• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP187: Intense Fighting Full Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Part Two of the Satoshi vs. Shinji battle.

- Dodaitoise vs. Dorapion

- We also see Mukuhawk, Glion, Buoysel, and Goukazaru fighting against the scorpion thing.

- Due to one of Dorapion's attacks, all of the pokemon in Satoshi's team are taking damage.

- Shinji's using a Tekkanin and a Yukimenoko.

- The preview ends with Yukimenoko attacking Pikachu with an ice attack.

Re: DP 187 "Intense Fighting Full Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

Dude...gliscor...Does he have Stone edge? D:
This will be an awesome battle...I can sense it.

What? Four Pokemon against that beast of Drapion? That's insane! :-/

It's an Iwane episode, is what it is. Rather unusual that they'd not save him for the final segement of this three parter, but hey, I'm not complaining about some Iwane Muku, Glisor and Froslass.

It's all powerhouse evolved forms too, and looks to be one hell of a fight.

Oh look Pikachu trapped in ice, where have I seen that before?

If the battle keeps up like the last episode, this may in fact be the greatest League battle ever.

Dude...gliscor...Does he have Stone edge? D:
This will be an awesome battle...I can sense it.

Looks like it! Pretty dang cool. Plus he's trying his luck against Ninjask's speed boost.

They really are playing up Drapion to be a beast. I still think that thing and Reggie's from the DP128 flashback are one and the same. What with the Reggie-Ash parallels that seem to be implied already...

I get the feeling most of the battle will be Ash trying to take out Drapion. Wonder which of his Pokémon will be the tragic victims?
This looks great, anyway, and I'm glad Drapion will be in episode 2, not episode 3.

I see Pikachu beating Frosslass, Gliscor beating Ninjask and Gliscor or Infernape beating Drapion.

So Torterra will still continue without knowing the meaning of victory since it evolved ;_;

Seriously, it's the time you will start writing the english names of the pokemon. I don't understand anything.

So Torterra will still continue without knowing the meaning of victory since it evolved ;_;

That's what Ash gets for being "hurp durp there's no way Paul will figure out how to get around a Pokemon the same species as HIS STARTER lol".

Though I thoroughly expect some "O____O" from Paul when he sees Ash's flying around like a motherfucker with Rock Climb.

Why don't you look em up? He's acustomed to them cause he's in Japan, and for him, the English ones are the ones he doesn't understand. And either way, after enough time, if you know Ash's or Paul's team, the Pokemon should come right away which are which.

Part of me is holding out hope that they flashback to the battle between Squirtle and Ninjask when Paul calls his out...

This episode looks GOOD! I can't wait!

Isn't Bulbagarden's policy on JP-EN names "Japanese names when talking about Japanese things. English when Overseas things". Besides, due to being around in the DP-Preview era, I know a lot of the GenIV's by Japanese names, and the others I pick up xD

He lives in Japan so he's cool. It's only when weeaboos do it that it's annoying (like people calling Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood "Fullmetal Alchemist Shintetsu"...erm the show is called "Fullmetal Alchemist" in Japan)

I'm a bit worried here, I mean sure Buizel got its win, but Infernape knocked out Aggron, so something is going to have to be the fall guy since Infernape is supposed to knock out Electivire too.

I really wonder how necessary it was for Infernape to get 2 wins?

Edit: And no one should get mad if Gliscor beats Drapion, since it looks like a group effort, so it'll likely only deal the finishing blow. VS Ninjask though can kiss my ass since it's an air battle and Gliscor's learning stone edge (which will screw Ninjask over if it hits). Seriously writers thank you for screwing with my arguments for Gliscor.

I really wonder how necessary it was for Infernape to get 2 wins?.

Infernape has to prove itself to paul, that's why.

It looks like Pikachu gets frozen during the battle. Should be amusing to see Satoshi run onto the field and carry him off in order to recall him. :p

It looks like Pikachu gets frozen during the battle. Should be amusing to see Satoshi run onto the field and carry him off in order to recall him. :p
Or, they pull a Regice and after yelling to Pikachu everything they've been through and not to surrender, Pikachu activates Volt Tackle breaking the ice crashing instantly in Froslass. :drool:

Pikacube. Perfect for your drink.

The best part about this fight is there's no clear winner for each fight.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom