• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP186: Rival Decisive Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!

Re: DP 186 "Rival Decisive Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/up25599.jpg

Here's a summery.

I'm glad this is a Top 8 battle. This way the writers can stretch out how much Satoshi improves each series. Looks like an intense battle. :)

I like how Ash is steadily improving as a trainer, but I feel really bad for Paul. Then again, it could be the best he's ever gotten (but that means that he was stuck in the "top 8" rut longer than Ash was D: )

We still have

Muk
Glalie
Bayleef
Torkoal
Totodile
Corphish

haven't been used. Also we have Heracross which will 100% battle with Darkrai.

So we have 7 pokemon at least. Batlle is 6 VS 6 pokemon in each round. As you see Ash have to be in the final.

P.S. Also I think in the final he will use his best pokemon (I mean the best in this league)

Blue Flare Blitz... hmm... Flint is going to be green with envy.

Looks like a good battle, but top 8? God damn it, if the finals are going to be a cheap CoTD losing to the LT and ash losing in the top 4, I'm gonna be pissed.

Corphish, Totodile and Bayleef got their ''moment'' in episode 182. Snorlax in episode 184. Glalie in episode 186 despite it did nothing.

I see Muk and Torkoal being used against LT, and maybe Glalie too. But The other 3, I doubt it.

Pikachu, Heracross, Torkoal, Muk, Glalie, Torterra. I see this team for the final.

Looks like a good battle, but top 8? God damn it, if the finals are going to be a cheap CoTD losing to the LT and ash losing in the top 4, I'm gonna be pissed.
It's happened Kanto and Johto - Hoenn was the only league where Ash lost to the Champion.

Blue Flare Blitz epicness already? Dang, I can't wait!

Seems like it's the pics from the magazine are shown in this episode (well, I didn't see Pikachu vs. Froslass). Nice to see Buizel and Staraptor battling as well as Pikachu. Of course, Infernape's the one I'm watching for! Looks good :-D

StaraptorGastrodon.jpg

...as if poor Staraptor hasn't been though enough.

Seems like Pikachu v Aggron is the first matchup.

Pikachu v Aggron, Pika gets recalled
Infernape v Aggron, Another Aggron bites the dust
Infernape v Gastrodon, Infernape is recalled... rest... rest... until you debut Blast Burn two episodes from now...
Staraptor v Gastrodon, Staraptor gets recalled
Buizel v Gastrodon, Buizel wins
Buizel v Drapion, Buizel looks like its still giving it a fight for its money but ultimately gets defeated/recalled CROSS POISON LOOKS AWESOME!!!

...as if poor Staraptor hasn't been though enough.

Hopefully it'll be recalled or something, or it might defeat Gastrodon too...

It's very interesting to see that Ash's main battle in this league is in the Top 8, where he would usually lose.
I look forward to watching this battle (two weeks is too long!). Hopefully with three episodes of the battle, Ash's entire Sinnoh team can be balanced out with screentime.

I'm pissed that a 6 v 6 battle got shafted. ._.
Needs moar Bayleef.

But hey, I can't complain about a three-parter...
Shinji's team is all of the bulky Pokemon that scare the shit out of me.

Excited by the prospect of lots of action though :3

isnt this a six on six battle?

Seems like Pikachu v Aggron is the first matchup.

Pikachu v Aggron, Pika gets recalled
Infernape v Aggron, Another Aggron bites the dust
Infernape v Gastrodon, Infernape is recalled... rest... rest... until you debut Blast Burn two episodes from now...
Staraptor v Gastrodon, Staraptor gets recalled
Buizel v Gastrodon, Buizel wins
Buizel v Drapion, Buizel looks like its still giving it a fight for its money but ultimately gets defeated/recalled CROSS POISON LOOKS AWESOME!!!

Apparently, Staraptor will beat Gastrodon with Close Combat that's why I think that Buizel will be send before Staraptor.

Apparently, Staraptor will beat Gastrodon with Close Combat that's why I think that Buizel will be send before Staraptor.

That's not confirmed though. The text just says that Staraptor counters with Close Combat, not that he defeats Gastrodon (Though I wouldn't be against Staraptor taking a win, he deserves it)

At the present moment, we don't know any of the results.
We can't tell which pokemon will defeat whom, since Ash seems to switch around so much in this match.

isnt this a six on six battle?

Yes it is.

For now, Infernape and Aggron's battle is the main in this episode.

I guess we will have to wait until Gliscor's battle.

Looks like we won't see Blast Burn...

Before anyone goes on about the skipped battle, I think the writers found a way to dodge it. Ash was training Glalie in the Conway ep, presumably to work with his Sinnoh team. Now that Gliscor's back, though, that has changed. I can't confirm it yet, but that is what it looks like. One Hoenn poke got shafted so they could do this, leaving the required 5 pokes left for the Darkrai trainer. I can't be certain, though, as I need someone to tell me if that is indeed what happened.

Who wants to bet that the first half of this episode would just be Ash and co. meeting up with Reggie, Ash reuniting with Gliscor, Ash and Paul talking about their match, etc.?
I mean, previews only show so much and only what we want to see. It doesn't mean that the battle will automatically begin at the start of the episode. This is supposed to be a 3-episode match.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom