• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP158: Loud Roar! Jibacoil VS Metagross!!

Re: DP 158 "Roaring Around! Jibacoil vs. Metagross" Preview Thread

The Greatest・Everyday! (the new opening) contains an infernape. Are we to speculate whether or not this is Ash's?

That Goukazaru could belong to anyone. Let's just wait and see if it's Satoshi's.

Spoilers!!!!!
Both Ursula and Nando are appearing in the GF and SL!!!!Great opening and all of Ash's pokemon are featured kinda like the opening :"ready go".
And as i expected Infernape is Ach's!!!

Just watched the last 30 seconds of the opening. Other than including SO MANY LEGENDARIES and SO MANY OF ASH'S OLD POKEMON OMIGOSH, it also confirms that Infernape is Ash's. Hooray, Monfy gets to become even more kickass! \o/

Just watched the new opening...o_O

Torterra and Infernape for Satoshi
Togekiss for Hikari?! ( popped out of a pokeball together with the bunny)

LOTS of legendaries ( I think almost all of them, including arceus, the lake trio, shaymin etc.)

Naoshi, Nozomi, Urara...

Satoshi´s Pokémon battling legendaries and Lucario.

End picture with all of Satoshi´s Pokémon (including old ones, and I think even Glion) facing Shinji and other trainers ( Elite 4?) who I couldn´t see clearly due to bad quality...

DAMN!
Did I really see Togekiss? ^_^

I am not able to concentrate on the new episode because of the awesome opening...sounded awesome as well...

Man, Team Rocket sure is getting blasted off a lot today.

Just watched the new opening...o_O

Torterra and Infernape for Satoshi
Togekiss for Hikari?! ( popped out of a pokeball together with the bunny)

LOTS of legendaries ( I think almost all of them, including arceus, the lake trio, shaymin etc.)

Naoshi, Nozomi, Urara...

Satoshi´s Pokémon battling legendaries and Lucario.

End picture with all of Satoshi´s Pokémon (including old ones, and I think even Glion) facing Shinji and other trainers ( Elite 4?) who I couldn´t see clearly due to bad quality...

DAMN!
Did I really see Togekiss? ^_^

I am not able to concentrate on the new episode because of the awesome opening...sounded awesome as well...
I think I saw Ash facing off Paul,Barry and Nando but I could be wrong!
And i totally agree!I really can't concentrate on the episode because of how great the new opening is!
Dodaidos and Goukazaru for Satoshi,which means he is definitely winning the league now!!!
And Togekiss for Hikari o_O I suddenly just remember watching that XDDDD
The best part was Arceus poping out with dragon trio being the best legendary pokemon and all =D
I can not wait for the league or the grand festival now! The both sound so promising!

OH MY GOD DID HAPPINY JUST PICK UP AN ENTIRE FROZEN LAKE AND THROW IT INTO AN ABYSS?!?!

How did the bunny freeze AN ENTIRE LAKE anyway?

Takeshi´s Pokémon doing something useful? This episode suddenly got a lot better.

Pretty dialogue centric episode, which doesn't make for an interesting episode in a foreign language. Really I've got no idea why the two of them need their own like UFC arena. And that guy looks like he should know Volkner, military suit and all. Wasted potential. Happiny made this episode with the stopping Metagross and picking up a lake. Nice to see you Happiny. And some more penguin abuse to finish it off. That makes up for something.

I wish I knew Japanese, it could've helped me figure out what the hell were Team Rocket trying to do throughout the episode.

Jeez, they blasted off and got their asses kicked so much throughout the episode. That has to be some sort of record.

I as well could hardly pay attention to the episode because of the epicness of the opening.

Hilarious Gible/Piplup ending, with Piplup getting in the middle of Magnezone and Metagross because of Gible's Draco Meteor.

DP 158 "Roaring Around! Jibacoil vs. Metagross"

Pretty Ok episode today, also the first time we see the "The Greatest - Everyday" which I consider the best DP OP so far. In regards to the episode, it was pretty bland and dialogue heavy in the beginning, but became a lot more interesting later as Satoshi and Co. tried to create an arena, so the two fighting Pokémon would stay out of the city. Some funny scenes with Rocket-dan as well as Pinpiku lifting a massive block of ice. It also seems customary now to abuse Pochama in every episode. Overall this episode deserves a 7.8/10.

I wish I knew Japanese, it could've helped me figure out what the hell were Team Rocket trying to do throughout the episode.
Generally, they wanted to learn why Jibacoil and Metagross act so violently so that they could calm them down themselves and make them "their friends" ^^; When they learned that the lake was the problem, they tried to get rid of the water from it... that's why they used a pomp.

Jeez, they blasted off and got their asses kicked so much throughout the episode. That has to be some sort of record.
Yeah, I've lost count how many times they got blasted off, but it's certainly a new record >.>;

Download Keyhole TV and hope Pokemon Sunday decides to show it in a rerun. Otherwise wait for the dub.

Also, regarding the lake...

me and Dogasu said:
[02:19] dogasu2000: O.....K
[02:19] BlackjackRocket: WHAT THE SHIT IS GOING ON
[02:20] dogasu2000: This is why Takeshi never does anything
[02:20] dogasu2000: HE HAS THE POWER TO MOVE LAKES
[02:20] dogasu2000: The show wouldn't have any conflict left if everything was left to him

Pretty dull start (probably so we could recover from the epicness of the OP) but it picked up about halfway through. I felt bad for the Rocket-Dan when it seemed they were trying to help for once. Nice to see Takeshi do stuff as well.

The best part for me was the Potchama abuse at the end. I know it's been going on for awhile now, but it seems the writers finally got the message that a lot of us are sick of the damn thing, so now we get to see it abused all the time. :-D

The best part for me was the Potchama abuse at the end. I know it's been going on for awhile now, but it seems the writers finally got the message that a lot of us are sick of the damn thing, so now we get to see it abused all the time. :-D

That always makes me smile.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom