• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP137: Maril, Pochama, Elekid!!

Re: DP 137 "Marill, Pochama, Elekid!" Preview Thread

I've just held a grudge on Piplup since they started comparing it to Pikachu and leaving it out of its Poke Ball.

OK, so it would have been better for it to have been like Torchic was? Had a lot of personality but was featured very sparcely and then showed appearances when it evolved? I don't think Dawn would be great with Prinplup anyway.
BTW if you're complaining that Piplup is the copy to Pikachu, then Azurill is the copy of Togepi.

A Pokemon following you around is now in the games via HGSS, so I'm betting now every new girl will have their starter follow them.

A Pokemon following you around is now in the games via HGSS, so I'm betting now every new girl will have their starter follow them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brock started carrying around a Pokemon as well, like Happiny or something.

Of course the problem is I kind of doubt all future girls will not have their starter evolving (just because I'm sure that the evolution could be more elegant and beautiful like Milotic), and while for example seeing Blaziken out every episode would be kind of neat, it would seem more like a human character then a Pokemon. It would be the better Max, because this Max is capable of breathing fire and kicking butt, you may get lost for following its directions, but even if you run into trouble Blaziken Max will be there to save the day.

If anyone can watch this when it airs - please pay attention to the next episode preview
I'd like to know if Holly is seen/mentioned since her VA is in the next ep

That scene with the Raikou was really cool... And random, but atleast it was just Pochama's dream. xD

How gay... they started the episode with Piplup having a dream about Raikou which attacked Dawn... advertising ahoy!

How CONVENIENT that Piplup knows of Raikou in order to dream about it 8D

Seriously, though, it's lovely Raikou gets some screentime, albeit it isn't much.

I KNEW Oohashi would make Musashi psycho... She was really scary in that balloon o_o

Knowing jack shit of Japanese, I know for sure I heard "onna no ko" though I have no idea if that was in relation to Piplup or Marill.

... Though from the looks from things, I'm guessing Marill is the girl after all? (Unless some summary confirmed this already - haven't been paying attention)

I like how Ash has started to send out both Gliscor and Staraptor when searching for something now. ^^

Evil Jessie, lol!
pa1249553564622.jpg

LUM BERRY FAIL AHAHAHAHAHA. Oh god Jessie.

Why did Musashi eat that? Idiot xD

Ahahaha, oh Piplup.
Nobody loves you <3

This episode sure was lovely. Piplup was funny as ever and Brock got to be all mentor-ish about love failures. Fabulous.

Knowing jack shit of Japanese, I know for sure I heard "onna no ko" though I have no idea if that was in relation to Piplup or Marill.

... Though from the looks from things, I'm guessing Marill is the girl after all? (Unless some summary confirmed this already - haven't been paying attention)
Marill = girl, Pocha = male

I loved everyone in thiis ep xD Pocha, Takeshi, Satoshi, Musashi .etc. I lol'd a lot!

Ahhhaaa. Well, at least there's finally confirmation on that. Beats me as to why, but Dawn's Piplup always struck me as a boy from the beginning (like since D/P ever started, that is).

Staraptor was in, but not for very long. Sent out in conjunction with Gliscor to find the kidnapped lil' ones. Or something. I was busy trying to swat a moth at the time.

Oh, Monferno. when the FOOL Ash will bring you out...

Wow there actually was a legendary Pokemon in this episode, and Raikou of all them.

To explain I translated the summary of this episode with the previous using Google. Yeah the unreliable translator and it actually mentioned legendary pokemon. No one responded to me, so I wasn't sure on the reliability of the information.

Shame Keyhole crapped on me and I barely got to see next week's episode.

And Ash using Staraptor, Gliscor, and Grotle in this episode sounds good to me. Love how it was Gliscor that found Piplup and them, well at least Staraptor found the balloon.

Grotle using a powerful energy ball signifies its a bit stronger, and lol at Ash saying somethin Naive causing Brock, Dawn and Pikachu to do the "Oh geez Ash" reaction. Love how Pikachu is smarter than Ash when it comes to love, I think.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom