• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP163 - Infernape

Status
Not open for further replies.

V Faction

Froakin' Hilarious.
Reaction score
opcwhe.jpg

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_dp/

11th February
DP163 - Blast Evolution! Infernape!!

There is a small description with it as well.

Monferno is running wild!!
As for rescuing Ash in a pinch, it is Paul!?

(credits to slowkingsley)

Cool! Hopefully Monferno activates its blaze ability.

EDIT: Wait, According to the pic it does

So Monferno is another rushed evolution, much like Charmeleon and Piloswine, but to a lesser extent.

Why did the writers keep Chimchar in its first form for so long, yet rush through Monferno? Wouldn't it have been better if got Monferno earlier so we could enjoy its second stage?

I'm honestly disappointed its evolving again so soon. I would have liked to see Monferno in Sunyshore and save Infernape for the start of the league.

Why did the writers keep Chimchar in its first form for so long, yet rush through Monferno? Wouldn't it have been better if got Monferno earlier so we could enjoy its second stage?
They needed to establish it as a character as a Chimchar and have it go from Paul to Ash in the same stage. Really, there's no other way to have done.

I'm honestly disappointed its evolving again so soon. I would have liked to see Monferno in Sunyshore and save Infernape for the start of the league.
You must be the only one.

But as it stands, I believe Grotle will be the one to evolve at Sunnyshore.

Maybe the writers wanted a strong fully evolved Pokemon to battle Volkner. Staraptor wouldn't do too well since it's a flying type.

What did Monferno get? Like 5 episodes of screentime?

The pacing of evolutions in DP has really bothered me. Both Turtwig and Chimchar stayed in their first forms way too long, and now their middle forms are rushed. But Grotle actually got good screentime, why is Monferno being rushed?

Pace doesn't bug me. Seems to work fine.

Doesn't sound that bizzare to me.

Grotle got at least 60+ episodes in its middle form, Monferno actually got about 5-7, since it wasn't even out of its ball in a lot of the eps between its evo and now.

The writers bizarre hate for middle stages is bizarre, since Grovyle and Combusken spent most of their run in their middle forms.

Are you aware of the contradiction in your post? If the writers hated middle stages so much, Grovyle and Combusken wouldn't have stayed like that for so long.

So we're finally getting Infernape. I hope this is a pretty dramatic episode. :D

What if evolving Monferno might make a better development for it as an Infernape. I don't remember it getting any real character boost since the last time Paul appeared.

I just wish we saw more of Monferno, its second form had a nice design that got little screentime. No Gym battle either. :/

Grotle got at least 60+ episodes in its middle form, Monferno actually got about 5-7, since it wasn't even out of its ball in a lot of the eps between its evo and now.
And Charmeleon got exactly 3 episodes. Grovyle got 95 inbetween. Combusken probably more.

I just wish we saw more of Monferno, its second form had a nice design that got little screentime. No Gym battle either. :/
Right, exactly, you're just butthurt. Meanwhile the rest of us are going to enjoy the evolution.

That pic makes this ep look like an almost exact copy of "Chim-Charred," where Chimchar went crazy for awhile.

I'm glad Paul is in this ep to witness its evo.

The evolution doesn't feel rushed to me. Though it's pretty interesting how each new episode revealed relates to the spoilers in the opening.

Sounds like a good episode. I'm really excited to see Goukazaru and hopefully have the blaze ability be mastered. I also can't wait to see how Shinji somehow saves the day.

I'm pretty sure it'll get a chance to battle in the next gym along with Grotle/Torterra

I'm glad that we get such an awesome episode after the contests are over. I thought that we would get more filler.
Paul coming back isn't surprising at all, since he practically appears in almost every episode that tests this particular pokemon's development.
I expect some sort of battle between Monferno/Infernape and one of Paul's pokemon (hopefully Magmortar and not Ursaring for the third time).
Anyways, I don't feel that this evolution was rushed at all. We didn't see much of Monferno, but after confirming its evolution into Infernape, any sort of development that it could have received as a Monferno would've felt obselete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom