• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP149: Pikachu, Pochama, Keep Apart!!

Re: DP 149 "Keep Away from Pikachu and Pochama!!" Preview Thread

Dub would just say they are super special awesome friends.

They wouldn't have to because they haven't fallen in love for real. It's a mad scientist's love machine that's causing all this as shown in a comic based on this episode.

Actually even if they were gay they wouldn't ban it. Because PCI is the same company who made Harley way more gayer than he was in the Japanese version (well that's what I've heard anyway).

PK0082 posted the comic in the Serebii.net forums way back, but for some reason only a few people noticed it.

Last edited:

I was thinking about how some countries banned one episode because it considered May and Ash a couple.

And they don't do that for Pokeshipping why? T-T

Anyway, is this gonna be a LightningPearlshipping episode?

BTW, the Cartoon Network dub is a good deal more reasonable than 4Kids, so they'll probably leave it alone.

Oh ya (slaps self on head) I was thinking about how some countries banned one episode because it considered May and Ash a couple.

Actually it was banned because the episode was considered like "the battle of the sexes". It has nothing to do with Ash & May (or Jessie & James) being called a couple.

In the preview, I lol when Piplup was mad at Pikachu but then instantly forgives him & they start hugging again.

BTW, the Cartoon Network dub is a good deal more reasonable than 4Kids, so they'll probably leave it alone.
TPCI - or PCI if you prefer - (The Pokemon Company International) dubs Pokemon. Cartoon Network is just the place were it airs.

Here's a rough translation of the comic I asked jessierocketka to do when the it first came out:

Indeed, anything interesting. I don't have time to translate every single sentence and I don't think you would be interested in that either, but generally, that doctor invented machine that can make all Pokemon whose relationship is bad to get along well with each other. But instead it looks like it works also on Pokemon whose relationship is good and even "make their friendship stronger" so they fell in love with each other xD;

AHAH.

They're gay, so what. :X
if people are getting shocked about that, I'm pretty damn confused why.

But D/P has been giving us some cracked out episodes I've noticed. Such a weird season. But amazing. :D

Actually it was banned because the episode was considered like "the battle of the sexes". It has nothing to do with Ash & May (or Jessie & James) being called a couple.

In the preview, I lol when Piplup was mad at Pikachu but then instantly forgives him & they start hugging again.

Oh never trust everything on bulbapdia that is no longer present

I really wish they should more in this preview instead of just one scene from the episode

AHAH.

They're gay, so what. :X
if people are getting shocked about that, I'm pretty damn confused why.

But D/P has been giving us some cracked out episodes I've noticed. Such a weird season. But amazing. :D

I hope that Pikachu isn't gay, because if he is...

then all those episodes where he clearly had an attraction to females (like Waterflowers of Cerulean City with his reaction to The Sensational Sisters or his having a similar reaction to Brock in Princess vs. Princess) would not have made any sense whatsoever.

I mean, honestly, guys. If Pikachu was to be a gay male, they should have done it from the start of the show (meaning, he shouldn't have had attractions to Daisy, Lily, and Violet, as someone who is homosexual is simply unable to be attracted to the opposite sex), they shouldn't change his orientation to do that. I mean, I simply cannot feel any attractions to the same sex because I'm straight/Heterosexual. Therefore, anyone else who is Heterosexual, or otherwise, cannot feel anything for the same sex or for the opposite sex, respectively. In fact, the only people who can have a sexual attraction to both sexes are bisexuals.

This whole "changing peoples orientations after being developed under one orientation" issue is the main reason why I am currently unhappy with the rumors of Claire Bennet apparently becoming a Lesbian/Bisexual in the recent season of Heroes, BTW.

For the record, I'm not Homophobic. I'm just saying that the writers shouldn't just try and change orientations, as it's impossible to do so.

Silly people, not reading the translation a FEW POSTS ABOVE YOU.

C'mon. They're not gay XD Its a MACHINE that makes them temporarily like that.

For the record, I'm not Homophobic. I'm just saying that the writers shouldn't just try and change orientations, as it's impossible to do so.

Ever hear of "coming out of the closet"?

Silly people, not reading the translation a FEW POSTS ABOVE YOU.

C'mon. They're not gay XD Its a MACHINE that makes them temporarily like that.

THANK GOODNESS!!

I'm glad that's all taken care of. Glad to hear that they aren't gay.

EDIT:

Ever hear of "coming out of the closet"?

Yes, I've heard of that phrase. However, a closeted Homosexual does not have any sexual attractions to the opposite sex. They only fake those feelings to hide their true orientation. It's quite evident that Pikachu was NOT faking his sexual attractions to the Sensational Sisters.

Pikachu..Male..Female..Confusion.
Wait, what am I saying? I still think Pikachu is female, so no confusion for me.

This episode..I haven't seen the preview, but did they get hit by anything? According to some official comic, some kooky doctor made a love machine.

Edit: I just saw the preview..What a short preview.

I wonder what's up.

The fact that they were both affected by a female Togepi's Attract (along with Meowth, confirmed to be male and Croagunk) means that they are both male.
Will little kids remember this? Doubt it. They'll go estatic over their favorite mascot characters hugging each other. That's the point of this episode.
A short preview? It fit the standard 30-second preview. Surely there was not much within that preview, but the plot of this episode needs no further explanation.
Yes, a scan a few weeks back did say that a COTD scientist made a machine responsible for Pikachu and Piplup. It's not like they became that way. It seems to me that they are in a trance just like Attract. There were a few instances where both acted as normal then became in that state.

THANK GOODNESS!!

I'm glad that's all taken care of. Glad to hear that they aren't gay.

This is why you should read all the posts before assuming a character is gay. :)

well....i never thought pokemon would go gay....but its going to

Lol, well everyone who knows me will know that I'm rarely ever serious.

:D
I know they're not really gay, mwaah. :X
even though I only saw the whole thing on sppf after I posted before.
Still pretty amusing. ;3 Hikari and Satoshi's reactions in the episode should be pretty nice. :>

And Weedle, yeah.

I hope that Pikachu isn't gay, because if he is...

then all those episodes where he clearly had an attraction to females (like Waterflowers of Cerulean City with his reaction to The Sensational Sisters or his having a similar reaction to Brock in Princess vs. Princess) would not have made any sense whatsoever.

I mean, honestly, guys. If Pikachu was to be a gay male, they should have done it from the start of the show (meaning, he shouldn't have had attractions to Daisy, Lily, and Violet, as someone who is homosexual is simply unable to be attracted to the opposite sex), they shouldn't change his orientation to do that. I mean, I simply cannot feel any attractions to the same sex because I'm straight/Heterosexual. Therefore, anyone else who is Heterosexual, or otherwise, cannot feel anything for the same sex or for the opposite sex, respectively. In fact, the only people who can have a sexual attraction to both sexes are bisexuals.

This whole "changing peoples orientations after being developed under one orientation" issue is the main reason why I am currently unhappy with the rumors of Claire Bennet apparently becoming a Lesbian/Bisexual in the recent season of Heroes, BTW.

Isn't it obvious? Pikachu's bi!

I don't mean to break the conversation, but why do the Serebii screenshots make Piplup and Pikachu look gay for each other??

I don't mean to break the conversation, but why do the Serebii screenshots make Piplup and Pikachu look gay for each other??

Because that's the plot. They are gay for each other.

well....i never thought pokemon would go gay....but its going to

Isn't it obvious? Pikachu's bi!

Because that's the plot. They are gay for each other.

Hey, look at all the people who didn't read what really happened

Let me clarify once again.

Pikachu and Pochama are NOT GAY. Well, they may be. But that isn't confirmed nor supported in this episode.

There is a machine that scientist guy made. And it was used on Pikachu and Pochama. The machine makes pokemon who do not like each other become friends. It makes pokemon that are friends... well, temporarily end up like Pikachu and Pochama.

So they ARENT GAY. They just are under the machine's bidding, just like they were under Togepi's attract recently. They aren't gay, at least not permanently.

But like i said, they could be gay and that confirmed later. But as this episode goes, they are not. Its just a machine.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom