• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP163 - Infernape

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a summary on serebii forums, and Barry will say to Ash that he got Volkner's badge, strange. maybe he already got his last badge?

I smell a writers brain freeze here. How are they gonna explain the fact that Volkner is depressed if Barry just beat him ? Volkner isn't depressed because an opponent beats him, he's supposed to be depressed because he just defeats opponents without any real effort. Seems fishy to me...

maybe there's more to Barry's "Victory" as some people over at serebii have speculated he might not have tried against Barry which is why he won.

Makes sense. If he isn't into the battle, he is going to lose. And he doesn't care.

Still, in his in-game persona, what he lacks is a the thrill of battle because he is above all Sinnoh trainers (He speaks about challenging the Elite 4) which means he always gives it a 100% but nobody is able to match him in power and quality... until main character does it by putting him in a corner and defeating him... Ultimately what Volkner wants is to have to think on his feet and take decisions, feel like he and his pokemon are challenged...

Now Barry defeating him would do all that. I don't know... I'm more into a "always tries his best but fails to meet his match" Volkner than @throws in the towel cause he's so jaded" Volkner...

By the way, 1- Does Barry explicitely mentionned winning his eight badge in Sunyshore or just having eight badges ? 2- Is the one who posted that over on Serebii reliable ?

By the way, 1- Does Barry explicitely mentionned winning his eight badge in Sunyshore or just having eight badges ?
Actually I think it's just the Beacon Badge Barry wins I don't think its confirmed yet that he has all eight badges, but we'll see in about a week.

I find it hard to believe that after less than 10 episodes Barry managed to get all eight, I know he doesn't have someone like Dawn to get in his way but even still.

2- Is the one who posted that over on Serebii reliable ?
Sushi? Of course she is, in my opinion she rivals Dogasu in terms of "translations of the Japanese language" prowess but that's just in my opinion, I could be wrong.

Actually I think it's just the Beacon Badge Barry wins I don't think its confirmed yet that he has all eight badges, but we'll see in about a week.

I find it hard to believe that after less than 10 episodes Barry managed to get all eight, I know he doesn't have someone like Dawn to get in his way but even still.

i'm gonna laugh if he still hasn't defeated Fantina yet.

Between his appearance during the twinleaf arc and the gible capture episode he had enough time to score three badges yes since he was using a bike. (that Gible devoued) he probably went ahead and went to sunnyshore seeing as it was closer, and will more than likely still have to get Fantina's badge later.

That's of course assuming he doesn't have all eight badges.

i'm gonna laugh if he still hasn't defeated Fantina yet.
It could be about priorities, he was probably closer to Sunyshore City than Hearthome (as you said), and the only reason he hasn't beaten her is because she's never there.

Between his appearance during the twinleaf arc and the gible capture episode he had enough time to score three badges yes since he was using a bike. (that Gible devoued) he probably went ahead and went to sunnyshore seeing as it was closer, and will more than likely still have to get Fantina's badge later.

Considering the Gible episode is the only time he mentioned his badges since Ash looked at his badge case in his debut, it's possible that he had until then to get all six badges. I kind of doubt he spent all his time trying to beat Fantina and then after the twinleaf festival he decided to say "screw it for now" and earn three badges, possible yes, but doubtful.

What did Monferno get? Like 5 episodes of screentime?

The pacing of evolutions in DP has really bothered me. Both Turtwig and Chimchar stayed in their first forms way too long, and now their middle forms are rushed. But Grotle actually got good screentime, why is Monferno being rushed?

Charmeleon got even less. It felt like 3 episodes from where it evolved fighting Exeggutaur, fought a lame-ass Paris, and then evolved while getting pissed off at a Aerodactyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom