• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP149: Pikachu, Pochama, Keep Apart!!

Re: DP 149 Keep Away from Pikachu and Pochama!! (Preview Thread )

I think the "stick together" was MUCH better translation than "keep away"
The episode manga clearly showed that Pika and Pip literally stick to each other while the characters fail to separate them
There's nothing about "keep away" from anything

Re: DP 149 "Keep Away from Pikachu and Pochama!!" Preview Thread

That preview was epic. I love the way Satoshi and Hikari narrated it, and that whole scene was just hilarious.

This is going to be a good episode. :-D

Preview pictures.

I think I get what the title is telling us...... Whether the writers minds are sick or not, this has got to be lulz

Dawn finally uses a Pokeball on Piplup but it fails. LOL

That's what she gets for leaving it out so long.

If 4kids was still in charge they'd probably ban this episode regardless of there gender

If 4kids was still in charge they'd probably ban this episode regardless of there gender

They didn't ban the episode when Meowth was in love with James & started licking him...now that was disturbing.

Oh ya (slaps self on head) I was thinking about how some countries banned one episode because it considered May and Ash a couple.

Eps like this would probably not be banned. Censors don't care about homosexual Pokemon.

Although I do find it odd Pika and Piplup were just confirmed male like 7 episodes ago and now we get an ep like this.

They just want to tease the viewers:/

This will probably release another wave of people claiming Pikachu is female because of this:/

They just want to tease the viewers:/
This. We just had a confirmation that attract doesn't work on pokemon of the same gender. Chances are this is suppose to throw us (and the characters) off because they won't know what's causing it. In the end it'll probably be some berry or drink. ._.

They didn't ban the episode when Meowth was in love with James & started licking him...now that was disturbing.

There was an explanation given for that (the Shuckle juice). Likely there will be an explanation for this too. My guess is that it has to do with that COTD scientist that has been featured in a scan for this episode.

Somehow, I have bad vibe after this episode I will be very dissapointed Lightningpearl Shipper :sweatlol:

Re: DP 149 Keep Away from Pikachu and Pochama!! (Preview Thread )

Piplup said:
I think the "stick together" was MUCH better translation than "keep away"

It really isn't. くっつく means "stick together" or "adhere." The title of this episode, however, is くっつかないで, which means "don't stick together" or "don't adhere." Which then, naturally, gets changed to "keep away" because that sounds a lot less Engrish-y.

If the title really was meant to say "stick together," it would have been something like くっつけ! or simply くっつく.

Misleading title? Maybe. But incorrectly translated? Not at all.

So this explaines why Buneary never had a chance, Pikachu likes boy Pokemon. Pikachu is coming out of the closet people. Yah I'm probaly going to skip this one. Don't need to see Mascotts falling in love with each other, creating cute little mascott babies.

Pikachu..Male..Female..Confusion.
Wait, what am I saying? I still think Pikachu is female, so no confusion for me.

This episode..I haven't seen the preview, but did they get hit by anything? According to some official comic, some kooky doctor made a love machine.

Edit: I just saw the preview..What a short preview.

I wonder what's up.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom