• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP161/162 titles

Its not like it needs an arc for it, I think if they were going to do a Pokethlon arc, it would have been when Kazu and Kotone were around.

Yeah but a single episode, to introduce it, and show all the events? It looks like the writers just picked a random Pokethelon event and created an episode around it. It's going to be pretty boring if you ask me if only because it's going to be rushed like crazy.

Edit: And who could be confused about what episode the Buizel episode is?

Seriously, I'm not joking, think about it, there would be an episode missing. After all DP157 is the Gible capture episode. DP158 is Magnezone, DP160 is Buizel? WHAT! Then what the heck is DP159? Seriously there is no reason to be making these mistakes. The Pokethelon yes, after all we thought it would be DP159 but when DP158 is revealed to be Magnezone, and the next episode revealed is to the Buizel episode. We just don't skip suddenly to DP160, even if you thought DP159 was the Pokethelon, since you know the Buizel episode airs the week after DP158, which should be the biggest clue.

Last edited:
That's what makes me think there will be a couple more Pokethlon eps in the future. Giving only a single episode to cover a new sidequest that has multiple events in it sounds odd.

Maybe one or two more Pokethlon eps before the league.

Zoey has all her ribbons and Jessie (albeit through James) was the opponent last Contest. I highly doubt that Kenny's showing up again so soon after his last one (Sandalstraw, wasn't it?) so that only leaves one person...

Watch it be Ursula.

If Dawn will lose again it will be ridicules, isn't it?

If Dawn will lose again it will be ridicules, isn't it?

No, she's a human, she's a young girl, she's a beginner, she isn't the best
It's only realistic and more interesting when she actually lose instead of just winning almost all her Contests like May did
The last double performance Contest she failed at the performance, it'd make sense to let her pass it this time to prove she improved and then let her lose the battles to let her and the viewers understand that she still has long way to go
But I guess it is likely she'll win as we're very close to the end of this saga... but I'm sure if they'd want, they can let her lose

Hopefully,Nozomi will be watching for hikari in this contest^^
And I think that they are giving Hikari a win this time.
I'm just concerned about Mussashi!I really want her to win the final two ribbons!It'd be awesome to let her compete in the GF.

Hopefully,Nozomi will be watching for hikari in this contest^^
And I think that they are giving Hikari a win this time.
I'm just concerned about Mussashi!I really want her to win the final two ribbons!It'd be awesome to let her compete in the GF.

She most likely will. If she isn't, then she is out preparing for the Grand Festival herself.
Although Dawn participated for her fifth ribbon twice, this is the first one with "Double Performance/Battle" rules. As a result, I think Dawn is going to be given the win.
If the writers are planning for Jessalina to participate in the Grand Festival, they might as well have her win ribbons against miscallenous characters while Ash and co. are in Sunyshore (it will probably be a long story arc).

I doubt Jessie will get all 5 ribbons, but she should get at least 4
If Dawn win Asatsuki, Jessie should win a Contest before then (can happen in the Pokéthlon ep or something) so it'd be Dawn VS Jessie on the final ribbon
If Dawn lose Asatsuki - then either Jessie win (which I doubt will happen, at best she'd advance more in battles than Dawn) or Jessie win a different Contest after Asatsuki and before Dawn's final one

Jessie really should have gotten her 4th ribbon by now, off-screen like she got the second one.

I really don't know what the writers are planning for her. I thought Jessie would have 4 by Dawn's last contest, but I guess that isn't the case.

Its surprising that they're keeping us guessing about Jessie till the very end. It could still go either way.

I agree with Marcus_Chiaki about Ursula...I think Ursula is going to win this one.
I wait for DP 158 to be sure. If Ursula appears in the new opening alongside with dawn's other rivals, she'll win. Because that will mean she's not a CotD, and so she'll need a victory against dawn to settle as a good rival for her.
Yeah Dawn loosing to Urara in the finals seems a good idea, and then 4-5 episodes later dawn will finally win her last ribbon.

It's not like Ursula has to beat Dawn to be a recurring rival... Harley lost to May 3 times in a row until he finally beat her once only to lose to her next time once again...

I honestly don't think we'll see Ursula again, sorry. Especially since she has a Gabite, a Pokemon Ash will likely get prior to Sinnoh's end.

But I agree with the new opening in January it should show all the rivals, so we'll know for sure by then.

Even if someone isn't in the OP - that doesn't mean anything
Ursula might return even if she isn't in the OP - we really can't know until it happens
If Jessiebelle can return after more than 10 years, anyone can return

Well if it's not Ursula this time, I hate to say it, but Nando is the only possibility left. Dawn's fifth Ribbon isn't going to come against Jessie, who she effectively faced last time, or a random one-shot.

I didn't find a thread for 159 Buizel's ep so I'll post it here (and when will someone correct this thread's title to 160-161?)

From Pokéani: http://pokeani.com/cbbs/cbbs.cgi?mode=al2&namber=2489&rev=&no=4
(The Japanese mess up the post because this forum's weird problem, so just read the Cyndaquil avater post there)

Google translate doesn't make any sense from this, but get the word "mistake" there... and clearly say something about Dawn and ribbon...
I know it's unlikely and don't want to begin crazy baseless speculation but... is there any chance Buizel will regret the trade and return to Dawn? 0__0 I can't see how else mistake/Dawn/ribbon fit into this ep
...I'll laugh so much if Ash give Buizel back and gets Riolu, the fans' reaction will be hilarious XD
*run away and hide in a place no one will ever find me*

Last edited:
I'll find you cause now we have to deal with other ramblings. I always find them.

She's probably continuing the Mamo/Cynda training in the Buizel ep too.

I hope Mamoswine gets redemption in this contest, it deserves one win before the Grand Festival.

Dawn's fifth Ribbon isn't going to come against Jessie, who she effectively faced last time, or a random one-shot.
I actually think it's very likely that Hikari's 5th ribbon will come from Musashi! Having developped Musashi's role in the contest arc so very much in DP, I find it extremely hard to believe that she'll lose her chance to enter the GF in a quiet and random way.

I didn't find a thread for 159 Buizel's ep so I'll post it here (and when will someone correct this thread's title to 160-161?)

From Pokéani: http://pokeani.com/cbbs/cbbs.cgi?mode=al2&namber=2489&rev=&no=4
(The Japanese mess up the post because this forum's weird problem, so just read the Cyndaquil avater post there)

Google translate doesn't make any sense from this, but get the word "mistake" there... and clearly say something about Dawn and ribbon...
I know it's unlikely and don't want to begin crazy baseless speculation but... is there any chance Buizel will regret the trade and return to Dawn? 0__0 I can't see how else mistake/Dawn/ribbon fit into this ep
...I'll laugh so much if Ash give Buizel back and gets Riolu, the fans' reaction will be hilarious XD
*run away and hide in a place no one will ever find me*

You jump to conclusions too fast.

There was a mistake on pokemon.co.jp's description of DP159, where a third, additional sentence stated that Hikari was going for a ribbon. This mistake has been acknowledged and the sentence is now removed.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom