• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP186: Rival Decisive Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!

Re: DP 186 "Rival Decisive Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

Who wants to bet that the first half of this episode would just be Ash and co. meeting up with Reggie, Ash reuniting with Gliscor, Ash and Paul talking about their match, etc.?

Reiji needs to be there. Interactions between Reiji/Paul, Ash/Paul, Paul/Infernape, Barry/Dawn/Conway are key here.

Edit, Also Cynthia... That would be good too... Are they ever gonna make Mr. Goodshow talk?

Reiji needs to be there. Interactions between Reiji/Paul, Ash/Paul, Paul/Infernape, Barry/Dawn/Conway are key here.

What about Cynthia, who has been waiting to see a match between both trainers since she first met them?

Glad to see Gliscor is returning for this battle. Just hope this will be a "permanent" return and not a "I come to help you with this and after that I go away again" situation. Ash has left behind to many Pokemons already: Charizard, Squirtle, Lapras, Pidgeot, Primeape and Butterfree.

Glad to see Gliscor is returning for this battle. Just hope this will be a "permanent" return and not a "I come to help you with this and after that I go away again"

I actually hope for the opposite. Gliscor being oaked after this would just cheapen the choice Ash made in the Air Master episode to do what's best for Gliscor. Anyway... there's cheap surrounding Gliscor no matter how you look at it.

Just like I think Infernape should go back with Paul after their battle. It's done storyline wise and without Paul to give it meaning, Infernape'll just feel like an empty shell. Infernape was my second favourite DP pokemon, but I think it should go.

I just hope Buizel beats Gastrodon instead of Staraptor cause we know it's very possible he's gonna lose to Drapion cause look at his past battles....Lost to(in a row) Kyle's Lantern, Bryyon's Steelix, Paul's Ursaring, That Mr Mime, Flint's Infernape, and Kenny's Empoleon....C'mon Buizel hasn't had a victory in so long, it's about time he wins a battle!

This looks like its gonna be epic.
I think there trying to hide some things from us in the preview if yah ask me. Also, maybe Ash will get either top 4 or 2 if so that's fine with me either way it still shows how much stronger he's gotten.

I just hope Buizel beats Gastrodon instead of Staraptor cause we know it's very possible he's gonna lose to Drapion cause look at his past battles....Lost to(in a row) Kyle's Lantern, Bryyon's Steelix, Paul's Ursaring, That Mr Mime, Flint's Infernape, and Kenny's Empoleon....C'mon Buizel hasn't had a victory in so long, it's about time he wins a battle!

Same goes for Torterra. His last victory was as a Turtwig at Roarks gym.

???
It beat Suzuna's Nyula and something of Maximum Mask's if I am remembering correctly.

It beat Gardenia's Turtwig and Candice's Sneasel. Might have beaten something from Crasher Wake too.

???
It beat Suzuna's Nyula and something of Maximum Mask's if I am remembering correctly.

Gardenia's Turtwig, nothing from Crasher Wake's gym, however.
It doesn't matter either way. How a pokemon performs in a previous battle has absolutely no bearing as to how it will perform in a future battle.

???

As a Torterra it did nothing.

Torterra lost in its big battles until now. It's pretty shame the battle against Paul will probably be its last battle with Ash.

As a Torterra it did nothing.

Torterra lost in its big battles until now. It's pretty shame the battle against Paul will probably be its last battle with Ash.

Kikuno was understandable due to her E4 status. Denji was a bit annoying but that is what you get for having overused Goukazaru on the show who apparantly needed more screentime despite turning Blaze into evolution energy previously :rolleyes: Fukamaru and Dodaitose would have loved some decent focus at that gym.

Kikuno was understandable due to her E4 status. Denji was a bit annoying but that is what you get for having overused Goukazaru on the show who apparantly needed more screentime despite turning Blaze into evolution energy previously :rolleyes: Fukamaru and Dodaitose would have loved some decent focus at that gym.

It's not an excuse.

As a Grotle it lost to Abomasnow and Rhyperior.

Even one win against Paul won't be enough as long as Torterra won't defeat a strong pokemon to make up on those losses.

Like Gliscor?

Gliscor's return is just an extra.

If you take Gible and Gliscor's battles together, they have more than Grotle and Toererra.

I find it odd Gliscor wasn't in the preview at all.

I think this time there trying to throw the fans who don't read spoilers out of the loop here.

As an aside, let me just say how glad I am to see Flare Blitz. Now we've got a trifecta of Recoil users in Ash's Sinnoh gang, with Pikachu's Volt Tackle, Staraptor's Brave Bird, and now Infernape's Flare Blitz. All we need now is a Wood Hammer from Torterra (and heck, why not throw in Buizel's Aqua Jet and Gliscor's Giga Impact as well) and I can affectionly give the lable of "Team Blitzkrieg" to his Sinnoh Pokies. Highly risky damaging tactics with rewards.

I find it odd Gliscor wasn't in the preview at all.

Dude, there are two other parts of the battle >_>.

Anyways, I finally watched the preview. While I have to say I am slightly dissapointed with the fact that the move Infernape is using is not Blast Burn, only thing I can say is;

FUCK YEAH BOSSGODORA.

Yes, from what seen from the preview, Ogata is still not good, but Tomioka's writing and the matchups will save the episode. I believe. I hope.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom