• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP162

LOL, is Dawn going to get a new Pokemon after all her contests are over? What the hell is Togekiss going to do?

This is going to sound silly, but I'm wondering if Musashi might win this contest. So far everyone has helped her get a ribbon except Sonansu, Manene, and Habunake. I can see Habunake being saved for her last one, but a double performance seems like Sonansu's only chance to help her get a ribbon.

Togekiss can help out in Grand Festival, Scott.

Who knows, maybe Musashi wins this one...Even if she doesn't, she can always get her ribbons another time. She can try to kick Jasmine's ass in Sunnyshore Contest, LOL

From the new OP, looks like Musashi's going to the GF... but from these eps, it looks like Hikari's gonna win her final ribbon here. Wtf is going on? :p

From the new OP, looks like Musashi's going to the GF... but from these eps, it looks like Hikari's gonna win her final ribbon here. Wtf is going on? :p

It's still possible that Dawn lose
Also, even if Dawn wins - no one said this is the last Contest so Jessie still has chance

All is fine except...Plusle and Minun don't fit Urara in any way.

Hopefully this isn't the situation they had with May and be the last contest before the GF either way Dawn might lose her another contest for the fifth time.

So Ursula already return for the upcoming Contest?! great!
At first when I read that Plusle and Minun are her's I thought it'll be a little weird to see them with Gabite but then I thought that it's not really different from Dawn having Mamo and her group of plushies
It's nice that she use both Mamo and Cynda for both rounds, though I wanted to see Pip/Pachi make up for their last failure... but I guess that's saved for the GF?

Man, they sure are going out of their way to avoid one-shots this generation, huh? What are the chances that anyone would face these same few people in just about every contest they participate in, and the grand festival? It's a small world!

That said, nice to see Ulala back again. She's definately no Harley, but hey, it's about time there were some ill feelings between rivals during these things, especially from the all important 5th ribbon. Hopefully we'll see some real bitchness from her side, ie. intentionally trying to get her pokemon to wind up Mamoswine in hopes that it'll go berserk and give her the upper hand. Mamo screwing up as much as it did last time seems like perfect ammo for someone who deems Hikari's wins flukes, afterall!

Man, they sure are going out of their way to avoid one-shots this generation, huh? What are the chances that anyone would face these same few people in just about every contest they participate in, and the grand festival? It's a small world!

But isn't it better this way? Personally it seems to me much more interesting when all the rivals actually return rather than being in one episode (or two at best) then forgotten
Also, we did get at least Lila who seems to be a one shot (though I won't be surprised if she'll appear again outside of Contests) and if you count him then there's Kyle too

I just thought about something...
Jubilife: Zoey won, beat Dawn/Ash/Jessie
Floaroma: Dawn won, beat Jessie/Kenny
Hearthome: Nando won, beat Zoey/Jessie and inderictly beat Dawn too since he passed the performance while she didn't
Solaceon: Jessie won, she and Kenny pass the performance while Dawn didn't
Wallace Cup: Dawn won, beat Kyle/May
Celestic: Dawn won, beat Lila
Chocovine: Dawn won, beat Ursula
Sandlestraw(?): Kenny won, beat Dawn
Lillypad(?): "Jessie" won, beat Dawn

See? if to ignore the performance and only look at the battles, Dawn lost to Jessie, Zoey and Kenny
She didn't really lose to Nando but he did pass the performance over her and went on to win the whole Contest and he also beat her in a battle outside Contest
Ursula is the only one who never beat Dawn

I think it makes sense for Ursula to win now to establish her as a serious rival to Dawn
If even Jessie is shown as a real rival now who can actually beat Dawn - why would they showcase Ursula as a "loser"?
I really expect Ursula to win this
Now I think they're going to stretch Sinnoh even longer than what we thought... I won't be surprised if the final eps of Sinnoh will only air at the very end of 2010
If that's the case, they'll have more than enough time to make two quick Contest wins for Jessie and one full Contest for Dawn's final ribbon

Well if Urara does win and Sinnoh goes up to the end of the year....no way would the filler saga last only 9 months. I'm really expecting a long period now.

either way Dawn might lose her another contest for the fifth time.
If she lost again, it would be for the sixth time (seventh if including the unofficial contest).

why would they showcase Ursula as a "loser"?
For the same reason they did it with Harley. He had lost to May for three time before he won in their second Kanto confrontation. It would be even more justifiable this time around since Dawn has so many other rivals who have won against her or been implied to be ahead of her.

The last time Dawn had a losing streak, the problem wasn't with any particular Pokémon. If she lost here, it would be Mamoswine's second loss in a Contest battle. Some might consider that to be good development, but it seems to me that most people would find it overdone.

She will have her inevitable big loss in the Grand Festival. There doesn't need to be a two-parter about another loss of hers.

Sinnoh's been all about Losing, dusting yourself off, and coming back for another beating. Been that way since the very start. If Dawn is destined to lose out here, then that's that. Time to head off to the next contest.

If she lost again, it would be for the sixth time (seventh if including the unofficial contest).

I don't really see anything bad in that
She's a 10 years old beginner girl
There are 436435623 other Coordinators in Sinnoh
It only makes sense she won't be able to win every second Contest she enter

For the same reason they did it with Harley. He had lost to May for three time before he won in their second Kanto confrontation.

Ursula is much less "evil" than Harley, she even complimented Dawn (not in a really nice way but still) for her win when she left
I don't think the writers will make her lose all the time like Harley

would be even more justifiable this time around since Dawn has so many other rivals who have won against her or been implied to be ahead of her.

But it's much more interesting when the rival really are advanced or at least equal to the heroes
To see Dawn beat her a second time before the GF would be pretty ridiculous, especially since JESSIE was able to beat her... Jessie can but Ursula can't?

The last time Dawn had a losing streak, the problem wasn't with any particular Pokémon. If she lost here, it would be Mamoswine's second loss in a Contest battle. Some might consider that to be good development, but it seems to me that most people would find it overdone.

It IS good development
Dawn will pass the performance and make it to the final battle, unlike Hearthome when she failed at the performance
It'll prove she improved a lot since then
And then the lose will also make it clear to both Dawn and the viewers that she still has a long way to go

She will have her inevitable big loss in the Grand Festival. There doesn't need to be a two-parter about another loss of hers.

Why not? She's a human, she can lose
I usually agree with you but I actually like Dawn's story of learning to deal with loses
Also, if I'm not wrong, in the first of the three Galactic final episodes when Dawn hear about the Asatsuki Contest, she said something like "and if I lose, I'll just try again!" (though someone who better understand Japanese or watched a subbed version should check this out)
It could be a hint to what's going to happen in this Contest

I'm more thinking of Urara losing again here. Instead she takes the win in the Grand Festival.

C'mon... Zoey beating Dawn in the GF is just too predictable. I'm really expecting Dawn to win over her and then move on to Urara where she'll lose.

I simply think that the writers should not create circumstances where every opponent Dawn faces in the Grand Festival has already gained the upper hand over her in the past. It is not needed when there are as many as five rivals. I would personally find it much more original if Ursula were viewed as the weak rival and made a surprising comeback in the Grand Festival, winning against Dawn. Since someone is bound to beat Dawn in the Grand Festival, I'd like it to be an underdog.

Whatever the case, I don't want them to head back to Hearthome City after Sunyshore Gym. If Dawn did lose here, then I'd like her next Contest to take place on the Battle Zone island, where I expect the Grand Festival will be held.

I guess it is possible for Ursula to lose now and beat Dawn in the GF... I don't know
Anyway, I'd like to see Dawn beat Zoey in the GF too... especially with the bunny getting revenge on Glameow
I wanted Bunny/Ambi together to beat Glameow as revenge on Jubilife but now I guess it won't happen... but at least Bunny is still here
I also don't expect anymore to see Ambi in this GF since Dawn will already have a full team by then so it won't be needed
I still hope for Vermilion City before going to Johto...

I think she will loss to Ursula. i mean, Dawn getting her two final ribbons vs the same person, could be?

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom