• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP172: Togekiss! The Magnificent Battle!!

PKMN_Veteran

Since 97'
Reaction score
DP 172 "Togekiss! A Battle of Splendor!!"

[bp=DP172] Bulbapedia link[/bp]

- Togekiss and Fukumaru are practicing with each other
- Rocket-dan appear and battles Togekiss

Note: Images are placeholders for the moment

Airs April 15 at 19:00 JST on TV Tokyo Network.

Last edited:
Re: DP 172 "Togekiss! A Battle of Splendor!!" Preview Thread

um those are Marley?.....

wow great episode from what I see it going to be funny

Looks to be pretty funny. Togekiss just fluttering around instead of really doing anything.

I got a Hikari vs Musashi feeling from that episode... o_O Anyways, can't wait!

I must've completely missed seeing this preview. Hrm.

Togekiss vs Gible! Battle of the Century! The flying chicken versus the hungry dragon. Gee, I wonder who'll be triumphant!

Real images from the preview

While its nice Gible gets to battle, I'm a bit disappointed that in the end, it looks like Dawn was questioning whether she wanted Togekiss or not.

Togekiss v Gible looks awesome
Togekiss v Team Rocket looks awesome
Can't wait !

I love how they just shove Gible in almost every episode... that tiny dragon is awesome!

So it seems that Togekiss won't be obeying Dawn because it is a high-level pokemon that was given over to her.
I'm glad that Ash is finally taking an initiative to training his own pokemon for the battle against Volkner. It's also nice seeing Gible in a real battle since it fought Barry's Empoleon. Figure that Ash would spend this time teaching it Draco Meteor again apparently.

I love how Togekiss is just flaunting itself and feeling pretty. It clearly knows how to do a performance without Hikari's input :p

So Togekiss only gets 1 ep of training with Dawn before the GF...

I think she will train it in the Metamon episode too. IIRC it was in one of the preview pics for that episode...

It's out in the Ditto episode too, so maybe 2? You know, the 2 episodes that are left before the GF starts. Not a whole lot of time either way.

So Togekiss only gets 2 ep of training with Dawn before the GF...

Togekiss already proved it's great in Contests so I can't see why would it need so much training

If anything Hikari and Togekiss just need to bond, which shouldn't need more than one or two eps.

If anything Hikari and Togekiss just need to bond, which shouldn't need more than one or two eps.

Yeah, that giant poultry kicked ass. It needs to bond with Dawn (DP172) and learn to work with Piplup with the help of Ditlup (DP173)

In time for the GF

Exactly, it got its introduction ep, after-"capture" bonding ep and it'll do something in the Ditto ep for further bonding and/or training
They don't really have to do more than that and it's ok

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom