• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP188: Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!

Re: DP 188 "Conclusion of Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

Oh Paul, you just had to open your big fat mouth, hahaha.

WOOHOO!

That was awesome and intense!! 8D I loved this battle!

Awwww Paul cares about Infernape! Awwwww <3

And AWWWWW Paul's Pokemon being upset that he lost!! This is too adorable!
Now for the moment I've been waiting for... narrated by no other than Cynthia!

This is, like, the cutest moment in Pokemon ever! <3
But.. wait! ..No soothe bell?! Whaaat?! *cries*

Naw, all of Paul's Pokemon are sad.

Jindai-san... Battle Frontier. Ohohoho.

Super awesome battle and ohmigaaaaah <3

Ash and Infernape hugging was adorable!

Also, Paul's Pokémon delightfully happy. LOVE IT!

It just hit me how derpy Weavile looked in that shot. And how buddy-buddy Reggie's Staraptor and Honchkrow look.

Best. Battle. EVER!!

AWESOME!!

;_; (sunset + Ash running to Paul)

There are not enough words to describe how amazing that last scene was. No handshake, no soothebells (but hey, I was totally expecting too much with that) and yet...

I'm shaking right now.

I'll probably do a full review of this later on the shipping thread but right now, I'm enjoying this for what it is.

Dear writers, thank you for putting Paul in the series. I truly enjoyed having him as Ash's rival. Good luck on your future endeavors, Shinji.

Good riddance, Putz.

The fact that Infernape was the Pokemon to win the battle for Ash was predictable, and yet EPIC. FUCK YEAH SON GOKU HELLFIRE MONKEY!!! I've been telling everyone for four years, you're the absolute best. <3

Where was his Magmortar?
That last scene was just.. lets just say when Paul waved back at Ash.. It was so awesome.

A VOLT TACKLE??? Come on pikachu, you GOT to be kidding me...against an ekectivire...

OMG! I KNEW IT! We had this discussion in one of the other threads that Ash would do something like this, how stupid can you be?!

OMG! I KNEW IT! We had this discussion in one of the other threads that Ash would do something like this, how stupid can you be?!

As far as i understood, Ash did it on porpuse, so Electivire would attack and get close to Pikachu so it could hit iron tail... which didn't work.

Oh god. Cynthia what the...No. We cannot believe your speeches about connections and forgiveness and compassion after you let a man self-destruct and did nothing. I know he was evil, but that's the POINT. You presented yourself through these speeches as being better than that when you really weren't when the chips were down.

I'm sorry, but the flaming hypocracy of that scene just threw off the whole Ash and Paul stuff for me.

Um, he did this on purpose, I think. It was to get Electivire in close range for an iron tail/quick attack (I'm saying this because he smirked right afterward).

You know, sometimes, I know that they're going to pull a gyarodos bait and switch with an electivire, but I figure it's not worth it and I thunderbolt the bitch anyways. Similar concept.

DP 188 "Decisive Rival Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

So we move on to the last part of the three-ep battle. This episode was pretty tense knowing that all of Satoshi's remaining Pokémon already had been damaged in battle while Shinji still had Elekible unscathed. The battle eventually went to the point where it was Gokuzaru vs. Elekible. To heighten the tension, there was a moment in which Gokuzaru was down but came back with Blaze for impact. After a heart-racing moment, Elekible fell to give Satoshi the win. This episode has become one of my favourites in terms of the battles as well as the pacing. It was nice to see Shinji open up a bit and acknowledged Satoshi's request for another battle. We got the opportunity to hear Type Wild! in the climax of the battle. Overall, I rate this episode a 9.5/10.

As far as i understood, Ash did it on porpuse, so Electivire would attack and get close to Pikachu so it could hit iron tail... which didn't work.

Exactly my point, it didn't wowrk, it was never going to work >.> Motor Drive made Electivire faster, so there was no way in hell Pikachu was going to get a shot in. Ash is an idiot, though he somehow always manages to win.

What Paul said before he left? Someone knows?

I think Paul mentioned that he's going to challenge Brandon again. Guess he's headed for the Kanto Battle Frontier.

That's really the only place Paul CAN go that isn't Isshu. So I'm glad that went as expected.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom