• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP149: Pikachu, Pochama, Keep Apart!!

I really don't get why the writers refused to let the bunny see Pika "fall in love" with someone else
It could be really funny - this is the second time they're doing this... the first time was recently too, the Togepi episode (and the bunny did appear in that ep, but after Pika already snapped out of it)

Likewise, I believed the group SHOULD have sent all of their other pokemon out to see if this affects them. Then, we see Pachirisu and Buizel cuddle. Also, Buneary gets pissed off.

Is it just me or was that Quagsire HUGE. I mean seriously what were they feeding that thing! This show is so inconsistent with height...

Wouldn't a more logical translation for this title be, "Keep Pikachu and Piplup Apart!"?

Wouldn't a more logical translation for this title be, "Keep Pikachu and Piplup Apart!"?

Finally, someone with a brain...
I said here a few times how the first translation of this title ("Pika and Pip don't stick together", but your one works too) was much better
Seriously, exact literal translation isn't always the best thing to do, sometimes it IS necessary to change a little so it'll actually make sense

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom