• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP179 Storyboard! + More BW20 Sketches (NEW SKETCHES ADDED! :D)

sunyshore

Electric Obsession
Reaction score
I know this forum would yet again appreciate some more production art I've gotten shipped in :)

It is a complete 130+ page storyboard for DP179, which is the final Gym Battle of Sinnoh!! As my main production art focus is on electric types, I could not believe I was able to get this.

It is available for download as a .rar if you click here: http://sunyshore.com/dengekibattle.rar

And there is more Sunyshore City and Volkner production art here: http://sunyshore.com/volkner_art.shtml ! also more info on storyboards if you don't know about them ;)

and of course, previews!
electric_art_dengekibattle1.gif

electric_art_dengekibattle2.gif

electric_art_dengekibattle3.gif

electric_art_dengekibattle5.jpg

electric_art_dengekibattle4.jpg

i also have 37 more pages from BW20, the unaired episode, coming in tomorrow. but here is a preview that might generate more fun discussion :)
newgenga4.jpg

newgenga3.jpg

Last edited:
Re: DP179 Storyboard! + More BW20 Sketches

Spoilers much?

Ash and maybe the Iris get new Pokemon. Is that on her head?

I love Megcroco too.

Yeah, Zuruggu is probably Iris'

I guess with the flock of Koaruhie, they're POTD's imo. The one that steals Ash's hat probably needs him to help with a problem or something.

I guess with the flock of Koaruhie, they're POTD's imo. The one that steals Ash's hat probably needs him to help with a problem or something.

Since they have the same reaction isn't it more likely to be one Koaruhii just spinning around because it's falling to the ground. Then again I don't know if animators do that sort of thing like this if it were just spinning around.

Since they have the same reaction isn't it more likely to be one Koaruhii just spinning around because it's falling to the ground. Then again I don't know if animators do that sort of thing like this if it were just spinning around.

Didn't think of it like that. Possibly, although that makes me wonder what's going on with it.

*foams at the mouth and dies a million deaths*

Thank you so much for providing us with this lovely production art! Oh wow, you even got setteis!! and they confirmed my thoughts on the fact that Dawn and Ash are the same height

Haha, those koaruhis look hilarious at that angle XD

but i don't know if it's okay to revive that thread from weeks ago just since i'm getting a new bundle of sketches XD

You're okay in either thread, it hasn't even been a month yet :p

Last edited:

I'm going to repeat it, and again, if I'm wrong I will immediately and graciously apologize. Sunyshore, I think you're either lying to us to troll us, or someone is lying to you for your money. Your own admission has this as a ridiculously amazing turn of fortune considering the amount of stuff like this you've gotten in the past, and I personally find it highly suspect. For what it's worth I would find the art itself very convincing as well, and I favor the "you're being scammed" theory, but honestly, selling a production art collector (or distributor, I don't even necessarily doubt the person you're buying this from if you trust them) "leaks" is probably the cleverest con I've ever heard of in real life.

I'm going to repeat it, and again, if I'm wrong I will immediately and graciously apologize. Sunyshore, I think you're either lying to us to troll us, or someone is lying to you for your money. Your own admission has this as a ridiculously amazing turn of fortune considering the amount of stuff like this you've gotten in the past, and I personally find it highly suspect. For what it's worth I would find the art itself very convincing as well, and I favor the "you're being scammed" theory, but honestly, selling a production art collector (or distributor, I don't even necessarily doubt the person you're buying this from if you trust them) "leaks" is probably the cleverest con I've ever heard of in real life.

"if i'm wrong, i'll apologize, but sunyshore, i think you are lying to us."

an apology ain't gonna cut it with something as insulting as that, buddy.

nobody is selling me anything, or coming to me with sketches stuffed in a trenchcoat, i'm winning them on auction from a highly respected cel/genga shop here in japan. bidding against other people, and winning.

if i was trolling you guys, wouldn't i pick something more interesting than koaruhii's flying in a circle? nobody is trolling me either. there is such a thing as dedicated production art collectors, and i am one. that's why i have so much stuff. nobody has specifically come to me with any of it. i seek it out!

you are ridiculous :p and you say you'll repeat it, but i haven't seen you say this before. if you don't like my stuff, don't look at it! but don't come here just to insult me or tell me i am so stupid as to be trolled about ducklings.

oh well, you can feel really rude and embarrassed when the episode is announced :p

Last edited:

No doubt that Zurrugu is Iris' now =3. I'm glad to see how basic the storyboard artwork is...I can do storyboard drawing now xD The production sketches are so beautiful...why can't I draw like that?!

Just curious...you say you bid on them...how much do they usually go for?

So...does Zuruggu hide out in Iris' hair too? :D

Also Mijumaru is next to Dent...HE TRADED ASH FOR IT! :banana:

No doubt that Zurrugu is Iris' now =3. I'm glad to see how basic the storyboard artwork is...I can do storyboard drawing now xD

Just curious...you say you bid on them...how much do they usually go for?

it's crazy how much the prices fluctuate. i've gotten three sets of genga from this duckling episode now. first set was over 500$, the second two were around 50-60$. i guess whoever was bidding against me on the first one didn't come back for the second two.

and the storyboard cost me about 230$.

So, I'm wondering, as a little preview, any more capture spoilers coming up in these sketches? :p

it's crazy how much the prices fluctuate. i've gotten three sets of genga from this duckling episode now. first set was over 500$, the second two were around 50-60$. i guess whoever was bidding against me on the first one didn't come back for the second two.

and the storyboard cost me about 230$.
I wish I had that money, never mind storyboards and genga xD Seems odd how they'd auction off artwork for episodes not aired yet...guess they have to do something with them once the episode is made xD

So, I'm wondering, as a little preview, any more capture spoilers coming up in these sketches? :p

dunno! those images are just from the auction (the third is just ash with pikachu in battle stance). its 37 more pages, and they will be here tomorrow :) if anything else is really cool i'll post it here, but last time my website got crazy amounts of traffic and attention so i'll probably put it somewhere else ._. i'm proud of my art collection but too much attention is too much.

I wish I had that money, never mind storyboards and genga xD Seems odd how they'd auction off artwork for episodes not aired yet...guess they have to do something with them once the episode is made xD

to be fair, i usually go in with other folks, or resell extra pieces i don't really need for my collection. otherwise i wouldn't be able to afford it @___@

I would pay as much as I have to for Genga of Yabukuron's episode, personally.

But that's offtopic.

I can't wait until you post the rest of the BW Genga |||D

Oh, I thought you were just waiting to post them and you already had them. :p

I'm mainly interested in seeing if Dent's got anyone yet, or if Team Rocket did...I assume by episode 20 they've probably got someone else, although if they use them or not is another fact.

Oh, I thought you were just waiting to post them and you already had them. :p

I'm mainly interested in seeing if Dent's got anyone yet, or if Team Rocket did...I assume by episode 20 they've probably got someone else, although if they use them or not is another fact.

I wouldn't expect much more than we've got... like the other pages, itll probably be three or four scenes with 10 or so pages each. But who knows! I'll post anything super amazing :D

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom