• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP161/162 titles

dsav.jpg

Seems like the main opponent this time around is a one-shot with Plusle/Minun.

RSE remakes!!!11!1!!!

Jokes aside, Plusle and Minun...really meh. The contest just became a lot less interesting to look forward to.

Jokes aside, Plusle and Minun...really meh. The contest just became a lot less interesting to look forward to.

Don't be so negative J-J-M. I'm positive that Plusle will be a plus to have. Though I do agree having Minun in there will subtract from the performance.

Personally I'm neutral on the subject.

^LOL.

Honestly, having Plusle and Minun as the opponents makes it a bit more interesting to me. It is a double performance right? And those two were basically made to be comrades to each other in double battles right? Dawn could be given an intersting challenge here.

Don't be so negative J-J-M. I'm positive that Plusle will be a plus to have. Though I do agree having Minun in there will subtract from the performance.

Personally I'm neutral on the subject.

XDDD

^LOL.

Honestly, having Plusle and Minun as the opponents makes it a bit more interesting to me. It is a double performance right? And those two were basically made to be comrades to each other in double battles right? Dawn could be given an intersting challenge here.

Exactly! Plusle and Minun are perfect for double battle/performance
I really can't see what's the problem here

Its just that Plusle/Minun have had so many appearances in the anime. Two separate fillers in Hoenn, they were in the Deoxys movie, Solana had a Plusle, etc.

They were forced and failed Pikachu mascots last gen and we care even less about them now.

I like Plusle and Minun so I'm glad they're appearing, especially since they were pretty much made for events like this. I just hope Dawn doesn't lose again. Three losses in a row is a little much, IMO. D: But I won't make a big deal out of it if she doesn't win.

Looks like the pokethon will be changed like what the did with contests, seems strange how they didn't show Ash use Pikachu.

It's the fusion of Max and Conway!

Anyway, watch Ash win this thing on his first try, like the Pokeringer.

Weavile is thinking... "That show off. Does he really think he can jump higher than me?!!"
Hitmonlee is thinking... "Scrawny legs. What a lame Fighting-type. I'm x10 better!"
Mankey is thinking... "All always be the best monkey! Get out of here you copy!"
Monferno is thinking... "Hot Burning Monkey Desire!"

Tough crowd.

Its kinda disappointing the Pokethlon seems to be treated as a throw-away event, when in the games its basically the HGSS equivilant of Contests.

Its shocking that Contests remain in the anime for like 8 years, yet something like the Pokethlon is getting one or two measly eps about it.

Its shocking that Contests remain in the anime for like 8 years, yet something like the Pokethlon is getting one or two measly eps about it.

It's not shocking at all, most of us expected that...
Contests in the anime are now as important as Gyms
Contests are a way for them to appeal more to girls
Pokéthlon isn't girly at all (if not even the opposite) and they have absolutely no reason to randomly remove half of this show's plot (Contests)
I don't know why some people thought Pokéthlon will be anything special in the anime... I always said they'll probably make it similar to these random competitions

I still don't know if this contest will be 2 eps. i guess not.

What? 0.0 really? what exactly he said?

It could be true. he said in the end "more" (japanese: 以上)

I can't read much other than the names of Volkner, Monferno and Infernape
Someone who knows better should check out what exactly he said and if it's just speculation or actually real

And when will someone bother to correct this thread's title? these titles are for 160-161, not 161-162 =\

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom