• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP183's Dark trainer- Let's speculate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Los!_Morlord!

Reaction score
So there's a new kid in the block in dp183- The mysterious dark trainer with a darakai. Forgive me if the anime revealed his identity, as I don't speak japanese. But any theories as to who he is?

I personally think He'll be a bit like Harrison, the super-powerful dude from next region that inspires satoshi to go there. The darakai fits into the whole light/dark thing, and I think we'll see some b/w pokemon in his team.

but I didn't make a thread just to listen to my own ideas- what do you guys think???

He'll beat Ash in the Semi-Final / Final. I wonder whether it's a real Darkrai though.

He'll beat Ash in the Semi-Final / Final. I wonder whether it's a real Darkrai though.

It's probably a real Darkrai what other pokemon could it be Ditto/Zoroark? But I agree with you the trainer will probably end up defeating Ash in the Top 2 I just want to see this trainer interact with Ash.

Could be a Zorua/Zoroark to advertise Isshu, although the movie takes away the need for them.

Well first of all I hope LT has a Gen V Pokémon.

Besides that, I wonder who will be LT's VA and what story and purpose they will give LT other than beating Ash. It would be interesting if they told us how LT found Darkrai/how Darkrai became his Pokémon.

Could be a Zorua/Zoroark to advertise Isshu, although the movie takes away the need for them.
If it were a Zoroa/Zoroark, the trainer would still need to have Darkrai on his team for Illusion to work. Even in the movie, Zoroa and Zoroark can only mimic characters in their surroundings.

It would be interesting if they told us how LT found Darkrai/how Darkrai became his Pokémon.

Oh yeah,I thought of this too.I hope that if Satoshi doesn't beat this guy/gal, he/she will stay as a recurring rival in Best Wishes.

It would be hilarious and cool if it was a zoroark through :p

If it were a Zoroa/Zoroark, the trainer would still need to have Darkrai on his team for Illusion to work. Even in the movie, Zoroa and Zoroark can only mimic characters in their surroundings.

But the main villain doesn't have an Entei/Raikou/Suicune. Maybe the anime Illusion is something like "Zoroark must have seen the Pokémon it wants to imitate"

I'm pretty sure no one has an Ash on his party.

It'd be cool if he was the rival for Ash next Generation.
Well any ways, he freaked Barry out :p

It's gotta be Karen. Did you guys get a load of her waving hair? Too obvious.

^ It's not. It's the blue, long haired trainer we saw on the scoreboards. It's pretty obvious that's the character with the Darkrai.

But the main villain doesn't have an Entei/Raikou/Suicune. Maybe the anime Illusion is something like "Zoroark must have seen the Pokémon it wants to imitate"

I really want to say blame whoever created Illusion. There is so many twists to the ability. Examples: How we catch it (Shiny Legendaries, in turn it turns into a different legendary), it can change into humans or other Pokemon with free will in the anime movie, and it being able to change into the opponent's 2nd Party Pokemon. We really have to wait for both the games and the anime to see if there is a difference or reason for these things.

Gah, so confusing. >_<

^ It's not. It's the blue, long haired trainer we saw on the scoreboards. It's pretty obvious that's the character with the Darkrai.
I know. I think that reminds me of Karen.

Well, at least we now know which legend it is. I'm not very surprised actually. But he will beat Ash. I'm sure of it.

I really think they're setting up Ash to win the league this time. We know he's going to beat Paul and then there's this trainer with the legendary. The way the trainer is introduced, and the foreshadowing earlier with Flint, makes me think that Ash will beat them to win the league.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he does win the league. DP has been set up differently from the other sagas since the very beginning, with Pikachu being nerfed and Ash getting his ass handed to him all the time, so seeing him actually win wouldn't be a shock to me. Seeing him beat a Darkrai wouldn't be a shock to me.

I thought it would be a girl, but now I'm not so sure.. Hope we get some kind of backstory.

The Darkrai trainer is the lady with the purple hair who were spying on Team Rocket while did business at their Sinnoh League food stand... Well, they kind of have the same body type and both have purple hair... It'd be funny XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom