• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP159: Roaring Freezing Punch! Buoysel VS Barrierd!!

PKMN_Veteran

Since 97'
Reaction score
DP 159 "Roar, Ice Punch! Buoysel VS Barrierd!!"

[bp=DP159]Bulbapedia link[/bp]

• Barrierd defeats Bouysel after an intense battle
  • Satoshi and Bouysel train at a waterfall
  • Bousyel has ice form on its paw
  • Bouysel makes an attempt to use Ice Punch on a leaf

Airs January 14 at 19:00 JST on TV Tokyo.

Last edited:
Re: DP 159 "Roaring Around! Jibacoil vs. Metagross" Preview Thread

Title...

Looks entirely self explanatory. Punching water and then punching a clown.

Edit-I also find it entirely funny, how had the opening not premiered today as well, this thread would probably already be filled with like 4 pages discussing whether or not Buizel would evolve.

Last edited:
Re: DP 159 "Roar, Ice Punch! Buoysel VS Barrierd!!" Preview Thread

I like how Buizel and Ash are training together, and then moving in sync like Maylene and her pokemon do.

Well given that it's probably the last episode that will focus on buizel before the league, it should be good... But defeating a Mr. Mime... all I have to say is that Mr. Mime better be kick ass to justify it being anywhere near this episode...

Also, I think they should have brought back Candice for this episode instead of the Dawn training one and using random Mr. mime trainer for this ep... Candice using her Medicham to teach Ash's buizel or something to that effect

People really forgot about the preview with the new OP and all. :/

Anyway, this ep looks to have some old fashioned Buizel ass-kickin just like the old times.:p
Hey now, we didn't forget... People have just been talking up a storm with Buizel as its center. I think they're all a little tuckered out, heh heh.

Maybe the preview was simply too accurate and confirmed what everyone was thinking: Buizel fights Mr. Mime, Buizel loses, Buizel retrains, Buizel gets Ice Punch. Had we not gotten that sneak preview a few weeks ago I'm sure the excitement would've carried over to this speculation thread.

Eventually it devolves into "Buizel should/shouldn't evolve" arguements anyway, so I'm not that eager to start discussing it.

I can't wait for this episode.

Hey now, we didn't forget... People have just been talking up a storm with Buizel as its center. I think they're all a little tuckered out, heh heh.

Maybe the preview was simply too accurate and confirmed what everyone was thinking: Buizel fights Mr. Mime, Buizel loses, Buizel retrains, Buizel gets Ice Punch. Had we not gotten that sneak preview a few weeks ago I'm sure the excitement would've carried over to this speculation thread..

Yeah, I hate it when they almost show the entire episode during the preview... not much left to the imagination now.

Must...see...screenshots...

Seems like a nice episode, but we've been spoiled that Buizel won't ever evolve, so it kinda kills excitement. :/

I actually prefer Buizel of Floatzel.

I'm actually ok with either buizel or Floatzel (I prefer the desgin of the former though) and as far as being disappointed it's not evolving, well I was never expecting it to evolved in the first place and it getting ice punch sealed the deal for me... Buizel learns a new move, goes back into obscurity until the league, wins a few battles in the League, gets Oaked, that's the way it should be...

The writers are not going to Oak Buizel because it is Ash's main water type Pokemon and i don't know why some of you think Buizel need to evolve because he don't, Floatzel is not all that great anyways but his design its ok, but Buizel have a much better design then Floatzel do.

The writers are not going to Oak Buizel because it is Ash's main water type Pokemon and i don't know why some of you think Buizel need to evolve because he don't, Floatzel is not all that great anyways but his design its ok, but Buizel have a much better design then Floatzel do.

Sorry, I forgot, Ash is gonna bring Buizel with him wherever he goes he'll replace pikachu as the mascot of all things pokemon and never evolve... I got the message the first gazillion time you said it...

Ash's buizel was heavily featured in the beginning of Sinnoh, but now not so much... it's nice they focus on buizel now adn afterwards, they'll focus less on him and on Monferno and Grotle (for their evolution), afterwards, Ash will fight for his eighth badge and probably won't receive much focus until the league where it will have it's time to shine... Afterwards, I mean after the league in september or october, then he'll probably be oaked but still used once or twice in whatever filler saga they decide to do... It's not the end of the world...

Last edited:

Don't get all bitter Jolteon.

I think this episode might close the show on buizel, not saying it's gonna get released, I'm just saying that this might be the last adjustment the writers are gonna give to buizel until he gets oaked or evolves or something.

Sorry if my somewhat dark sense of humour and heavy reliance on sarcasm is mistaken for bitterness... Basically, I totally agree with you Charitard

I hope this episode will be at least a little interesting... I couldn't care less about Buizel that is.

I usually skip episodes that are like this (I consider them filler because I don't care how they learned the moves. Level up. Learn move. Done. That's how the games do it.) but I like Buizel and I like Ice Punch, so I suppose I'll watch this.

Buizel its fine the way he its, there its no reason for him to become a damn stupid Floatzel people need to get over it and i also forgot you can never please the fans because they are always finding something to make a big deal out of things.

I usually skip episodes that are like this (I consider them filler because I don't care how they learned the moves. Level up. Learn move. Done. That's how the games do it.) but I like Buizel and I like Ice Punch, so I suppose I'll watch this.

Fillers are episodes where there is no development at all. Buizel learning Ice Punch is a development, no matter how boring it sounds game-vise.

Will I watch this episode? I'm not sure, but I probably won't.

Fillers are episodes where there is no development at all. Buizel learning Ice Punch is a development, no matter how boring it sounds game-vise.

Will I watch this episode? I'm not sure, but I probably won't.

Am I talking about your definition of filler?

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom