and looked over, didn't make as much sense as they seemed.

And in similar fashion, made the character seem much better than he truly is.

...........sounds like the guy that the fanbase is revering as god of the DP series at this point.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom