• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP162

You guys must be fucking joking me.....just cause the twats at Serebii are more close minded then a ducks arse is tight doesn't mean its fake. I trust the OP more then them cause I doubt (s)he would be lying. Wait Pokeani....is down? Oh damn this is going to be real fun.

http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=432727
I know the info was fake, but in hilarity the titles are similar.

I was just thinking the same thing...

Well, my thoughts are the same as when the fake titles were announced. Looks like this is Hikari's last Contest. :-( Maybe we can get a Musashi episode next that wraps up her arc?

Also noticeable is that Tomioka (the head writer of the D/P series), is in charge of both contest episodes.

He writes almost every Contest episode anyway.

Yes. This is fake. Serebii says that 2chan (source) deleted info.

Wrong. I'm staring at it right now.

It was going to be real either way. I mean this was always seen as the final contest.

There hasn't been any hype about this being the last contest, right? Wasn't there something like that in Hoenn and Kanto, or do I remember wrong?

And Piplup still wants another lose -_-

I can want whatever I want
Also, this being 2 eps doesn't mean she wins for sure - but as I said I know it's likely she will win
I'm not in a rush to anywhere and as I see it, it'd be great to see Dawn simply pass the performance - only that would be enough to prove how much she improved since Hearthome... then she can lose the battles and understand that she still has long way to go

There hasn't been any hype about this being the last contest, right? Wasn't there something like that in Hoenn and Kanto, or do I remember wrong?

They both had the final contest being "the absolutely final chance you have of winning your last ribbon before the Grand Festival starts", with various amounts of drama surrounding this. The Houen one had Haruka have trouble getting to the site of the contest in time, while the Kanto one had Harley attempting sabotage to prevent her from getting the last ribbon.
This contest hasn't had anything like that surrounding it yet, though there's still some weeks left to hype it up as critical.

And, if you ask me, such a plot is unfounded and lame. 4 Ribbons left and it's the final Contest showdown? What're the odds!? And they did it twice with May. Okay, the first time it was a clever ploy, but couldn't it have been a regular contest that was semi-close to the start of the Grand Festival?

That's what I hope this is. It's never explicitly stated how many Contest Halls there are out in the region, but it's definitely a LARGE amount if each coordinator needs 5 and they only hold one contest per year/per Grand Festival. Just as it wasn't impossible for May to be participating in the very last Contest, it's not impossible for Dawn to be participating in a completely run-of-the-mill contest either.

Though granted she's been pretty good at losing, so maybe it HAS come down to the wire. I suppose I'll shut up and wait for the episode. It looks to be a good one if a 2-parter is any indication. And it's Plusle and Minun like the scan we saw a couple of days ago teased us with.

Pros
- Plusle

Cons
- Minun

Now that its a 2-parter I agree this is very likely the last contest. Mamoswine/Cynda will probably be the victors.

So then we're down to Jessie, with only 3 ribbons. Unless Jessie somehow gets two ribbons after this, I guess she's on the cutting room floor for GF time.

I see Jessie's coordinatorness as hopefully meaning that this won't be the final final contest before the GF. I'm still banking on her somehow coming across 2 more, and at least one of those would have to come after this episode.

It's the last contest for Dawn, at any rate.

I suppose they could quickly show Jessie enter more contests briefly (like how she got her second ribbon), without dedicating an entire ep to it.

Anybody else thinks it would somewhat be a cheap win for Dawn. I mean, mamoswin is part groud type, so electric attacks aren't supposed to do anything (except if they pull a "aim for the tusks" thing that suddenly makes a ground type lose their immunity à la rhyhorn)... unless Dawn only uses Mamoswine and cyndaquil for the appeal round and piplup and pachi for the battle round (but then again, why she would use her water pokemon against two electric pokemons beats me)... That and the fact that either of those scenarios would mean that buneary wouldn't be used, which begs the question : Has it done anything since the Hearthome collection episode?

Something about this is not quite right with me... But I agree, I don't see the writers doing a two-parter just to showcase Dawn's third loss in a row, she's winning this...

If Pachirisu could go toe to toe with a gabite, nothing is going to stop the rabbit twins from being able to face down Mamoswine.

I know it's likely for Dawn to win this given it's a two parter but still she's going to have to earn the ribbon the hard way.

Anybody else thinks it would somewhat be a cheap win for Dawn. I mean, mamoswin is part groud type, so electric attacks aren't supposed to do anything (except if they pull a "aim for the tusks" thing that suddenly makes a ground type lose their immunity à la rhyhorn)...

It's a Contest - Plusle and Minun don't HAVE to defeat Mamo and Cynda, they can win by points if they're good with beautiful attack combinations and can dodge and so on...

unless Dawn only uses Mamoswine and cyndaquil for the appeal round and piplup and pachi for the battle round

I really hope Pip/Pachi will do the performance to make up for their Hearthome failure

(but then again, why she would use her water pokemon against two electric pokemons beats me)...

Remember we usually see only the last battle but actually Dawn battle other Coordinators before, so she can't be sure against who she'll battle
Unless they can use different Poké in each battle in this Contest similar to Wallace...

That and the fact that either of those scenarios would mean that buneary wouldn't be used,

If they alllow different Poké in each battle and actually bother to show us more than one battle, there's hope for the bunny

which begs the question : Has it done anything since the Hearthome collection episode?

It's appearing a lot, that's for sure... it's Dawn's most used (or at least seen) Pokémon after Piplup! even the current ending show it with the three mascots, as if it's one of them too (it also found its way to a lot of other endings like the Spiky-Eared Pichu and Kazu no Message)
I also remember the bunny successfully did the performance in the Chocovine Contest (the one with Ursula)

Personally I'm just hoping Plusle and Minun don't have iron tail. If they feel the need to use them please have them do something abit original.

It's a Contest - Plusle and Minun don't HAVE to defeat Mamo and Cynda, they can win by points if they're good with beautiful attack combinations and can dodge and so on...
Color me unconvinced... even if the contests are about more than knocking out the other pokemon... that stil plays a part and it's not just about who makes the most beautiful attacks (appeal round) but about using those beautiful attacks and strategies in battle... The thing is, even if the two make beautiful attacks, if they don't cause any damage to Mamoswine, they won't score as many points...
Remember we usually see only the last battle but actually Dawn battle other Coordinators before, so she can't be sure against who she'll battle
Unless they can use different Poké in each battle in this Contest similar to Wallace...
If they alllow different Poké in each battle and actually bother to show us more than one battle, there's hope for the bunny
That's a whole lot of ifs
It's appearing a lot, that's for sure... it's Dawn's most used (or at least seen) Pokémon after Piplup! even the current ending show it with the three mascots, as if it's one of them too (it also found its way to a lot of other endings like the Spiky-Eared Pichu and Kazu no Message)
I also remember the bunny successfully did the performance in the Chocovine Contest (the one with Ursula)

Agreed, it's appered a lot, but in contests it's usually used in the appeal rounds, as opposed to the battles...

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom