• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP166 - Sunnyshore Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.
It blew my mind when I first noticed Sunyshore City's odd spelling, and now it really annoys me for some reason when people spell Sunyshore with 2 N's.

Hmmm, it'd be interesting if they chose to make an episode about a random tower when there's already a perfectly good Lighthouse in the city already. In fact, there are a lot of things in Sunyshore that would make for an interesting episode plot, as it's a very unique place.

I think I'll probably continue to spell Sunyshore as Sunnyshore. Because, you know, that's how it should be spelled damn it. Bad habit, I admit, but I'm only human.

So Sunnyshore... I hear it has towers.

So the Sunnyshore arc will be more than a 2 episodes...what was that about the rushing for the 5 gen huh?I cant hear you now people?

Anyway,sounds inteteresting,I want to see the cytilizens of sunnyshore ranting about their gym leader antics.Oh,and Jasmine,too,they will probably make a contest where Jassie gets her 4th ribbon while Ash battles Volkner and have the epic Jasmine vs Jessie at the same time...
...I can dream.

I'd be more excited if a Rocket writer was doing this episode instead of Shinzo Fujita. And so much for the next Rocket episode being about Musashi's next ribbon. :/

But considering this is the same writer who wrote this episode, I'm sure it'll be hilarious nonetheless.

Damn it this is getting fucking ridiculous.

Just because some moronic trolls posted fake titles in the past on serebiiforums, doesn't mean every title is fake, and who the hell would make such a "boring" episode (well I'll get to that in a minute with a *), if anyone was going to create a fake title it would be about the gym not some episode.

Slowkingsley has always used Newtype Magazine over the website. Why anyone bother to check the website when he says he's found it on Newtype is beyond me, if you know anything about Slowkingsley.

I wish people would stop calling every title fake, seriously you can have your doubts but stop calling it fake just for the sake of calling it fake.

* Now that summary has been revealed and there's an Ominous figure, a few things occurred in my head. I called this episode boring because of the title, the summary makes it slightly more interesting.

1. While very unlikely (100% now that I thought about it), if Z from the next movie is a 5th gen, then it could have an anime debut, at least that's what I first thought when I heard Ominous Figure..

2. After thinking about it a little more, I instantly thought of the evil Togepi, and that Dawn would be getting Togekiss soon, and I thought this was a capture episode. And it very well could be. Team Rocket find Togepi and follow it but then Ash and Co get involved and accuse Team Rocket of the blackout when they deny it. And then some Togepi adventures going on and Dawn catches it, maybe even throwing in an evolution in there.

3. It's just Team Rocket, and this is a boring episode, although hopefully Ash will use Gible/Infernape (I prefer Gible more, but I won't mind).

^My vote goes for third scenario. But I doubt it will be boring.

1 is very unlikely. Scenario 2, well, don't explain car tracks and tower dissapearing.

Scenario 2, well, don't explain car tracks and tower dissapearing.

The Lighthouse disappears? Oh geez like Team Rocket would have the tech to do that. The tower should be heavier than Snorlax (as well as being probably over 50 feet tall). And "Car tracks" maybe this will be an amusing episode after all, because seeing a giant tower attached to a small car would be hilarious.

If it is just Team Rocket, it still sounds boring, this doesn't sound very Team Rocket-centric to me. Or at least like the noodle episode, the hustle game episode, etc. It just sounds boring. I don't know the Ominous shadow, really doesn't describe Team Rocket, and I don't see why they would need to hide it either. Having a different approach to the episode, when it's still Team Rocket doesn't make it any less tiring.

The Lighthouse disappears?

According to slowkingsley's post it doesn't say Shirube/Vista Lighthosue it says Nagisa/Sunnyshore Tower. So writers either changed it's name or this is an anime only location.

Oh geez like Team Rocket would have the tech to do that. The tower should be heavier than Snorlax (as well as being probably over 50 feet tall). And "Car tracks" maybe this will be an amusing episode after all, because seeing a giant tower attached to a small car would be hilarious.

They can steal tower piece by piece :X.

If it is just Team Rocket, it still sounds boring, this doesn't sound very Team Rocket-centric to me. Or at least like the noodle episode, the hustle game episode, etc. It just sounds boring. I don't know the Ominous shadow, really doesn't describe Team Rocket, and I don't see why they would need to hide it either. Having a different approach to the episode, when it's still Team Rocket doesn't make it any less tiring.

As Musashi said writer of this episode is not a Team Rocket centric episode writer.

According to slowkingsley's post it doesn't say Shirube/Vista Lighthosue it says Nagisa/Sunnyshore Tower. So writers either changed it's name or this is an anime only location.
Yeah what I meant was why does the tower need to disappear.

They can steal tower piece by piece :X.
I doubt it's built like the tower of spirits (if you get the reference). and I'm not sure Team Rocket would be able to pull it off either, since I'm sure if one piece was missing the whole thing wouldn't work.

Yeah what I meant was why does the tower need to disappear.

Drama effect/plot twist. Our heroes go to there and find nothing, according to summary.

and I'm not sure Team Rocket would be able to pull it off either, since I'm sure if one piece was missing the whole thing wouldn't work.

That can be the plot twist of episode. Rocket-dan learning they have forgotten a piece and returning there, our heroes finding it before them, blasting off them and somehow returning tower to it's old place.

Having a gym battle in the same episode going down is not the same episode for a capture or Anime debut. Its Team Rocket with a giant fucking black shadowy thing or Misty Tracey and Oak gone evil.

Having a gym battle in the same episode going down is not the same episode for a capture or Anime debut. Its Team Rocket with a giant fucking black shadowy thing or Misty Tracey and Oak gone evil.

I think you're forgetting that Ash vs Flint is in the gym. And that this episode likely takes place directly after the battle (as in Volkner agreeing to battle Ash and they have a stare down...end episode) if not during the battle (as a cliffhanger).

Ah yeah saw that it said fierce battle, I saw it as with Volkie.

2. After thinking about it a little more, I instantly thought of the evil Togepi, and that Dawn would be getting Togekiss soon, and I thought this was a capture episode. And it very well could be. Team Rocket find Togepi and follow it but then Ash and Co get involved and accuse Team Rocket of the blackout when they deny it. And then some Togepi adventures going on and Dawn catches it, maybe even throwing in an evolution in there.

3. It's just Team Rocket, and this is a boring episode, although hopefully Ash will use Gible/Infernape (I prefer Gible more, but I won't mind).

Evil Togepi would be epic... Evil togepi uses Metronome and with the attack makes the tower disappears and leaves. TR sees it and wants to capture it... They somehow manage to scare the Evil Togepi and hurt it. Dawn arrives and saves it... Dawn captures Togepi who retains his quirky mischevous side... but starts to listen to Dawn a bit... I see him doing practical jokes on the gang's pokemon.

Gible appearing would also make my day...

Evil Togepi would be epic... Evil togepi uses Metronome and with the attack makes the tower disappears and leaves. TR sees it and wants to capture it... They somehow manage to scare the Evil Togepi and hurt it. Dawn arrives and saves it... Dawn captures Togepi who retains his quirky mischevous side... but starts to listen to Dawn a bit... I see him doing practical jokes on the gang's pokemon.

Gible appearing would also make my day...

Gible, whever we mention Evil Togepi you jump to thread.

Yes, never thought of Metronome, but no thanks seeing it for two regions was enough for me, though it would be the only logical way to make Togepi enter the scene.

Either way I still think Hikari won't catch it yet if she returns.

Gible, whever we mention Evil Togepi you jump to thread.

I know Evil Togepi probably isn'y gonna be anywhere near this episode and it's most likely gonna be another TR episode... Would be fun though...

Otherwise it's just TR steals or destroy building - Ash and co go there to see what's up - Mecha fight - Volkner says maybe now we can have an interupted gym battle which we'll see next week

I agree with you though... Metronome has been abused by Misty's Togepi and it would be redundant to see it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom