• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP158: Loud Roar! Jibacoil VS Metagross!!

Download Keyhole TV and hope Pokemon Sunday decides to show it in a rerun. Otherwise wait for the dub.

Also, regarding the lake...
Nice one. Takeshi moving a lake makes me think, well then now we know why he doesn't do anything. HE'S ARCEUS IN DISGUISE.

Decent episode; I have a few notes to add.
Magnezone's magnets remain uncolored despite the Sugimori artwork.
Mamoswine being defeated by Magnezone makes one wish that it had ground-type moves.
Team Rocket is blasting off from a blast off? Well, that's a first...
This episode verified the notion that Pachirisu is basically yet another Pikachu clone.

Decent episode; I have a few notes to add.
Magnezone's magnets remain uncolored despite the Sugimori artwork.
Mamoswine being defeated by Magnezone makes one wish that it had ground-type moves.
Team Rocket is blasting off from a blast off? Well, that's a first...
This episode verified the notion that Pachirisu is basically yet another Pikachu clone.

Quoted for truth.

Just a thought, why didn't Happiny just move that Glacier in Movie 11. I mean this episode proves it easily could have happened.

Feraligator down in the beginning... Is it just me or are they really showcasing the totodile evolutionary line since about half a year... I mean Brock had a feraligator in the pokemon triathlon, kazunari's toto and croco and now this... Hum... wonder where this will lead to ??? cut to me rolling my eyes

As much as penguin abuse makes me smile, I'd rather just, you know, not see it anymore.

LOL Me too. Like the person above me said, least they seem to be getting hints that were tired of it. The Pipulp abuse for the time being is a hoot. It was the best episode, it dragged a little in the begining.

so uh..what attack did Magnezone use on Mamoswine? it looked like Psybeam but that can't be right...

Metagross definitely got Monferno with Bullet Punch though, the animation looked very similar to the tag tournament's metagross using that move.

it seems the writers finally got the message that a lot of us are sick of the damn thing, so now we get to see it abused all the time. :-D

I doubt they think Pip is "hated", especially since it's apparently popular with kids in Japan...
Pip's bad luck is exactly one of my reasons to LOVE him! Just try to enjoy its character, it's really entertaining when you stop to think "OH NO IT'S APPEARING IN EVERY EP!!!!111"

I liked how Dawn used almost ALL of her Poké! Only Cynda didn't appear
And Brock used both Croagunk and Happiny!

some ones already put this on youtube,i cant find one with the greatest day theme

I agree, the piplup abuse is showcasing how piplup could actually be considered Dawn's funniest pokemon. I like Piplup as a character, the only thing is I wish it was used less in battles to showcase Dawn's other pokes...

Just try to enjoy its character, it's really entertaining when you stop to think "OH NO IT'S APPEARING IN EVERY EP!!!!111"

That's what I've been doing since the writers gave him his brat personality back a few months ago. The abuse is just icing on the cake. :-D

The best part for me was the Potchama abuse at the end. I know it's been going on for awhile now, but it seems the writers finally got the message that a lot of us are sick of the damn thing, so now we get to see it abused all the time. :-D

Yes, but the Piplup abuse has been going on for the past 20 or so episodes. It's almost as commonplace now as Brock getting stabbed by Croagunk or Team Rocket's motto.
I have a bad feeling that Ash will keep sending out Gible every episode and have it use Draco Meteor only to fulfill the gag.

some ones already put this on youtube,i cant find one with the greatest day theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbLDtw3drh8
(I assume that's ok since people gave links in the OP thread and no one said it's not allowed or something... if that's not allowed then delete the link from this post)

I agree, the piplup abuse is showcasing how piplup could actually be considered Dawn's funniest pokemon. I like Piplup as a character, the only thing is I wish it was used less in battles to showcase Dawn's other pokes...

People seriously exaggerate with Pip, it's not nearly overused as people claim
It may look like it since it appears in every ep, but Pika appears every ep too and Ash sure doesn't overuse it
Pip wasn't used in a Contest at all since Wallace Cup (DP 79) until the Suiren (Lillypad? whatever) Contest (DP 146)
Bunny gets tons of screen time, Mamo couldn't do much when it didn't obey and in the recent months got some focus, Cynda is still new but it also got good screen time for a recent capture and a baby... Pachi was a little neglected but it also was in the focus a few times so it all gets more or less equal eventually

That's what I've been doing since the writers gave him his brat personality back a few months ago. The abuse is just icing on the cake. :-D

Its personality never really disappear... the thing is, when Dawn began her losing streak and lost her confident, it was only logical for Pip to calm down a little and support her
I don't know about you, but I liked seeing Pip being the only one who notice Dawn's depression while others didn't get it (Miltank ep, Galactic Veilstone ep...) and how eventually it caused Dawn to "wake up" when it BubbleBeam'd her in Wallace Cup and then went on and won her the Contest
After that the plot allowed it to showcase its personality more regularely since it didn't need to worry about Dawn

Yes, but the Piplup abuse has been going on for the past 20 or so episodes.

20 ? It's going on for much longer than that! Remember the Rotom ep? and the ep right after it with Mamo? and I'm sure there are a lot of similar examples from earlier eps... but yeah, as the time goes on they like to do it more often

It's almost as commonplace now as Brock getting stabbed by Croagunk or Team Rocket's motto.

I think Pip is much more funny XD

I have a bad feeling that Ash will keep sending out Gible every episode and have it use Draco Meteor only to fulfill the gag.

I guess it'll be done with once Gible perfect Draco Meteor

Don't get me wrong, I adore Piplup as a character and I think it's super funny, it's just that when it's used in battle using the same moves it as since DP22, it gets a little boring to see him battle, but as a character, he's hillarious

I love how Snorlax and Bayleaf cameo'd in this episode, almost seemingly as a nod to Ash's. As well as slight nod with Feraligatr to his Totodile.

It was a weird episode to be sure.

Having enjoyed the music, animation, and comedy gags present in this episode, I don't think I could ever look down on it (even though it's a pretty typical D&P filler).

Piplup said:
I think Pip is much more funny XD
Piplup funnier than Croagunk? Yeah, maybe when it's getting the shit smacked out of it.

I know, I know, Opinions and all of that... But c'mon, Piplup is at its best when physical punishment is involved.

weird indeed, I demand a serch be done on who Happani's father was, cause that thing is too strong.

again, what attack Magno use on Mamoswine? Was it signal beam?

Hmm... Perhaps Mirror Shot? Couldn't be Magnet Bomb as I believe it differs from Alan's Probopass's. I'm trying to go off its learned attacks.

it's just that when it's used in battle using the same moves it as since DP22, it gets a little boring to see him battle

Then what will you say about the poor bunny who still only has the three attacks it knew since DP 9 ?

Piplup funnier than Croagunk? Yeah, maybe when it's getting the shit smacked out of it.

I know, I know, Opinions and all of that... But c'mon, Piplup is at its best when physical punishment is involved.

Yeah, I meant Pip is funny when all these bad things happen to it XD
I like it exactly BECAUSE of this part of its character!

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom