• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP183's Dark trainer- Let's speculate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rank, unless its second like Dawn got, is meaningless.

Hence the writers skipping matches/rounds in these leagues.

It does seem likely Ash gets second like Dawn did... but even if he only got Top 4 that's still an improvement

It does seem likely Ash gets second like Dawn did... but even if he only got Top 4 that's still an improvement

But he didn't win, so what the hell was the point? 4 more years down the drain.

He could beat the E4 next time.
He could beat them anyway. Whenever he does face a regional Elite Four, he shouldn't just give up on the challenge even if he loses the first time.

It would help a great deal if he actually took the Elite Four into account when training. He very obviously did not try to match up to their level in Sinnoh.

Hey we're lucky they don't put their matches in some Random Number Generator, because Ash could've started out with Darkrai's Trainer.

We're already lucky that the writers force the outcome, we should be glad he gets any improvement at all. Though personally Ash should get at least runner up.

I wonder if you can get disqualified from the League. For some reason I think the LT would slip up and break some type of rule. Unless s/he has planned this in much thought. :s

But he didn't win, so what the hell was the point? 4 more years down the drain.

4 years "down the drain?" Really? I am happy we even get an anime. I love the series because it isn't all "Ash, Win, Ash, Win, League, Win." There are other characters who balance out Ash. Plus Ash isn't Mr. Lucky and doesn't get to win everything.

4 years "down the drain?" Really? I am happy we even get an anime. I love the series because it isn't all "Ash, Win, Ash, Win, League, Win." There are other characters who balance out Ash. Plus Ash isn't Mr. Lucky and doesn't get to win everything.

The show has been going on for 13 years. In the earlier seasons, yes it was nice seeing Ash lose the leagues.

But now it just feels like Ash's story is stretched out to the point of absurdity. What series follows the same character for 650+ episodes and 13 years?

But now it just feels like Ash's story is stretched out to the point of absurdity. What series follows the same character for 650+ episodes and 13 years?

Most long running animation series,both western and eastern.

The show has been going on for 13 years. In the earlier seasons, yes it was nice seeing Ash lose the leagues.

One that I, and I am sure others, still don't mind watching.

One that I, and I am sure others, still don't mind watching.

What is the point to wait every 4-5 years for Ash to lose another league?

The show literally feels like its stuck in an endless loop where nothing is accomplished. Sure, Ash's teams get strong, but that's it.

The rank, unless its second like Dawn got, is meaningless.

What difference would getting Top 2, or Top 4 make? It's still a legendary off all things thrown in at the last minute to have him lose. Whereas Dawn faced lol Jessie in the Top 4.

What is the point to wait every 4-5 years for Ash to lose another league?

The show literally feels like its stuck in an endless loop where nothing is accomplished. Sure, Ash's teams get strong, but that's it.

Who said I watch just for the League? I watch because I like to see a further based region from the games.

Gliscor'd, you're going to have to realize that some people just like watching the anime just to enjoy it. I've been watching since the season 1, but I don't give a care at all if he wins or not. Its just fun to watch.

Until they stop making pokemon and Ash catches most of them, the writers won't have Ash become Master yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom