• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP161/162 titles

You jump to conclusions too fast.

There was a mistake on pokemon.co.jp's description of DP159, where a third, additional sentence stated that Hikari was going for a ribbon. This mistake has been acknowledged and the sentence is now removed.

Ok XD
I wasn't really serious there... though I had a little 10% doubt that it might actually happen - I learned to expect the unexpected... "It's DP, EVERYTHING can happen" XD

What would be interesting is finding out if this contest is a 2-parter. I don't think the last contest of the region (for Dawn at least) should be only one part.

I actually think it's very likely that Hikari's 5th ribbon will come from Musashi!

Well that's not surprising, but she just lost to "Jessie" last time. The only way she's getting a fifth Ribbon off of Jessie is if she loses Akatsuki.

Even if someone isn't in the OP - that doesn't mean anything
Ursula might return even if she isn't in the OP - we really can't know until it happens
If Jessiebelle can return after more than 10 years, anyone can return

Agree. Dawn must have a mean rivel, especially in the GF.

dsav.jpg

Seems like the main opponent this time around is a one-shot with Plusle/Minun.

Hell, I have bad feelings about that Contest. It's only one-parter and now... Plusle & Minun? I don't know, maybe that's just me.

I hope that the Pokethlon is good. And that Kobushi appears. The moar game karaktorz the betteru.

Plusle and Minun! ^__^ They're really fitting for double performance/battle
Can't wait!

I really can't see Hikari winning her fifth ribbon from some new person, and yet she's doing double battle stuff again... I don't get it, unless all the writers want is for us to see she can do appeals.

I really can't see Hikari winning her fifth ribbon from some new person, and yet she's doing double battle stuff again... I don't get it, unless all the writers want is for us to see she can do appeals.

Wait I'm confused. Wouldn't it make more sense to win her last ribbon against a new rival? Who is she suppose to win it from?

Wait I'm confused. Wouldn't it make more sense to win her last ribbon against a new rival? Who is she suppose to win it from?

Musashi would be ideal, but I think some known person like Urara would be more interesting. Winning your fifth from some new person sounds boring to me. (And before someone brings up AG, keep in mind I'm only about half way done, so I haven't seen Haruka get all her ribbons yet.)

Musashi would be ideal, but I think some known person like Urara would be more interesting. Winning your fifth from some new person sounds boring to me. (And before someone brings up AG, keep in mind I'm only about half way done, so I haven't seen Haruka get all her ribbons yet.)

Oh. I wouldn't mind a new rival. Dawn has battled Jessie quite a lot and seeing Yanmega, Carnivine, Seviper, and Team Rocket's Pokemon can get tiring after awhile though.

Someone new would be interesting and we can see new Pokemon battle.

Personal bias aside, I think Hikari getting her fifth from Musashi would be fitting since she lost to "her" last time. Since Musashi most likely wont make the Grand Festival, this would her only chance for a revenge battle until the filler arc. I don't think a revenge battle would be as interesting if it was that far off.

She could win it here. Three losses in a row would be overkill, especially now at the end when Dawn is supposed to be improving.

Sometimes I think the writers are stretching out the contest arc just for the sake of it. Giving Dawn losses early on made sense, but now that we're at the end, shouldn't she be stronger now instead of losing 3 contests in a row?

That's why I think she'll win here.

She could win it here. Three losses in a row would be overkill, especially now at the end when Dawn is supposed to be improving.

Passing the performance round = improving

shouldn't she be stronger now instead of losing 3 contests in a row?

She IS stronger
She's NOT unbeatable

It can go either way... I'd like her to pass the performance to prove she did improve but then lose at the battle to prove she still has long way to go

I want her to lose as well. Cause I can't see her winning a double battle which is supposed to be considered an important feat for her, by beating a one off.

So in other words, you guys want the Contest arc to still be drawn out till after Sunyshore.

Then we're *really* not going to be done with Sinnoh before the 13th movie.

I really hope this is the last contest. We already know Dawn's determined to fail and fail and fail and fail and fail and fail and fail and fail again until she gets it right, but the rest of Sinnoh would be stretched to a ridiculous length.

I just want to get to the Grand Festival as quick as possible.

So in other words, you guys want the Contest arc to still be drawn out till after Sunyshore.

Then we're *really* not going to be done with Sinnoh before the 13th movie.
While I know it sounds a bit stupid, do really see dawn finished with her ribbons before the 8th gym?

As if it changes anything if we'll get another Contest or not
A Contest is one or two episodes, it won't change anything for the length of the saga if she'll have another Contest after this one -_-
And I'm not in a rush to anywhere... I don't care if we're in Sinnoh for one more ep or for 325234 more eps, I simply enjoy instead of thinking too much

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom