• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP158: Loud Roar! Jibacoil VS Metagross!!

Yeah, I meant Pip is funny when all these bad things happen to it XD
I like it exactly BECAUSE of this part of its character!

I agree actually. It's the fact that Piplup keeps trying so hard that makes it endearing in my opinion.

By the way, is it just me, or is this kind of a Brock episode? Ash and Dawn more or less just followed his orders.

It seems like there has been more and more running gags lately. The fact that Team Rocket being blasted off 3 times (and washed off one time, thrown down one time) WITHOUT any intentions from our friends is funny enough. And there is of course Happiny, Gible, Draco Meteor, and Piplup.

What attack did Magnezone use on Mamoswine? It wasn't mentioned.
The attacks used by Metagross on Monferno were not mentioned either. Sorry but I can't help.

I wonder when Gible's Draco Meteor will be perfected. Maybe they will keep this "Single Draco Meteor" gag running for a while. How many times was Piplup hit by Gible's attack? At least five times I think, counting the deflected shot by Empoleon.

(By the way, I like the Japanese name of Draco Meteor. For those who don't know Japanese, Draco Meteor is "Ryuusei-gun". "Ryuusei" actually means meteor, but "Ryuu" also means dragon, so this move is a play on words, meaning a meteor but with dragon attributes. "Gun" means group. In DP156, Team Rocket laughed at Gible for launching just a "Ryuusei" instead of "Ryuusei-gun" because there was only one meteor, not a group. The writers are going to have a problem translating this in the dub.)

And I can't agree more about Dawn's pokemon having limited movepool. What was the last new move from Dawn's pokemon besides Mamoswine? Was it Super Fang from Pachirisu?

The stupidity of the episode's plot was made up for by the random strands of humour thrown in. Otherwise, the highlight of this ep was obviously the OP :p

Pretty mediocre episode, like others said it was very dialogue heavy. It's an episode best watched subbed and/or dubbed if you don't know Japanese. So I didn't know what to think about it as I didn't understand what was going on all the way through.

Favorite parts of this episode were Pinpuku lifting and throwing an entire frozen lake with ease and the return of blank-faced/expressionless Fukamaru who once again shows his humorous side with having any personality.

OP => spoilers >< (I shouldn't have watched it)

I watch the Japanese version because I understand (most of) it.
Basically the two metal Pokemon need to fight on the mountain because the mountain has too many electromagnetic waves, and the Magnezone on the mountain store too much electricity. In order to release them, they must battle. But since the battle arena is filled with water (because a big rock stops the water from flowing away), Magnezone cannot battle, and they become mad.

I think this explanation makes sense to the whole episode.

By the way, they didn't scan Magnezone on the Pokedex! A big miss in their part.

Yes they did, at the beginning.

Thanks for the clarification, I already understood everything except the part about Magnezone storing too much electricity.

By the way, they didn't scan Magnezone on the Pokedex! A big miss in their part.

Which is odd because, if I recall correctly, they scanned Metagross for the 15th time, did they not? Memory's a little shakey.

Hello, My name is V Faction. Not only am I losing my memory, but I'm also losing my memory.

Rewatched, saw the right stuff, bada-bing bada-boom.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom