• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP135: Everybody Participate! Pokémon Hustle!!

Re: DP 135 "Everybody Participate! Pokémon Hustle!!" Preview Thread

Err... what do their finances have to do with anything?

And since when have they cared about what they have the authority to do?
Heh, true. Look at Hoenn; even though he was trying to get rid of them, Gio DID tell them to set up a Hoenn base. They try to do so -what, three times, one of which was taking over some kid's hideout- and spend 99% of their time stalking Ash. Now they have another "set up base" mission [wait..that IS what they told Gio, right? It's been awhile]...and they're completely ignoring it.
If I was Giovanni I would be trying to figure out if they're stupid and insubordinate or just plain stupid.

...Although, it occurs to me- one could argue being tasked with setting up Team Rocket's Sinnoh base [even if only because Gio was really confused] WOULD give them reason to believe they can recruit new members. It wouldn't be the biggest conclusion jump they've made.

And since when have they cared about their finances (obtaining new machines and TR balloons every episode)?
I kind of assume they're charging Team Rocket and are filing all the costs for balloons and mecha under the "Sinnoh Base" expense account.
...Gio WILL remember them when he checks the books. Or lordy, will he remember.:boom:

Hmm, it's remote at best, but I wonder if any of JJM's tests here will resemble the ones they went through at Rocket training camp obstacle course and hike. It would be a nice little continuity nod.
And it won't happen, but I'd love it if Ash and the others passed, and one of the trio [I'm thinking Meowth, since he already did with Pikachu] asked them to join Team Rocket.

Now they have another "set up base" mission [wait..that IS what they told Gio, right? It's been awhile]...

I think he said "Uh... go do your best" and didn't really asign them anything.

...Although, it occurs to me- one could argue being tasked with setting up Team Rocket's Sinnoh base [even if only because Gio was really confused] WOULD give them reason to believe they can recruit new members. It wouldn't be the biggest conclusion jump they've made.

Translation of the preview:

Musashi: I understand it. The reason we always lose to the twerps. We don't have enough people!
Nyasu: Ehhh! By people--
Musashi: I have a good idea! (she's talking so fast that everything sounds to me like a total muddle :p) *something about* And then our team will become the best(?)
Kojiro: What you mean is...
Musashi: Fufufufufu! (muhahaha-ish)
Nyasu: Next time on Pocket Monsters Diamond and Pearl...
Musashi: Everybody Participate! Pokémon Hustle!!

Hopefully ii kanji wont mind me posting that.

I like Musashi's reasoning. I can only imagine what fantasy they'll have about recruiting people to do their bidding.

Meowth learning a new move would be freain awesome, so I hope it happens.

Hopefully ii kanji wont mind me posting that.
Ugh, how dare you! Edit your post immediately :p Lmao, but bear in mind all you guys it's probably wrong anyway.

I hope they have a boss fantasy about this. That would be somewhat novel - a fantasy about humans Sakaki could make use of xD

a fantasy about humans Sakaki could make use of xD

I'm not sure we want Nyasu to go down that path again... besides, it sounds like it's more for themselves.

Last edited:

I'm not sure we want Nyasu to go down that path again... besides, it sounds like it's more for themselves.
Lmfao :lol: Can you believe it? I forgot about that!

And I know they don't seem to be doing this connected to Sakaki, but psychotic boss fantasies are still awesome all the same!

It makes sense if TR (the organization) were looking for new members, but why does Jessie and James need new guys. To join their group of running around the twerps?
So the makers of the show can put the most boring characters in Anime ever to sleep finally. At least I hope so and it will never happen.

You think the Rocket-Dan are boring? o_O

A lot of those obstacles sort of screamed "Takeshi's Castle" to me. That combined with the mini-description we have of the episode already, makes me curious...

That would potentially be hilarious, actually.

Haha, I love that show, I hope so much that's how it ends up XD

Ugh, how dare you! Edit your post immediately :p Lmao, but bear in mind all you guys it's probably wrong anyway.

I hope they have a boss fantasy about this. That would be somewhat novel - a fantasy about humans Sakaki could make use of xD

ii kanji your translation is absolutely correct. TR wants two new members because, as you say, they think they always lose to the twerps because they don't have enough people (2 VS 3).
We'll have a filler and funny episode next week!

But you've missed a bit of funny part that I add here:

Meowth: Next episode on pokemon Diamond and Pearl...
Jessie: Everybody Participate! Pokémon Hustle!!
James: Everyone, get pokemon!
TR together: ii kanji! (good feeling!)

Last edited:

Not boring just tediously there.
Butbutbut... they provide the only humour in crap episodes (apart from occasionally Gregguru) and they get the saddest departures :-( They're awesome!
ii kanji your translation is absolutely correct.
xD Well it certainly makes a change!
TR together: ii kanji! (good feeling!)
I missed my own username :p

Hey, i just had a thought. Maybe those two characters are Butch and Cassidy in disguise!

I don't think so because their eyes are shaped differently, but hey ya never know...

What would Butch and Cassidy gain by "joining" Team Rocket's scams? BTW "Team Rocket 2" is officially dead.
Hopefully, the CotD(s) will use some pokemon that we have not seen in a while or possibly a new Gen IV pokemon that has yet to be introduced in the anime.

Last edited:

BTW "Team Rocket 2" is officially dead.
What do you mean by this?

Oh and forget the eyes, it can't be Yamato and Kosanji - Yamato would have given herself away to Musashi from the first second :p

Never mind who they are, they could be Thing 1 and Thing 2 for all I care, but what has me wondering is their Poké Balls. For some reason, I just can't stop wondering what's within them. You know what? I'd like it if the writers did something completely unexpected and gave them Dunsparce and Qwilfish. Or Arbok and Weezing. That would be sweet.

But knowing the writers, it'll be something along the lines of Steelix and *insert Elekid evolution line member here*. Or two other overly-showcased Pokémon.

I'd like it if the writers did something completely unexpected and gave them Dunsparce and Qwilfish. Or Arbok and Weezing. That would be sweet.
The first would be great, but the second T_T *sniff* even better! I miss those 2 so much!
But knowing the writers, it'll be something along the lines of Steelix and *insert Elekid evolution line member here*. Or two other overly-showcased Pokémon.
QFT.

Never mind who they are, they could be Thing 1 and Thing 2 for all I care, but what has me wondering is their Poké Balls. For some reason, I just can't stop wondering what's within them. You know what? I'd like it if the writers did something completely unexpected and gave them Dunsparce and Qwilfish. Or Arbok and Weezing. That would be sweet.

Going by the calendar scans, which has been quite accurate upto now, they would most likely have Blue and Pink Shellos. Suits for a tag team battle.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom