• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP158: Loud Roar! Jibacoil VS Metagross!!

PKMN_Veteran

Since 97'
Reaction score
DP 158 "Roaring Around! Jibacoil vs. Metagross"
[bp=DP158]Bulbapedia link[/bp]

- Jibacoil and Metagross are fighting each other, causing some damage here and there
- Pikachu and Pachirisu appear to be lauching thunder moves at the fighting steel-type Pokémon

Airs January 7 at 19:00 JST on TV Tokyo.

Last edited:
Re: DP 158 "Roaring Around! Jibacoil vs. Metagross" Preview Thread

Pachirisu, ha? great.

Doesn't look interesting in the least really. New opening at least, which is cool. And we'll be seeing more than just Pikachu and Piplup, so that isn't awful.

Wow, this looks exciting.

Animation looks real nice. Some of those movements make it look like Shimura's been sneaking a peek at Iwane's notes or something. And Metagross chucking Magnezone to the ground in the same fashion that a spoiled child on Christmas morn does when he finds out he got the Donatello figure instead of the Raphael he wanted, is hella cool, you can't deny.

Otherwise, I really don't care why these two are fighting, nor am I prepared to try and figure out a reasonable excuse for the protagonists to even be involved with this. Don't these towns have departments to deal with crap like this? Are the police force always going to be inept enough to need the help of passerby kids? If Ash and co. weren't conviniently in town that day, would it be little more than a post-apocolyptic wasteland? So many questions, none of which will be answered.

I want an animated gif of Magnezone destroying that streetlight and have it say "MAGNEZONE REJECTS YOUR TRAFFIC LAWS".

Animation looks real nice. Some of those movements make it look like Shimura's been sneaking a peek at Iwane's notes or something

? This is Natsume. Next episode, Bouysel, might be Shimura, could also be Hirooka.

A decent episode/filler to start off the new year/decade. The new opening is what really excites me, however. Ash and Dawn aren't using their fire-types to combat the steel-types?

Oh they very well might do that. But it could be that fighting with force becomes disasterous, making things worse than they already are. So they figure out that Magnezone and Metagross are highly attracted towards bolts of electricity (due to their reliance on magnetism to float about) and make use of this to lure them safely out of the city.

This episode looks good so far. It's about damn time Magnezone appeared in the anime.

Hmmm, this looks like it might be interesting. I hope so!

This episode looks as if it will be okay. A different steel then Metagross would be nice but evident Pachirisu action makes up for it.

This episode looks as if it will be okay. A different steel then Metagross would be nice but evident Pachirisu action makes up for it.
At least its not Steelix, eh?

At least its not Steelix, eh?

Actually a Steelix using Magnet Rise would be a great wtf moment.
But seriously, you do have a point. I just wish they used Bronzong instead seeing as it has had few appearances.

I won't be surprised if those two steel type pokemon will be friends in the end. it's seems more logical.

Oh, looks like an interesting episode, I love Pachirisu

Animation looks real nice. Some of those movements make it look like Shimura's been sneaking a peek at Iwane's notes or something. And Metagross chucking Magnezone to the ground in the same fashion that a spoiled child on Christmas morn does when he finds out he got the Donatello figure instead of the Raphael he wanted, is hella cool, you can't deny.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that Iwane is a key animator for this ep.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that Iwane is a key animator for this ep.
Probably. He often is when a Shimura ep looks awesome.

Bulbapedia says that the animator for this episode is Natsume.

Eh? :p Well that explains it. Or something.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom