• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP186: Rival Decisive Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!

Paul was shown trying to capture a Drapion back in, "Chim-Charred," so its probably that same wild one.

It looked like Gliscor grew in size from its training. It's huge. Infernape looked cool in action; I enjoyed that Mach Punch to Aggron's face. Gastrodon's way of creating counter shield looked strange at first. I am thrilled for the continuation.

I am surprised this long it took for blue Gastrodon to be seen in the show.

I'm liking the fight so far, Ash seems to have the upper hand with Paul so far, what with him taking out 2 of his Pokemon. Though I have a feeling that the tides were turning against him when Paul copy the Counter Shield, and when Drapion was sent out. Though I am glad to see Buizel have a win under it's belt, along with using Ice Aqua Jet. Glad to see Ash is thinking this fight out more than going in head strong like the last fight.

I don't understand your complaining, Queen Cynthia.

For years we predicted a DEM win from Ash in the league. So far this looks a lot more balanced than what we expected...I doubt that Paul intentionally wants his pokemon to lose, but he's also lulling Ash into a false sense of security, ala their Acuity Battle.

Looks like Drapion is the new Ursaring. It seems ready to beast through Ash's team.

This episode is very thrilling for me, and I cannot wait to see what's next on the anime. I especially loved the battle against Gastrodon, because that one was quite clever, with the water bubble thing being flung into the air and dropping down and Buizel's attacks on Gastrodon. I can't wait to see what will be in store for Drapion's battle, though.

Gastrodon raep?

Nice ep. Took forever to get going, but it was a good start to the battle, I thought.

Hey guys, don't you think that Paul wants Ash to win? I mean he just lost two of his pokemon after Ash recalled his Staraptor and Pikachu and Paul didn't switch out his pokemon at all.Why would Paul want to win this if he has to face a trainer beyond his tactics?

Btw if Drapion's ability is sniper, its gonna be deadly.But since it grabbed Buizel I think its ability is battle armor.

I agree with Queen Cynthia this isn't the Paul i'm used to seeing. There is no way in hell that pokemon like Aggron and Gastrodon can go down that easily, especially gastrodon going down with a Ice punch WTF? This ain't right, I just hope that Paul is luring Ash into a false sense of security.

It's the classic back n' forth battle. Drama rules.

The viewer gets lured into a false sense of security by letting Ash do great for a while (unexpected, because Paul is strong). Next episode Ash is going to get completely curbstomped by Paul, and because Ash was doing great at first, this will make the curbstomp seem a lot more dramatic. In the final episode of the battle, Ash gets to recover and manages to pull off a win.

By playing the battle in this sequence, writers ensure maximum drama, tension and a surprise conclusion (which isn't really a surprise, but whatever).

I guess people forget quickly.

In the episode - Chim-Charred! - Paul is seen trying to capture a Drapion. Obviously he didn't catch it because of Gligar's interruption, but who's to say he didn't end up catching it after his battle with Ash?

vlcsnap2010080517h03m09.png

Forgot? people said it like 326545623 times already
It's most likely is NOT the same one (and not Reggie's either)
But it IS continuity

I liked the fact that you could hear Satoshi sending out Goukazaru during the eyecatch... although it is making me wonder how they'll handle that in the dub.

They might just show us Ash releasing Infernape immediately with no talking

you know, looking over the episode again, does anyone else get the feeling piplup's new outfit might be premeptive advertisment for the pokemon musicals?

Dress up was being there during the whole DP series... it's nothing new
If anything, that's based on the DP games' Super Contests dress up

Wait, so it is Reggie's?

NO

Paul was shown trying to capture a Drapion back in, "Chim-Charred," so its probably that same wild one.

No, it's probably just continuity, Paul wanted A Drapion, and eventually he got one... it's not necessarily THE Drapion he tried to catch back then, and it sure isn't Reggie's
Seriously... just like Conway's Dusknoir is not the same one, but it IS continuity...

I am surprised this long it took for blue Gastrodon to be seen in the show.

The other two Burmy forms are still crying... and poor blue Shellos got such a quick one or two still shots of a group of them for a few seconds and that's it...
Not to mention poor Kricketot who was just stuck in the background sometime and only got its proper appearance with Nando in the GF
(and let's not even start with the Pory line...)

Anyone know what were Paul and Reggie talking about ? It seemed like Paul finally has feelings and cares about that battle, while Reggie is really psyched up...

Also, what were Paul and Dawn talking about? Seemed like Paul told her how he really feels about Ash.

And I can't undestand why Paul let Ash use ice aqua jet, he knew about it, so that was his mistake...

It looks on preview like drapion will be hard to KO, but I don't think Paul will KO all 5 pokes with drapion and ninjask, I guess Ash will just switch when he sees he can't win...

And I can't undestand why Paul let Ash use ice aqua jet, he knew about it, so that was his mistake...

Or as someone mentioned earlier, Reiji said that Shinji let them faint. So it probably wasn't a mistake, yet a plan for this battle which will probably be revealed in the next two eps.

Anyone know what were Paul and Reggie talking about ? It seemed like Paul finally has feelings and cares about that battle, while Reggie is really psyched up...

Also, what were Paul and Dawn talking about? Seemed like Paul told her how he really feels about Ash.

I doubt that.How on earth would he care about that battle if he disliked Ash from the beginning?I'll bet that he told dawn not to waste her time cheering up Ash cuz hes gonna lose or someting rude that'll make her cross.

I doubt that.How on earth would he care about that battle if he disliked Ash from the beginning?I'll bet that he told dawn not to waste her time cheering up Ash cuz hes gonna lose or someting rude that'll make her cross.

He cared in their first full battle..
Also, have you seen his face while he battled with aggron and gastrodon? He didn't look like he liked losing...

why is it impossible that paul is using reggie's drappion; forest uses brocks pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom