• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP183's Dark trainer- Let's speculate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't... like the way they just sprang this guy on us :/. Could of at least hinted at it, more than the foreshadowing Flint gave Ash about "that one opponent he'll never beat with spirit alone."

I'd like to believe that Flint statement was foreshadowing, especially since it was mentioned twice in the same episode. But it probably refers to Paul rather than the LT trainer. The writers could surprise us though.......yeah no.

J would be awsome, as would Karen, but personally, I think....

It's almost certainly Max

I'd be really surprised if Ash still has no interaction with the LT by the time DP186 rolls around.

I agree with this, I would think they would have other characters "run into" the LT though. To try to keep the hype up.

I agree with this, I would think they would have other characters "run into" the LT though. To try to keep the hype up.

What'd be worse is if he stayed shadowed for the entirety of the match and not say anything but commands until he leaves ;_;

But that's really stupid, lol. I'm sure he'll get to say SOMETHING profound before...maybe even some words of encouragement? Or outright "Imma pwn you baaad?"

There's going to be 600 something Pokemon with BW.

Ash has about 25 of them. Its obvious he's never going to get more than 5% of the total pokemon.
Which is exactly why "Gotta Catch 'em All" was dropped at the end of Gen2.

He's not after all of them anymore, hasn't been since AG started.

What'd be worse is if he stayed shadowed for the entirety of the match and not say anything but commands until he leaves ;_;

But that's really stupid, lol. I'm sure he'll get to say SOMETHING profound before...maybe even some words of encouragement? Or outright "Imma pwn you baaad?"

Or something like "I forfeit the match . . . LOLJK I AM GOING TO KILL YOU."

Now I can't wait for the anime to come back on. D:

I really think it's a person in disguise (fake hair, clothing) to distract Ash but that video does seem to show the obvious. Why Lucian though, an Elite Four member? It has to be someone we know the past seasons but not expecting to participate.. A girl too.

Reading the comments on youtube- Ash's father would be a nice twist. It would make sense that his father has been traveling a long time and maybe had enough experience and strong pokemon (Entei? Lucario?) to capture Darkrai. We'll see when the next few episodes come out.

Last edited:
I think I'd end up laughing if Ash's beats this LT trainer. The chances of it happening are slim, but then again we were all so sure Dawn was going to win the GF. He'll probably still lose though, but still...

From the writers' perspective, I think they need the LT in order to properly follow-up Paul, so to speak- after Ash beats his rival, they know they'll need someone even grander in the finals, or the battle will feel anti-climactic. It's what they did in Johto- they couldn't have Ash lose to just any trainer after beating Gary, so Harrison was introduced and given exotic, Generation III Pokemon in order to make him a worthy follow-up.

Prediction time:

Ash will beat the LT and win the League. Book it.

It's one thing for Dawn, as a rookie trainer, to make it to the finals and lose. It's another thing entirely for Ash to make it this far only to fall short yet again. Ash is "ready", imho, and this victory will be what spurs Brock's widely-speculated departure from the anime. Brock will essentially say, well, you're a big boy now, you're a conference champ, I guess you don't need me to cook for you anymore... and Ash will go to Sinnoh his own man.

Of course, if the Darkrai is secretly a Zoroark, all bets are off :-D

Last edited:
I bet yah 20$ Florizarre that Ash will loose the league.
Brock can still say that stuff to Ash if he makes it to the finale 2.
Its still pretty big for him.

Ash is "ready", imho, and this victory will be what spurs Brock's widely-speculated departure from the anime. Brock will essentially say, well, you're a big boy now, you're a conference champ, I guess you don't need me to cook for you anymore... and Ash will go to Sinnoh his own man.

Y'know I was thinking the exact same thing a while back, but honestly I can't really see him winning. But, the whole convo with Flint, and that statement he told Ash to remember Ash twice (Two episodes before the League starts), couple with the fact the LT has had no interaction with Ash at all makes me think he has a small chance to win.

But honestly, it really depends on when Ash faces Paul. If they face each other in the quarter-finals then Ash is pretty screwed. If they face each other in the semi's, then perhaps Ash has a chance. But honestly, he'll just come in Top 4, with the LT winning the league...only to say "Ash you gave me teh best battle evar." or some other stuff.

Y'know I was thinking the exact same thing a while back, but honestly I can't really see him winning. But, the whole convo with Flint, and that statement he told Ash to remember Ash twice (Two episodes before the League starts), couple with the fact the LT has had no interaction with Ash at all makes me think he has a small chance to win.

But honestly, it really depends on when Ash faces Paul. If they face each other in the quarter-finals then Ash is pretty screwed. If they face each other in the semi's, then perhaps Ash has a chance. But honestly, he'll just come in Top 4, with the LT winning the league...only to say "Ash you gave me teh best battle evar." or some other stuff.

You know Flint's advice seems like it was meant for nothing but foreshadowing and while it may come into effect against Paul I'm guessing that Ash might be in the same situation that Flint was in. Battling a tough opponent in the finals of the tournament. I'm guessing the advice isn't gonna help Ash defeat the LT, just Darkrai. Ash will use the advice to beat Darkrai then lose to one of the LT's other pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom