• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP143: Jōto Festa! Enter Chicorita and Waninoko!! ・ DP144: Dungeon Capture!? The Valley Powerplant!

Re: "Jouto Festa! Chicorita & Waninoko Appear!!" & "Dungeon Capture!? The Valley Pwrp

Or she can just speak first persons like the game characters

Re: "Jouto Festa! Chicorita & Waninoko Appear!!" & "Dungeon Capture!? The Valley Pwrp

She seems to say "-tte koto ne" at the end a lot.. I don't think it can be really translated into english.. maybe loosely something like "you know what I mean?", but to me it's really annoying.. when characters have these nonsense speech patterns it makes it hard for me to take them seriously, especially considering she's basically saying her own name all the time.

It's actually nice for me when characters have things like that...
Oh and I think Koto's VA is really fitting for her! I really hope Koto and Kazu will return in the future... 5 eps isn't enough T_T

I really hope Koto and Kazu will return in the future... 5 eps isn't enough T_T

They have barely done much within the first two episodes of their debut. Especially the second one. So yeah, the only episodes where they actually contribute to something. 3 out of 5 episodes... That's better than Aoi's track record.

I find it very amazing that some people had speculated that Dawn would get a Cyndaquil like months ago, even before HGSS. Actually... even before Platinum... woah.

I find it very amazing that some people had speculated that Dawn would get a Cyndaquil like months ago, even before HGSS. Actually... even before Platinum... woah.

It was pretty likely Dawn was going to get a Johto starter, simply because May got Kanto starters.

We knew Totodile was out because of Piplup, so Chikorita/Cynda were the only two obvious choices.

They have barely done much within the first two episodes of their debut.

I don't care, they did enough for me to like them! especially Koto ^_^

It was obvious we'd get GSC remakes and that was obvious to lead us to Dawn getting a Johto starter
Chiko and Cynda were the two most speculated since Toto is the same type as Pip
Chiko seemed to be more obvious choise as it's the most girly of them but they surprised us and gave her Cynda instead as a lot of people wanted

So all the people who are "nerds" or have glasses are related to each other?[/QUOTE]

No! That's not what I meant! Actually, no offense, but your comment was a bit hurtful. No, it's not the glasses,heck, I also wear them. I was thinking about the hair color, eye color, and skin tone.

I was thinking about the hair color, eye color, and skin tone.

There are 465476575464 characters in this show, of course we'd get a lot of characters who share their hair/eye color and such things
I didn't intend to sound mean, it just seemed to me a little random to suggest a connection between the two...

Just a quick question, what's the Johto Festa? Is it a Johto theme festival or something?

Just a quick question, what's the Johto Festa? Is it a Johto theme festival or something?

Some anime-only location between Twinleaf Town and Suiren Town (which is a little bit south from Snowpoint). Yet somehow it's close to the Valley Windworks (near Floaroma Town).

Some anime-only location between Twinleaf Town and Suiren Town (which is a little bit south from Snowpoint). Yet somehow it's close to the Valley Windworks (near Floaroma Town).

I don't think it's the name of the place, as I understood it the "Johto Festa" is just a festival about Johto that they do in Sinnoh to teach the Sinnoh people about Johto or something like that

Kazunari is a kind of a new Jun'ichi. He's anime's custom character who's close to game main character(s). He also tends to panic, like Jun'ichi.

If Kotone is a "new Marina", then Kazunari is "new Jun'ichi".

I actually really enjoyed these eps, and I love Kotone and Kazu! :-D

Strange. You'd think they'd choose one of the good animators for the blatent HGSS advertisement episode.
There are 465476575464 characters in this show, of course we'd get a lot of characters who share their hair/eye color and such things.
But it's not that random. It's the same green color scheme used for Max and Conway, with the glasses on top of that. The only thing really making him stand out from those two is the hair.

It's the same green color scheme used for Max and Conway, with the glasses on top of that. The only thing really making him stand out from those two is the hair.

Kotone reminds me of May with the brown hair, and her friend Kazu reminds me of Max with the glasses.

I think the lack of Jasmine, is troubling. While it could be "Sparkle" couldn't it just be a random showing showing of Ampharos? Unless Kotone said "sparkle" which kind of seems unlikely.

I'll have to watch the episode again, because I didn't get to watch it properly the first time.

However Remind in DPPT Jasmine is in Sunnyshore right? She probably will make her appearance there in Sunnyshore in Anime, possibly in her new outfit :/

Kotone and Kazunari remind me a Alice and Tonio from Dialga VS Palkia VS Darkrai movie. Tonio is also with glasses. Their relationship is very similar. Kazunari like Tonio is very uncertain and so on. But Alice still likes Tonio. So with Kotone and Kazunari same situation. I just don't understand why to make a copy especially because we already saw this kind of relationship.

Kazunari is a kind of a new Jun'ichi. He's anime's custom character who's close to game main character(s). He also tends to panic, like Jun'ichi.

If Kotone is a "new Marina", then Kazunari is "new Jun'ichi".

Except Kazunari has the same VA as Kenta.

xD

Except Kazunari has the same VA as Kenta.

xD

I wish it WERE Kenta. (and Marina) ;___; Seriously though, Kotone and Kazunari are... somewhat interesting, but I really wish that Kazunari could have had a better design though...

I agree that this is probably what will happen
Pretty stupid since all previous eggs took at least two eps or so... hatch in the same ep she gets it? -_- they obviously did it because they were in a rush to advertise the starters and couldn't let the poor thing stay in its egg even one ep... oh well
What's up with that green clothes Kotone picture? all the others have her in red just like the games - did someone edit that pic?

Maybe the egg was already close to hatching? o_O

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom