• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP183's Dark trainer- Let's speculate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until they stop making pokemon and Ash catches most of them, the writers won't have Ash become Master yet.

There's going to be 600 something Pokemon with BW.

Ash has about 25 of them. Its obvious he's never going to get more than 5% of the total pokemon.

He would win 1 league, why would his journey in the next region be pointless?

Weren't you also saying a short time ago that if Dawn won the Sinnoh GF, it would be pointless for her to keep traveling and competing in contests in other regions?

So what is it? Is winning a tournament an accomplishment or not?

i hope they give some backstory into how he (i think its a dude) captured darkrai. if not, he should at least have some other powerful pokes to justify him being able to capture the legendary. any speculation as to what he has?

Yeah, I mean, it's kinda ridiculous how he would just capture a legendary. He has to be pretty hardcore :/

Or maybe he befriended it, like Alice did in the movie. There's always that.

Or, maybe this could be the rumored ditto evolution! (haha, yah right) Like, now Ditto-lution can stay in a pokeform indefinably instead of when it's just in front of it XD

Or, maybe this could be the rumored ditto evolution! (haha, yah right) Like, now Ditto-lution can stay in a pokeform indefinably instead of when it's just in front of it XD

That would be hilarious! After Ash loses everyone would be like "Ha! You lost to a ditto!"

I do sort of wonder about that Entei and Lucario in the opening, but somehow I don't believe LT will have those as well.

I do sort of wonder about that Entei and Lucario in the opening, but somehow I don't believe LT will have those as well.

Maybe a Lucario but not an Entei. It would be so anti-climatic. Congratulations Ash you just beat Darkrai. Now you get to battle Entei and Darkrai wasn't that big of a deal anyway since the LT had two legendaries on their team. If the LT has two legendaries, each one would overshadow the other.

Maybe a Lucario but not an Entei. It would be so anti-climatic. Congratulations Ash you just beat Darkrai. Now you get to battle Entei and Darkrai wasn't that big of a deal anyway since the LT had two legendaries on their team. If the LT has two legendaries, each one would overshadow the other.

I sort of agree with that... though if the battle's well done it could make up for it... One of things that I think would be cool is if the writers make the LT's team a reflection of the E4 and Champion's team...

LT's team could be...

- Vespiqueen (or Drapion) for Aaron
- Rhypherior (or Hippodown) for Bertha
- Houndoom (or Rapidash or Entei as it's a fire type) for Flint
- Espeon (or Gallade but that could be too similar after GF) for Lucian
- Lucario for Cynthia
- Darkrai

If Pokemon Hunter J is the LT... Drapion would be a call back to Aaron and Salamence a counterpart to Garchomp... :D

Last edited:
I sort of agree with that... though if the battle's well done it could make up for it... One of things that I think would be cool is if the writers make the LT's team a reflection of the E4 and Champion's team...

LT's team could be...

- Vespiqueen (or Drapion) for Aaron
- Rhypherior (or Hippodown) for Bertha
- Houndoom (or Rapidash or Entei as it's a fire type) for Flint
- Espeon (or Gallade but that could be too similar after GF) for Lucian
- Lucario for Cynthia
- Darkrai

If Pokemon Hunter J is the LT... Drapion would be a call back to Aaron and Salamence a counterpart to Garchomp... :D

That's actually not a bad idea.

And maybe we could see something like:

- Quilava (to counter a bug type pokemon)
- Bayleef (to counter a ground type)
- Totodile (to counter a fire type)
- Noctowl (psychic vs. psychic)
- Pikachu (vs. Lucario, thanks opening for making me think this could happen :p)
- Infernape (to counter Darkrai plus some Sinnoh representation in this match)

And I could see all of Ash's pokemon help out to defeat Darkrai, Infernape beats it, loses to Lucario, Pikachu vs. Lucario, Pikachu loses, and LT wins and if this is the final match, Ash gets 2nd place!

I don't know I just kept think how Vespiqueen, as one of the most interesting pokemon (attacks wise) of gen IV appeared so rarely and that during DP, all of the eeveelutions have appeared under the ownership of major characters (Umbreon with Gary/Johanna, Flareon/Vaporeon with Ursula, Leafeon with Zoey, Jolteon with Volkner, Glaceon with May) except for Espeon.

That would be cool to see Ash fighting pokemon that he would have fought against the E4 since he's apparently not doing that...

I don't know I just kept think how Vespiqueen, as one of the most interesting pokemon (attacks wise) of gen IV appeared so rarely and that during DP, all of the eeveelutions have appeared under the ownership of major characters (Umbreon with Gary/Johanna, Flareon/Vaporeon with Ursula, Leafeon with Zoey, Jolteon with Volkner, Glaceon with May) except for Espeon.

That would be cool to see Ash fighting pokemon that he would have fought against the E4 since he's apparently not doing that...

As long as they don't have a Metagross or Steelix I'm good

As long as they don't have a Metagross or Steelix I'm good

Or a Scizor...

I dunno, there's some Gen IV pokemon that we haven't really seen a whole lot of or haven't seen in a competitive battle setting yet... Like Vespiqueen, Tangrowth, Froslass, Lickilicky or with the flurry of eeveelutions this gen, no Espeon...

Guess we'll see.

I'd be really surprised if Ash still has no interaction with the LT by the time DP186 rolls around.

I don't... like the way they just sprang this guy on us :/. Could of at least hinted at it, more than the foreshadowing Flint gave Ash about "that one opponent he'll never beat with spirit alone."

Or a Scizor...

I dunno, there's some Gen IV pokemon that we haven't really seen a whole lot of or haven't seen in a competitive battle setting yet... Like Vespiqueen, Tangrowth, Froslass, Lickilicky or with the flurry of eeveelutions this gen, no Espeon...

Guess we'll see.

Oh yeah definately no Scizor either.

We've only seen Vespiquen twice so far and I would like to see it in competitive battle. It does seem really weird that we've seen every eeveelution recently except Espeon so I wouldn't be surprised if one showed up

I'd be really surprised if Ash still has no interaction with the LT by the time DP186 rolls around.

I think they'll meet around either Barry V.S Paul episode or Conways episode after they battle or before. They normally give interactions between Ash and the rival who comes in and beats Ash.

LT having a Lickilicky would be hillarious, if only because they are meant to be dark and serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom