• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP166 - Sunnyshore Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.
If in 168 Ash is going to be with Marley and doing that little quest... does that mean Ash gets his badge in this episode?

If in 168 Ash is going to be with Marley and doing that little quest... does that mean Ash gets his badge in this episode?

It is a mystery! Ooo-oo-ooo-OooOh!

If he does win, it'll be a short battle. TR interupts have been less and less over the years during Ash's Gym Battles, but if the gang has to physically step outside the Gym and save the tower, we're looking at a large chunk of time eaten up.

So a 1-shot Gym episode with a Team Rocket intermission. How... cruddy that would be.

It is a mystery! Ooo-oo-ooo-OooOh!

If he does win, it'll be a short battle. TR interupts have been less and less over the years during Ash's Gym Battles, but if the gang has to physically step outside the Gym and save the tower, we're looking at a large chunk of time eaten up.

So a 1-shot Gym episode with a Team Rocket intermission. How... cruddy that would be.

I do hope to Arceus it isn't like the Cascade Badge where Ash got the badge for saving the gym... ugh.

Err... read the dialogue, they keep on forcing down the fact that you've taken good care of your pokemon when you fight them, among other things. That implies that the way to earn the badge is NOT just defeating the Gym Leader.

They would say the same dialogue regardless if you "took care" of your Pokemon or made them battle again and again till they get 0 HP, so your point is pretty moot here.

Yeah, and yet JJM during a few episodes, even Episode 3, did just that, and the fanbase still labels them as being completely weak to the extent that even a baby can win against them. Honestly, rematches are what would convince me of whether they truly were difficult. Only Brawly ever met that condition. To me, with rookie pokemon, they'd be KOed in a heartbeat against someone like a Gym Leader, even IF Ash was experienced enough. Think of it like a coach in a sports team. If you have trained a sports team for a while, and then you are relocated to a new sports team, then, regardless of whether you've had a lifes worth of experience in terms of coaching, the new team will ultimately lose to their first match of the season. The same deal applies to organizing a completely new team (IE, a team where none of the original team returns at the start of the region.). Sigh, Chaosblazer, can you please try to explain it, I'm trying to explain it to the best of my ability, but it won't work.

Fine, it's logical that a rookie team would lose their first match or something but why do they do they have to lose against all the GLs before winning. Wouldn't a team gradually develop and thereby stop losing (against GLs)?

This is my prediction for this episode:

-The battle begins.
-Ash's Grotle beats Octillery
-Ash's Pikachu beats Ambipom
-Raichu beats Ash's Gible
-The battle stops
-They are finding TR
-Volkner and Flint manage to bring the tower back and blast them off
-Grotle evolves
-The battle begins again (7 minutes are left)
-Infernape beats Raichu
-Luxray beats Pikachu and Infernape very easily
-Torterra beats Luxray and Ash gets the 8th badge.

^Gible won't go down without a fight. It's immune to electric moves, so I doubt it will go down like that.

^Gible won't go down without a fight. It's immune to electric moves, so I doubt it will go down like that.

Since when has immunity saved any ground type in this show?

Since when has immunity saved any ground type in this show?

DP114. Gabite was not hurt because of Pachi's electric attacks, however Pachi used them to counter Gabite's attacks, making Gabite lose points nontheless. And Takeshi specifically mentioned Electric-types won't work on her. And Pachi kicked her ass with Hatred/Super Fang anyway :/.

DP114. Gabite was not hurt because of Pachi's electric attacks, however Pachi used them to counter Gabite's attacks, making Gabite lose points nontheless. And Takeshi specifically mentioned Electric-types won't work on her. And Pachi kicked her ass with Hatred/Super Fang anyway :/.

Really? the show actually acknowledge the rule about the immunity? Wow, I'm shocked. Usually, even when they say electric attacks will do nothing, they still hurt.

Really? the show actually acknowledge the rule about the immunity? Wow, I'm shocked. Usually, even when they say electric attacks will do nothing, they still hurt.

Erm, not so quite, in DP162 Plusle and Minun attacked Manmoo quite a lot and hurt it quite a lot, even though Manmoo supposed to have immunity against Electric-types. Though then again there wasn't any mention of Manmoo's immunity.

And levels are somewhat mentioned in DP163 as well, Takeshi mentioned how Jun's Emperte leveled up.

Which is the equivalent of saying 'you got stronger!' Other shows use the same phrase (shows that aren't in any way associated with games).

Also, Ground and Electric type immunities: /headdesk

Sometimes it hurts your brain. I give Contests some leeway since they aren't all about damaging your foe, but c'mon... immunities working in one fight and then not working in another? Get your damn priorities straight. It's frustrating.

Though, with that being said, I'm quite certain Gible's and Torterra's Ground-type immunities will come into play at Volkner's Gym. The setup is just too perfect. Every other previous Electric Gym has had Pikachu as the star. Now, not only does he have the type-appriopriate Pokemon, but it's the 8th Leader Ash is facing. Types, abilities, moves -- they'll all play a part.

Today, it has been revealed that the 3 unknown people were none other than ROCKET O DAN (Team Rocket) who redisgned Nagisa Tower and reshaped it as a ROCKET and stolen it for their so called SINNOH TEAM ROCKET BRANCH (coz Nagisa Tower provides electricity).
That's how Nagisa tower was vanished when Satoshi, Denzi, Takeshi, Oba and Hikari saw it.

And in case anyone doubts this, here's the source:

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/detail/19406_201003041900.html

This certainly explains why Satoshi-tachi leave for awhile. Who knows how long it'll take to get the electricity back.

I also hope we get to see more of Kojiro's mad Rocket driving skills. :-D

Lol, I bet Kojiro have a driving license :p.
This episode sounds interesting but I'm very disappointed with TV Tokyo, they haven't revealed any new info about Satoshi's Dodaitose (I was expecting for a new cool update but...).

Why are TR just now trying to make a Sinnoh branch when the journey here is almost over? :p

Anyway sounds interesting.

Why are TR just now trying to make a Sinnoh branch when the journey here is almost over? :p

Anyway sounds interesting.

Forget trying to make a Sinnoh branch now. I'm surprised that Team Rocket is even making a Sinnoh Branch, period. Yes, I know that Giovanni told them to make a branch in DP002, but in AG, he also told them to make a Hoenn Branch, yet they never seemed to do that on-screen.

Anyways, maybe the writers are doing this for their last hurrah? It seems odd the amount of focus the writers are giving towards their "Sinnoh Team Rocket" plot, so maybe they are planning to write them out (In various forms of fiction, the villain is usually developed a lot right when he/she is about to be defeated.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom