• Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here
  • The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • What happened to the Pokemon GO section?

Hey all! We wanted to let everyone know that the Pokemon GO section has officially been merged into the Pokemon Video Games section. You can find more information in this thread.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

DP183's Dark trainer- Let's speculate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The rank, unless its second like Dawn got, is meaningless.

Hence the writers skipping matches/rounds in these leagues.

XY
Reaction score
It does seem likely Ash gets second like Dawn did... but even if he only got Top 4 that's still an improvement

Reaction score
It does seem likely Ash gets second like Dawn did... but even if he only got Top 4 that's still an improvement
But he didn't win, so what the hell was the point? 4 more years down the drain.

Gangsta's Paradise
Reaction score
If he won his journey in Isshu would seem pointless. It's not down the drain. He beat last league.

Gangsta's Paradise
Reaction score
Because then he can't be an improvement from the previous saga.

Still Alive
Reaction score
He could beat the E4 next time.
He could beat them anyway. Whenever he does face a regional Elite Four, he shouldn't just give up on the challenge even if he loses the first time.

It would help a great deal if he actually took the Elite Four into account when training. He very obviously did not try to match up to their level in Sinnoh.

Reaction score
Hey we're lucky they don't put their matches in some Random Number Generator, because Ash could've started out with Darkrai's Trainer.

We're already lucky that the writers force the outcome, we should be glad he gets any improvement at all. Though personally Ash should get at least runner up.

Tumblr Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if you can get disqualified from the League. For some reason I think the LT would slip up and break some type of rule. Unless s/he has planned this in much thought. :s

But he didn't win, so what the hell was the point? 4 more years down the drain.
4 years "down the drain?" Really? I am happy we even get an anime. I love the series because it isn't all "Ash, Win, Ash, Win, League, Win." There are other characters who balance out Ash. Plus Ash isn't Mr. Lucky and doesn't get to win everything.

Reaction score
4 years "down the drain?" Really? I am happy we even get an anime. I love the series because it isn't all "Ash, Win, Ash, Win, League, Win." There are other characters who balance out Ash. Plus Ash isn't Mr. Lucky and doesn't get to win everything.
The show has been going on for 13 years. In the earlier seasons, yes it was nice seeing Ash lose the leagues.

But now it just feels like Ash's story is stretched out to the point of absurdity. What series follows the same character for 650+ episodes and 13 years?

Irrationally Logical
Reaction score
But now it just feels like Ash's story is stretched out to the point of absurdity. What series follows the same character for 650+ episodes and 13 years?
Most long running animation series,both western and eastern.

Tumblr Addict
Reaction score
The show has been going on for 13 years. In the earlier seasons, yes it was nice seeing Ash lose the leagues.

One that I, and I am sure others, still don't mind watching.

Reaction score
One that I, and I am sure others, still don't mind watching.
What is the point to wait every 4-5 years for Ash to lose another league?

The show literally feels like its stuck in an endless loop where nothing is accomplished. Sure, Ash's teams get strong, but that's it.

Easy listening
Reaction score
The rank, unless its second like Dawn got, is meaningless.
What difference would getting Top 2, or Top 4 make? It's still a legendary off all things thrown in at the last minute to have him lose. Whereas Dawn faced lol Jessie in the Top 4.

Tumblr Addict
Reaction score
What is the point to wait every 4-5 years for Ash to lose another league?

The show literally feels like its stuck in an endless loop where nothing is accomplished. Sure, Ash's teams get strong, but that's it.
Who said I watch just for the League? I watch because I like to see a further based region from the games.

Former Staff Artist
Reaction score
Gliscor'd, you're going to have to realize that some people just like watching the anime just to enjoy it. I've been watching since the season 1, but I don't give a care at all if he wins or not. Its just fun to watch.

Because I can.
Reaction score
Until they stop making pokemon and Ash catches most of them, the writers won't have Ash become Master yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.