• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP149: Pikachu, Pochama, Keep Apart!!

Re: DP 149 "Keep Away from Pikachu and Pochama!!" Preview Thread

- Oh, Hikari...way to forget that Potchama has a Monster Ball.

Didn't someone said in one of the previews we saw Dawn return it to its ball but then it immediately came out?

Nice episode, cute pairings but id loved to have seen Buoysel and Pachirisu embrace. oh wait do they still exist.

All in all a fun 'filler' but one I would watch again.

Didn't someone said in one of the previews we saw Dawn return it to its ball but then it immediately came out?

Yup, Dawn tried to return Piplup but ended up coming out and hugged Pikachu again.

Yep read the bit just below.

Edit: bah to slow.

Yup, Dawn tried to return Piplup but ended up coming out and hugged Pikachu again.

So she didn't "forget it has a Pokéball" at all...
Can't wait to watch this! and I agree it's too bad we didn't get to see Buizel/Pachi, that could be even more funny than Pika/Pip
And I guess from these posts that the bunny didn't appear at all? it could be funny to see its reaction... too bad, they didn't let it see Pika in love with Togepi in that episode either...

That anime adaptation was wrong. Staraptor didn't save the professor, it was Quagsire and Magnemite. At least it showed up for like 2 seconds.

I saw the explanation of why it didn't work with Quagsire, and Magnemite (dual types). Of course that may just because we got to see the Pokemon affected and the Pokemon not affected. I picked up on it instantly too when I saw the unaffected water and electric Pokemon. I had to think back to the Pokemon affected and realized that they were single type, otherwise my theory would've been wrong.

I personally think it was a boring episode, it just didn't seem to be going anywhere, then again I'm slightly tired so that may have something to do with it.

But really nothing really happened other than a simple plot. Maybe a unique plot compared to other Pokemon episodes, but still pretty simple.

It seems like this episode exists solely to increase the episode count not of anything of value. This one is true filler because the plot was too simple, and wasn't very elaborate.

I mean seriously, can you think the purpose of this episode is? Aside from increasing the episode count. Well I suppose explaining how magnets work was necessary.....

So she didn't "forget it has a Pokéball" at all...
I don't think that's what Dogasu was getting at. She did forget it because it was Brock who reminded her of Piplup's Poke ball.

Yeah, I didn't like it too much, either. It looked great from the preview, but the entire episode seemed to be riding on that one amusing shot of Pikachu and Pochama hugging. the first half was also reeeeally dragged out, and had lazy and reused animation aplenty.

Shame, it had potential.

I don't think that's what Dogasu was getting at. She did forget it because it was Brock who reminded her of Piplup's Poke ball.

Oh, ok then
That's what happens when I read posts about an episode before I actually watch it XD

Plot? Filler episodes have plot?

EVERY episode has a plot, whether you like said plot or not...
This episode's plot is about a professor who made a machine to make Poké that don't get along to be friends and caused Pika and Pip to literally stick to each other (like the more logically translated title hint at, unlike this thread's one) while the twerps try to separate them

- LOL at the music that plays when Pikachu and Potchama first get all lovey-dovey.

I concur, but what is that music? I don't think I've heard it before.

I really liked the episode. I was loling the whole first half. It did start to drag some, but the Rocket-Dan kinda helped.

And that new motto is win.

I honestly wasn't expecting much out of this, and as far as i'm concerned, I was right on the money. Really boring episode imo, which is especially painful since this was supposed to be funny. Pikachu and Pochama hugging it out for 20 minutes just isn't enough to keep me entertained, let alone smile. Take a tip from whoever wrote the Togepi ep guys. And the multitude of non-DP funnies while you're at it.

Well at least it was better than that previous filler about Misdreavous/Mukrrow, right?

This entire episode is trying to get two pokemon to like each other through a machine. Oh boy... And here we have the cliche ending where they work together to save said COTD, then magically become friends.
Animation in TR's motto and Doitchi Nyo- Piplup edition were the two things that made this episode.

- So Takeshi explains Nuo is a ground type as well as a water type. Likewise, Coil is a steel type in addition to being an electric type. So, the professor's machine didn't work on them because of they're dual types.

Something that would have not been applied back in Gen I, when Magnemite was just pure electric.
Who would have thought the anime would go so far as to say that electric/water pokemon with an additional type produce the opposite effect? It really makes me ponder about what could have happened if Chinchou or Lanturn were affected?

Chinchou and Lanturn just implode. Then you get hundreds of shiny, pink DeepSeaScales floating to the surface of the water.

I really don't get why the writers refused to let the bunny see Pika "fall in love" with someone else
It could be really funny - this is the second time they're doing this... the first time was recently too, the Togepi episode (and the bunny did appear in that ep, but after Pika already snapped out of it)

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom