• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP148: Muma, Yamikarasu and the Dark Stone!

PKMN_Veteran

Since 97'
Reaction score
DP 148 "Muma, Yamikarasu and the Dark Stone!" Preview Thread

- We first see Satoshi and Co. lying on the ground
- CotD has a Muma
- A Yamikarasu appears and Pikachu shocks it
- A young boy who appears to be Yamikarasu's trainer appears
- Takeshi and CotD seen running behind Muma
- Young boy seen pelting rocks (or eggs?) at Yamikarasu
- Takeshi seen trying to move a boulder with a stick
- Young boy seen crying with some tears falling on Yamikarasu

Airs on October 22 at 19:00 JST on TV Tokyo.

Last edited:
Re: DP 148 "Muma, Yamikarasu and the Dark Stone!" Preview Thread

Huh, this looks like fun!

My sister loves Muma, but dislikes Yamikarasu, too bad, that's the one I like, so yay for Pokemon choice. xDD

So it seems Giratina did attack em. Sweet.

The preview looked... oddly nice for a Kinoshita episode. x_X Especially near the end, where Murkrow was flapping its wings.

Anyway... it looks interesting to me. No signs of Giratina in the preview. 'Awww' scene when the boy cried with his tears touching Murkrow. Funny thing, if he loves his Murkrow so much, why was he throwing stones(?) at Murkrow, though?

Kinoshita...did this? Okay then I guess people can improve!

During the scene in the preview with Satoshi, Takeshi and Hikari on the ground you can see them flailing about like they're trying to swim. So it's possible the beginning with Giratina and the flood might be an illusion.

During the scene in the preview with Satoshi, Takeshi and Hikari on the ground you can see them flailing about like they're trying to swim. So it's possible the beginning with Giratina and the flood might be an illusion.
Makes sense. But Gratina better not be an illusion cameo only.

I wonder if that kid is throwing random stones at his Murkrow in hope one of them is a Dusk Stone and it'll evolve XDDD

Doesn't seem to be an important episode at first glance, so I doubt the Giratina in this ep has anything to do with the Galactic eps. Especially if its just an illusion.

Ooh, this sounds like a great episode! ^^

Yay, we get to see Murkrow! =D

And Misdreavus is cool too. But I'm more interested in what happens with this boy's Murkrow.

souns lik an interesting episode at first glance

Wait, Giratina's in this episode?

I'm hoping that the Murkrow gets to evolve, and the gang is all bummed, and then they find another Dusk Stone and Misdreavus evolves as well. Everyone happy.

Giratina isn't present in the preview. Not at all.
And you know what? This episode looks like it can do without it.

People are making way to big a deal out of what will probably be a 5 second cameo of Giratina.

The episode itself looks really, really, boring. At least the Rocket-Dan should be entertaining.

This episode will be the next "Darkrai Vs. Cresselia."

That means there's nothing to see here folks, move along.

Scott, stop being ridiculous
I see nothing wrong with this episode... with all the recent Johto arc (that included a Contest + egg for main character + egg hatch + Brock getting Pokégear + tons of Johto mentions and cameos) and the upcoming Galactic final arc - I think a random episode like this is really necessary
This and the Pika/Pip eps are the only two episodes between the big events... I think they even should have included a little more than that as a break between things
There's also still the possibility of Giratina in this ep somehow being related to the Galactic final (though I think it's more a confirmation Giratina won't be at all in the Galactic final... but who knows)

If the kid really is throwing random stones at the poor Murkrow in hope it'll evolve - that alone will make the ep for me XD
Seriously, posts like that one you just made Scott are extremely ridiculous, episodes like this can be just as entertaining as anything else - including the "important/plot episodes"

It just doesn't seem that interesting. The Pikachu/Piplup falling in love ep looks much funnier and a much more enjoyable ep.

That episode looks like it will be great, this one looks kind of ho-hum. It also seems weird for a random filler like this to be inbetween the HGSS advertising and the Galactic arc. At least the Pip/Pika ep looks to be a comedic ep.

Why is it weird? It's also part of the HGSS advertising... the ep will star two gen 2 Poké and will focus on how they evolve into gen 4 Poké
It's kind of showing a relation between the two current main gens
I agree the Pika/Pip ep is very likely to be MUCH better - but seriously let's not judge this ep before we watch it... it could still become important somehow... and even if it's completely "filler" it might have a few interesting/entertaining scenes...

After a very long story arc, we finally get a generic filler (refers back to the old Johto fillers). COTD plus a Gen II pokemon... In this case, two of each. The anime is done advertising the Johto games; now it's time for a "Johto filler."

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom