• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP142: The Worst Togepy Ever!

Re: DP 142 "The Worst Togepy Ever!" Preview Thread

3am Thursday morning. I'm Pacific time as well at the moment, which is how I know.

3am Thursday morning. I'm Pacific time too at the moment, which is how I know.

So like... tonight then. XDD I'm stupid, give me a break.

And if thats true... i gotta sneak my laptop into my room and stay up. Though i'll be getting up at 6am to go to school... auhhhh... x_x

So like... tonight then. XDD I'm stupid, give me a break.

And if thats true... i gotta sneak my laptop into my room and stay up. Though i'll be getting up at 6am to go to school... auhhhh... x_x

just set your alarm for an hour earlier than you would usually get up then. That's what I did in the past. Or even better, wait until it's on youtube. Staying up all night for a 30 min show in bad quality is pretty pointless. There is no reason to destroy your body like that.

Gender confirmation: Yanmega is female.

- Wow...that Togepi looks huge.

- Martinis? And now that I think abou tit...the Rocket-Dan were drinking in their Secret Base over in Houen as well.

- BANANA!!!

- Neat little elevator graphic there.

- Kojirou room!? Haaaaaa

- So Kojirou got some of those bottle caps in the Jouto region, huh?

- And now, a Musashi room.

- So the robot Sakaki is in Nyasu's room. That deserves lots and lots of commenting.

- They sped up the music when Nyasu is on fire :)

- Every time Togepi runs off to an elevator, it gets cropped out by my local TV-Tokyo :(

- Rocket-Dan eyecatch again :D

- I love the expression on Takeshi's face when Musashi starts fangirling over the "nice" Togepi.

- Wow...gender confirmations galore. Pikachu, Potchama, Gureggru, and Nyasu are all confirmed male. Also, lol at Musashi being surprised that Megayanma's a girl.

- This mecha rocket sentai stuff is hilarious.

- Wow...Pinpuku = better than Pikachu and the others *combined*

- And there's Rayquaza.

- This CGI rocket looks really, really bad.

- lol at the egg pokemon still fighting.

- Kojirou = Ikari from Evangelion?

- Oh wow...the rocket's crappy CGI-ness is even more obvious once that parachute comes out.

- I love that random serious painting of Sakaki there.

- So the point of that whole space adventure was...?

Totally random, but amazing, episode.

Yanmega's a girl? Oh goody, I was right!

AND PIKACHU IS MALE SCORE

So very epic but the most random ep I've seen. And no blast off for TR(at least not in the traditional way).

Re: DP 142 "The Worst Togepy Ever!" Review Thread

-We start off with Satoshi tachi coming up to a big tower thing, with Rocket bringing them in, dressed as reporters or something. They then fall into a trap and wind up in a cage.
-We see the Rockets leave the room and then Togepi walks by. It seems to have a different voice than Kasumi's, but I could be wrong.
-We then see Rockets celebrating as Togepi finds a storeroom of food. Nyasu tries to attack it but it teleports, then it tricks Rockets, who think there are 2 different Togepi.
-It then finds its way to Satoshi-tachi, where it frees them.. and then leads them to another trap.
-We then see it tricking Rockets with its pyschic abilities, the parts from the preview with the bottle caps, fake Sakaki, etc
-It then frees Satoshi tachi again.. and they fall into a trap again.
-It then attacks Rockets with flamethrower, and they also fall into a trap leading to the same cell.
-Musashi attacks it, but then they think it teleports and the good one frees them. Takeshi points out that Togepi can't learn teleport, and figures out there's only 1 Togepi after all. I'm not sure what attack it used on the other pokemon, but I don't think it was attract.(Edit: it was Attract)
-Nyasu, Pikachu, Greggru, Potchama are with Togepi. They get to some control room and transport the tower into a space rocket.
-Pinkupu beats the pokemon to their senses and then battles Togepi. Rayquaza hyper beams the rocket, just missing it and sending it back towards earth. Kojirou says something about knowing how to pilot the rocket from when he was a kid. With the help of various pokemon, it seems the rocket will land safely... until Pinkupu sends Togepi's flamethrower through the rocket, burning the parachute. Togepi's pychic saves them.
-Togepi then walks off as the rocket's are trapped in their cage. I must have missed how they got there.

Last edited:

I have to say, I'm rather surprised that all that crazy shit really happened. I thought for sure it was going to be a psycho hallucination.

But RANDOM RAYQUAZA.

Clod said:
I'm not sure what attack it used on the other pokemon, but I don't think it was attract.

It was. They specifically called it Mero-Mero (Attract's Japanese name). And later, it's revealed that it didn't work on Megayanma because it's a female, just like the Togepi who used it.

Missed the first half. D:< What happened during the first half? Oh, OK...

So... Togepi knows Flamethrower, Psychic and Attract.
- Togepi gets Ash & Co. out from the dungeon and take them into a lift. Ash & Co. then falls back into the dungeon. This repeats for a few more times, and once with TR.
- Togepi uses Attract and controls Pikachu's, Piplup's Meowth's & Croagunk's minds.
- The hideout-rocket takes off. They see a Rayquaza.
- The rocket gets out of control & James takes the lead. He instructs Meowth to allow Pikachu to Thunderbolt the power source.
- Buneary uses Ice Beam to slow down(?) the rocket. So does Piplup with BubbleBeam & Grotle with Energy Ball.
- Togepi uses Flamethrower on Happiny but Happiny uses Pound and hits it away.
- Flamethrower burns a hole into the rocket's 'snout' and also the parachute.
- Togepi uses Psychic to land the rocket.
- Everyone's OK, but the rocket falls apart. Togepi is seen walking away, but turns to face the screen & *turns evil*. The smoke is in the shape of Togepi.
- Ash & Co. are safe, & TR get stuck in the dungeon.
*MADA MADA SUZUKU*

Pretty nice episode. Kinda fun to see Togepi playing around. ^^

The writers are on drugs. I swear.

Kojirou room!? Haaaaaa

That room was pretty lame. But Kojiro does like basic/boring stuff. Though Musashi and Kojiro (and I presume Nyasu) having their faces on their doors was awesome.

- So Kojirou got some of those bottle caps in the Jouto region, huh?

What a convenient tie in!

- And now, a Musashi room.

DP142_Musaroom.jpg

People say Hikari's girly, but that's one of the girliest rooms I've ever seen. And what would Musashi need with all those ugly poofy dresses?

- So the robot Sakaki is in Nyasu's room. That deserves lots and lots of commenting.

I was kinda hoping I was wrong, but it was just as disturbing as I predicted.

Also, lol at Musashi being surprised that Megayanma's a girl.

I was pretty surprised myself. Who would've thought we already had a badass girl Pokemon?

- Wow...Pinpuku = better than Pikachu and the others *combined*

That was an epic battle.

Totally random, but amazing, episode.

I really hope the ending means Togepi is coming back.

I too was surprised at Yanmega's gender confirmation. When I saw Yanmega just flying there, indicating it was a female, I was shocked. Then they went on to explain it with Yanmega blushing.

Wow so many gender confirmations, I thought it was just going to be Pikachu, but Yanmega? Why can't the writers do this more?

Is there any pokemon in DP whose gender we don't know by now?

Best episode ever. Of anything.

That's really all that has to be said.

Naruto was even more shit than it usually is, if anyone cared. Totally destroyed my mood.

By the looks of the last picture with Togepi and the "To be Continued", something tells me... He will return!!. Don't you think?. Besides, if he reappears, it will be perfect to introduce Togekiss in the anime, don't you think?.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom