• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP188: Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
- We see Shinji's Elekibull vs. Satoshi's Pikachu
- We also see Drapion vs Glion
- After a few more Elekibull vs. Pikachu shots, we see Goukazaru fight Shinji's electric type.
- At the end of the preview, Goukazaru unleashes a really fierce-looking Blaze.

Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

Wow, this is going to be one fiery battle. :p

So this won't be just Elekible vs Gokuzaru. Kinda disappointing since the end of the battle will likely take up the entire episode, meaning aside from maybe a shot of the semi's scoreboard, we won't really get an introduction to Takuto.

Not that as a whole this battle hasn't been good, but it amazes me that they can stretch out a battle across the better part of 3 episode, yet so many of the KOs have been like after only one or two hits. It looks like it'll be good and action packed and whatnot for this episode though.

There also don't seem to be any hints of a flashback to Shinji's past, like so many people were predicting.

There also don't seem to be any hints of a flashback to Shinji's past, like so many people were predicting.

Sadface :(

Oh well, they compensated by adding, what I expect to be, a really action-packed battle. Electivire sticking its wires into the ground like that was pretty hardcore >_>

Oh, and jeez! Infernape looks like he's going super saiyan in that preview O_O;

Hope Gliscor will knock out Drapion and not end up in a draw.

Okay writers I think you annoyed me enough, seriously what was the point in giving Infernape Flare Blitz, the most useless move to ever...... let me rephrase that, the most unnecessary move to give Infernape. Flame wheel was just so much better.

Now I've given all hope in ever seeing Blast burn, but just in the very slim chance of .0000000000000000000000000000000000000001% that we did possibly see blast burn in the preview (unless it was confirmed to be blaze), then writers you are such a tease.

So it comes to this.

Glion and Drapion will draw.
Elekibull defeats Pika
Guokazaru bets Elekibull

Not much, but lets hope the battle is good.

About Takuto, maybe they'll slide in him and Satoshi's batlle in the last 5-10 minutes? This episode's battle, to me, won't be too long.

There wont be enough time for the Takuto battle to get started. We also need to have a final farewell to Shinji.

So it comes to this.

Elekibull defeats Pika
Guokazaru bets Elekibull

This is also my prediction.
While I'm obviously looking forward to the battle itself, I'm caring even more about Ash and Paul's interactions after the battle.

So, yeah. I'm not fussed about seeing the beginning of the Takuto battle.

It's the ending of Ash and Paul's final battle. It's a guarantee a third of it will be taken up by people talking. It's just they wouldn't show that in the preview. It'll be longer than it seems like it would need to be.

Awe man the ending should be epic!

So it comes to this.

Elekibull defeats Pika
Guokazaru bets Elekibull

Not much, but lets hope the battle is good.

About Takuto, maybe they'll slide in him and Satoshi's batlle in the last 5-10 minutes? This episode's battle, to me, won't be too long.

This furthur proves my claim, Ash is gonna get creamed by Takuto and Darkrai.

I'm good with Glion vs Drapion ending in a tie. Drapion is a beast and Glion was damaged from the previous battle, so I kind of expect a tie. And as long as Glion manages to put up a great battle against Drapion and knock it out even if it gets knocked out at the same time is good enough for me.

Even if it lost against Drapion it wouldn't mean Glion was weak as long as it causes Drapion to struggle and put up a great fight against it. All it means is Drapion was just (slightly) stronger than Glion. A Pokemon losing a battle against another Pokemon doesn't make them weak as long as they caused the opponent to have a hard time against it. They're only weak if their attacks hardly do anything or are knocked out by one move.

And I'm really looking forward to Elekible vs Goukazaru as well even though the outcome of it should be obvious. I hope the entire battle will be great.

Last edited:

Ooh, so we're seeing more Gliscor and Pikachu in this match (I assumed it was just Infernape at first). Sweet! Yeah, Gliscor's definitely tying against Drapion and Pikachu will be beaten by Electivire. So there's more battles going on in this episode than I thought. That's good that it isn't just Infernape vs. Electivire.

EDIT: So I saw the preview, Gliscor, Pikachu, and Infernape (especially Infernape)...love them so much, they are going to be awesome next week. Yay :-D

Last edited:

Ash has 3 pokemon left (Pikachu, Infernape, Gliscor) and Paul has 2 (Drapion, Electivire).

The confirmed match-ups in this episode are:
Gliscor VS Drapion
Pikachu VS Electivire
Infernape VS Electivire

Also, assuming Gliscor wins...
Gliscor VS Electivire

If Gliscor loses...
Pikachu (or Infernape) VS Drapion

Then there could be the draw.
I see this as the most likely option, since we didn't get a hint of the other two possibilities in the preview.

Ash has 3 pokemon left (Pikachu, Infernape, Gliscor) and Paul has 2 (Drapion, Electivire).

The confirmed match-ups in this episode are:
Gliscor VS Drapion
Pikachu VS Electivire
Infernape VS Electivire

Also, assuming Gliscor wins...
Gliscor VS Electivire

If Gliscor loses...
Pikachu (or Infernape) VS Drapion

Then there could be the draw.
I see this as the most likely option, since we didn't get a hint of the other two possibilities in the preview.

Yeah, I think we're going to see Gliscor with a draw and Pikachu loses to Electivire while Infernape wins.

Just saw the preview. Infernape is positively insane!

tookabiteagumgum.jpg

Goku and Luffy, all rolled into one monkey.

Glad to see Electivire take center stage, definitely being Paul's main guy and all (even if Torterra was his starter), plus it does a nice job of bringing Diamond and Pearl full circle...

But wow, the Takuto Battle is going to have to evolve Heracross to even come close to living up to this fight. At this point, I'm kind of wondering if they should've just ended the league here.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom