• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP163 - Infernape

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw where has it been confirmed that Infernape will learn Brick Break?
edit: oh ok i see

I wonder if that means 164-165 will be Torterra and Togekiss?

I don't know it would really feel like the writers are rushing things if they do an evo ep followed by a capture ep and another evo ep... I see torterra possibly evolving in Sunnyshore in the battle against Volkner or right before... I don't know, it feels like it needs a couple of other filler episodes... Plus, I think Dawn will capture it as a togetic and evolve it later with a shiny stone (implies that we do a Dawn finds shiny stone ep)

Shinji reappears!

The stupid monkey evolves!

This is going to be epic! if writers won't screw up, that is

Wow, I didn't think we'd get Infernape this soon. Sounds exciting though! Although it would've been nice to see more of Monferno, at least it's not as rushed as Piloswine's evolution to Mamoswine.

I can't wait! Infernape seems to be very promising and if Paul's involved, then it's going to be exciting to see what's going to go down, espcially since Monferno looks like it's going to experience the same thing as it did in "Chim-Charred".

Well Ash finally has another fully evolved fire starter. It only took what, nearly 500 episodes since, "Attack of the Pre-historic Pokemon" from Kanto?

That's pretty sad when you think about it. I'm glad we don't have to suffer through anymore disappointments in terms of Ash's Pokemon not evolving.

its actually well abouve 500 episodes. And personally while i am glad ash is getting another powerful fire type, i am more excited with him finally getting a powerful fighting type, something he hasn't had since Primape was dumped.

its actually well abouve 500 episodes. And personally while i am glad ash is getting another powerful fire type, i am more excited with him finally getting a powerful fighting type, something he hasn't had since Primape was dumped.

That's true. Infernape would offer an excellent fighting type for Ash's team. I know Heracross is part fighting type but it really wasn't seen as a "fighter" as Infernape could be.

Wow I can't believe some people are complaining...its an Infernape for God's sakes. Boo fucking hoo Monferno didn't get to do a whole lot, maybe unlike AG they felt like showing off the final evolutions instead of waiting until the last 2 episodes and not dicking around with the middle starters forever.

Oh and...yay Infernape!

thats because Heracross doesnt know a single fighting type move. I do like heracross and love its megahorn so its a very good pokemon for ash, but yeah it never knew any fighting type moves so for me its mainly a bug type

It's honestly quite a shock it took so long for Ash to get another fire starter fully evolved. Its a shame Cyndaquil didn't get to evolve at least once, they even foreshadowed it evolving but it never happened.

The sad thing of it all is now between the fully evolved Charizard and Infernape, poor Cyndaquil looks so much weaker in comparison. I don't know what it can do now if its used in the league.

W-w-w-wait, PAUL? Paul;s gonna come back? And possibly "save Ash in a pinch?"

HOMG! OMG! I can't wait! Ahhhh, it's been forever since he's physically been on the show :D

Oh, and infernape. Yeah, I guess that's important too.

But PAAAUULLL.

I don't think the pacing is that bad. I mean, the only thing I see wrong about this is the fact that the surprise factor is completely taken away from the opening and the episode title. Real subtle, real subtle.

But I will miss monferno. Infernape's just not as cute ;_;

I'm not sure Paul is here for any other reason other than to witness Monferno evolve

W-w-w-wait, PAUL? Paul;s gonna come back? And possibly "save Ash in a pinch?"

Yes of course, and then they will share a kiss to make Comashippers like you happy.

I'm not sure Paul is here for any other reason other than to witness Monferno evolve

They will probably battle. Monferno probably won't turn into a raging flame monkey god with the single sight of Shinji, would he?

finally he has another fully evolved starter, now im just waitin for torterra but i have a feeling that might not happen but if it does it'll be epic since ash never had two fully evolved starters on his team

but what im really looking forward to is for infernape to beat the shit out of paul's pokemon

Yes of course, and then they will share a kiss to make Comashippers like you happy.

They will probably battle. Monferno probably won't turn into a raging flame monkey god with the single sight of Shinji, would he?

*spits out water* Ahahahalololol. I resent that XD
I wouldn't mind another battle...or maybe I would. I wonder if Ash has gotten any better since last time. I'm not sure how much more of Paul winning I can take XD

How much rage does monnferno still have for Paul, I wonder? Will they ever reconcile?

It's honestly quite a shock it took so long for Ash to get another fire starter fully evolved. Its a shame Cyndaquil didn't get to evolve at least once, they even foreshadowed it evolving but it never happened.

The sad thing of it all is now between the fully evolved Charizard and Infernape, poor Cyndaquil looks so much weaker in comparison. I don't know what it can do now if its used in the league.

Just cause Charizard and Infernape are fully evolved, it doesn't mean that Cyndaquil is super weak... With that same logic, Kingler would be Ash's strongest water type and bulbasaur would be a weakling compared to Sceptile and Torterra. It defeated the best pokemons of two gym leaders in Johto and was able to defeat one of Morty and Pryce's pokemon. Plus, it has a different fighting style than either Infernape or Charizard. Infernape is more physical has it knows mach punch and dig, while Cyndaquil can blind his opponent using smokescreen and be more sneaky... it's a nice wild card to rely upon... Plus, we all know why he didn't evolve, the writers kept bringing back Charizard and having the unexperienced writers probably tought the audience would get bored if both of Ash's fire types were fully evolved... By Hoenn, they realized we didn't care and started evolving pokemon again...

If that's the case why would the short summary imply that Paul comes out of nowhere to save *Ash.

Does it make any sense for Paul to leave while Monferno has blaze activated to only show up later to save Ash?

* I accidentally left it as Paul before fixing it, so apparently Paul saves himself.

They shouldn't have a Paul vs Ash battle this time. Honestly how cliche can it be if Monferno evolves during a battle with Paul again? Though it looks like he might be a cause for it to evolve, either directly or indirectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom