• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP183's Dark trainer- Let's speculate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think know who it is. Either Lucian or a relative of his. That kind of power is something I can see an Elite Four member getting a hold of.

But why would they use the power to compete in the League? Why not take over the world/region?

I really don't think it's a Elite Four member. It just doesn't seem likely to me.

I don't think it's Lucian. Him being an Elite 4 means he's already won the Suzuran Isle Conference. I'm gonna guess it's just the -son character for this league.

I know you're being facetious, but if you'd brought that up during our previous discussion about the trainer's identity, I would have given it serious thought. It's not less random than the Riley suggestion and I personally find it much more interesting.

Yeah... but then again, Riley was a lot less random than Sakura and Jimmy....

I don't think it's Lucian. Him being an Elite 4 means he's already won the Suzuran Isle Conference. I'm gonna guess it's just the -son character for this league.

I hope not. I hope that the writers aren't solely relying on the trainer having a Darkrai to spark interest... This trainer should have been introduced before the League...

I'm really surprised the LT chick hasn't interacted with Ash at all. I don't see Ash beating her, but honestly it wouldn't surprise me if Ash won.

This trainer should have been introduced before the League...

As I've argued before, how realistic is that though?

Seriously what are the odds that one can participate in a huge Tournament, and know every single person, even the one that ends up beating you?

Sure I suppose they could've alluded to the trainer (and Darkrai), but I think the Darkrai's Trainer was introduced perfectly as it was. Why? Because then there wouldn't be any mystery, unless of course they pulled "Hi, Remember me?" thing when Darkrai's trainer is finally revealed.

Because Ash saying "Oh Barry, we know who Darkrai's trainer is, not that interesting."

I think in this circumstance mystery is better than knowing.

That down there is basically what I got when I tried to brighten the shading and increase the contrast. Yeah, the colour's obviously distorted but we at least know the trainer has long greenish hair and wears red.

Well if Ash actually used his strongest Pokemon, like his Kanto and Hoenn Pokemon, against this trainer, he would win.

Seriously, he goes up against a trainer with a Darkrai with his Johto Pokemon? He's practically asking for a loss.

Instead he could be using Sceptile, Swellow, Charizard, Snorlax, etc.

Guys, Guys, what if the Darkrai trainer is...Harley?!?!?

As I've argued before, how realistic is that though?

I'm not saying you should have had Ash and LT meet before and say, "Hey we'll meet at the League."

It's called a Tchekov's gun... Here you see character X. Character X is your basic COTD but with cool interactions (not like say... Leona) with Ash and the main cast. You don't know he/she/hermaphrodite he-she has a Darkrai, or maybe he doesn't have it yet. Either that or you've seen it more than once, but not established a connection with the League.

Seriously what are the odds that one can participate in a huge Tournament, and know every single person, even the one that ends up beating you?

He doesn't know the people in round of 32 and possibly round of 8... Oh look, they're not featured ? Why ? Because there's no tension in that battle, no flavour. Sure they could have interesting personalities, but what's in it for Ash besides wanting to beat them.

Sure I suppose they could've alluded to the trainer (and Darkrai), but I think the Darkrai's Trainer was introduced perfectly as it was. Why? Because then there wouldn't be any mystery, unless of course they pulled "Hi, Remember me?" thing when Darkrai's trainer is finally revealed.

Also, introducing a character, establishing its backstory, giving it a personality/interactions with the main cast takes time... which we're short of in this League.

I think in this circumstance mystery is better than knowing.

I understand where you're coming from. It does add a flair of mystery and I'll wait until actually seeing what they do with the character before rendering my final judgement, but if I can compare... Gary v Ash and Gary v Harrison. Gary v Ash wasn't all that great a battle, but what was great about it was the bond, the relationship between Ash and Gary. Harrison on the other hand, had interesting pokemon we'd never seen in battles before (Kecleon and Blaziken) but all the while there was no drama in that match.

If they really take time to build a character (which will probably be at the detriment of Ash's battles like the Rocket plot...) it might be more interesting, but like I said before, just having a legendary pokemon doesn't make a match super interesting, it takes more than that.

Well if Ash actually used his strongest Pokemon, like his Kanto and Hoenn Pokemon, against this trainer, he would win.

Seriously, he goes up against a trainer with a Darkrai with his Johto Pokemon? He's practically asking for a loss.

Instead he could be using Sceptile, Swellow, Charizard, Snorlax, etc.

Not necessarily. We don't know what LT is capable of or how experienced he/she is. Any time Ash beat legendaries, there was always an excuse. Articuno was wild, Regice was a new capture etc. Darkrai might be totally different in that respect.

Not necessarily. We don't know what LT is capable of or how experienced he/she is. Any time Ash beat legendaries, there was always an excuse. Articuno was wild, Regice was a new capture etc. Darkrai might be totally different in that respect.

Then again, there was Entei. Not just any Entei, an illusion Entei created by the Unown. Charizard went up against it 1-1, and fought a long battle, AND Entei was on it's own turf, with all the Crystals and Towers and such. You've also got Sceptile vs Deoxys.

On a diferent note, who do you think are Ash's 6 strongest pokemon?

Well the Darkrai was in the opening so I think he'll have a Entei and Lucario too seeing as Ash was fighting against them in the opening.So I really doubt its Zoroark posing as Darkrai.Ash will probably lose to him in the end anyway.

Purple hair and a red shirt makes me think "Lucian? What?", but there's no way. I'd think an Elite Four member'd be outright barred from any tournament because they'd win anyway.

Besides, Lucian's a Psychic-type trainer.

Anyway, whoever it is'll probably have G5 Pokémon as it's been too long since we've seen one (we haven't seen any yet on the show itself).

Come to think of it, there was this other woman with purple hair in that episode, just not seen fighting. Could she be...

As we've seen Darkrai's trainer on the board (her/his face wasn't clear of course) and can see s/he has blue hair I don't think s/he's Lucian or Karen. I just think Darkrai's trainer is just a different and new character.

Although I am questioning what kind of character s/he will be.

Come to think of it, there was this other woman with purple hair in that episode, just not seen fighting. Could she be...

If anything she is some type of authority figure for the League (over the merchants or something. It would explain why she was looking at Jessie and James.) I also doubt she is the trainer, since the trainer is skinnier than her.

I don't see why people assume that this trainer is related to Lucian or Karen or any canonical character thus far? Can't we just have one mysterious character and not have a rationalization for his/her existence?

I believe it's more interesting to speculate what other pokemon the trainer will be using.

I don't see why people assume that this trainer is related to Lucian or Karen or any canonical character thus far? Can't we just have one mysterious character and not have a rationalization for his/her existence?

I believe it's more interesting to speculate what other pokemon the trainer will be using.

This. I hope we haven't got a clue about who this character is and that we are all shocked out of our seats when Ash meets this person.

Isn't it already confirmed that the darkrai trainer is female so why is everyone calling her he/she?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom